How bad an idea is this?

Real life meet up. Who would want to? What would we do? Obstacles to doing so. 🗡
I am a professional hermit. I won't say nay to those who have a desire to get together.

As bad ideas goes a meat world meet up is somewhere way down at the bottom of the list.

Government strangulation of freedoms is a definite obstacle.
It would be fun, but sounds expensive. And I'm currently not in a position to spend much cash.
Also, only a few of us are geographically close.

I think I'm actually closest to you, zapshe, IIRC...
Expenses, distance, yea.

Lots of people in different countries, like Helios ;(

You are the closest the person that I know of. Maybe in a some years we'll all be in better positions to make it happen.
its not a bad idea, but its an impractical one.
Travel is a massive hardship for me, so its unlikely I would make it if it were outside a day trip. International travel is surely a pain for most people.
And the risk that the other user is not a real person; aka traffic generator.
LOL, from helios's POV, we're in a different country.
Lmao! Imagine finding out that Helios is a bot with an elaborate backstory.
Lmao! Imagine finding out that zapshe is a bot with an elaborate backstory.
Lmao! Imagine finding out that TheIdeasMan is actually a real person pretending to be a bot with an elaborate backstory.
Meeting in real could be expensive, a virtual video conference over skype or something like that would be better.
That would work too, but idk. Something about giving you all overly enthusiastic pats on the back is nice. I would just leave after doing that.
I just did a quick check. It seems a round trip to, say, NYC would cost me at least 4 months worth of wages.To say that it'd be a pain is an understatement. If I'm going anywhere I'm not coming back.

I don't know about all you guys, but in the last 18 months I've had enough virtual meetings to last me a lifetime.
If I'm going anywhere I'm not coming back.

Well... Perhaps I don't mind being Mrs. Helios....
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.