Funny autocompletes

Pages: 123
Why is..
my stool green
my urine yellow (twice)

seriously, people need to ask intelegent questions for once. Thats why i like this forum, everyone is so smart :p
Why is (autocompled) the world going to end in 2012

I think my IQ dropped a standard deviation after seeing that.

-Albatross
They should make people take an iq test before using a search engin e and anybody beneath 120 can't use it. (and they wouldnt be able to hack into it either)
A lot of people can't use Google because of their IQ. What do you think LMGTFY is for?
http://bit.ly/lgVuZ2

EDIT:
@Albatross
On the subject of not so constructive criticism...

When you realise that other people are stupid, wouldn't that increase the S.D. of your IQ, because the mean goes down? ;)
Last edited on
Albatross just got normal distribution'd.

In other news, I absolutely HATE statistics.
"How come" is special... And the number one question for "Is there" is a timeless one that somehow seems wrong to be asked on "ask.com".
In other news, I absolutely HATE statistics. -Chris

How? That's like hating sunshine!
I absolutely HATE statistics.

Oh, me too - I dropped statistics after a single term of my maths degree (it was compulsory until then...). I got Albatross on basically the only bit I know ;)
When you realise that other people are stupid, wouldn't that increase the S.D. of your IQ, because the mean goes down?

No, unfortunately. A fine detail is that my IQ dropped many more points than the population mean did. :/

I absolutely HATE statistics.

I don't get why everyone absolutely hates statistics. Sure, there can be some mucky integrals if you decide to deal with the actual equations for the CDFs, but in most cases a lookup table will do fine, no? :)

-Albatross
my IQ dropped many more points than the population mean did

I never knew how dangerous autocomplete was :P

I don't know why I dislike statistics either. And yet I still do :p
I only did stats in my first year as I said. I doubt it was anything hard, but back then I was generally a bit shit at maths...

can be some mucky integrals if you decide to deal with the actual equations for the CDFs, but in most cases a lookup table will do fine, no?

But there doesn't exist a lookup for every random variable, so inevitably statisticans and statistics students will have to do that.

My uni's three years of statistics courses must have done a little more than teaching the students how to use a dictionary lookup. Either that or the statistics students were really, really stupid. ;)
Last edited on
But there doesn't exist a lookup for every random variable

Most of those "custom" distributions are discrete, aren't they?

Also, the population mean dropped some when my IQ did, as did the population standard deviation. But not much. :P

-Albatross
Last edited on
Albatross wrote:

So that's 215 to 200 right ;).
Framework wrote:
Browni, do you use SRWare Iron?

Nope, just Internet Explorer.
Most of those "custom" distributions are discrete, aren't they?

It's probably best we stop talking about statistics, because I just don't know :/ I am if anything a mathematical physicist.

as did the population standard deviation

Albatross says "I'm cleverer than average"

But not much. :P

Albatross says "But not like a freak."

A correct interpretation? :P

Disclaimer: These are not the opinions of my institution, nor are they mine. Do not under any circumstances take seriously anything I say ever. Ever.

EDIT: @Browni On the subject of IE, I noticed my university uses IE7 today :@
Last edited on
Albatross says "But not like a freak."

Even if I had an IQ of 1000, considering the amount of data the people designing those tests have, I honestly doubt it'd be high enough to shift the mean even one point.

I also doubt that anyone designs tests to test people with intelligences that high.

-Albatross
EDIT: @Browni On the subject of IE, I noticed my university uses IE7 today :@

I'm finally using Firefox and now I want to kill myself for all the time I'v wasted with IE.

I also doubt that anyone designs tests to test people with intelligences that high.

It would be stupid to do so, though for various reasons I may be inclined to think IQ tests just a bit stupid anyway ;)

And when I said freak... let's see. ~6.7x10^9 people in the world, let's say average IQ of 100 for easy calculation.
Definition:freakish; adj.
Having an IQ of over 670 billion.

EDIT: Look's like "freakish" is a compliment as far as I'm concerned :P
Last edited on
The average IQ is always 100 because it is shifted onto a normal distribution curve.
Makes sense :)
You know, once you figure out how IQ tests work it's not all that hard to score what ever you damn well please. I've been subjected to an IQ tests once every couple of years since I was 7. Once I figured what to do I found it fun to give them clearly inaccurate scores. Scoring below the mental retardation range first, and then scoring well above genius next. Clearly I'm neither disabled or genius, which made it all the more entertaining!
@xander337 That is pretty funny lol. I guess they worked out what you were doing after a while though though...

Anyway, that pretty much illustrates my point that IQ tests aren't so great (which I was hinting at earlier :P).
Pages: 123