A programmers epiphany

Have you ever had an epiphany that you'll never have the time to know or do as much as you want in your field? I think this is what drives a lot of people in the field of science. When i first thought about it I was sad, but then it became a challenge and now I think Im ready to truly do great things and leave a legacy behind not just in computer science but also the world (not to be cheesy). I was wondering if any of you have had the same feeling and what place and time you where if you did (be it working on a large project with a team,or alone)?
lol forever alone :?
Nah man me too :D
It worries me actually! I'm 16 now and I just want to learn and absorp as much as I can but there's always more aaaargh!
@Xander337

Want to learn and absorb as much as you can? That is precisely what I'm trying to do over here :'D --> http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/73784/
Since when were there two xanders?!?!?

And xander337, I think you meant @Xander333.
I have the same feeling...

@xander333 *props* to teen nerds
^two accounts same user???
@strongdrink
not much of a title these days. only got one year left in teen hood. I turn 19 in a few months, started programming at about 16.
Lol, you are correct. I meant xander333. It's confusing when there are 3 of us with almost identical names.
@DeXecipher started at 9 :) other minor use before 9 like PHP with HTML
Last edited on
leave a legacy behind

Just wanted to warn you that you might be setting the bar too high... I am not saying you won't live up to it, but it's better to do what you are good at without having the high expectations. You will know you have made a difference when time comes, with or without the high expectations.

Btw, having said that, I was one of those with the high expectations 10 years ago, but now I am just an ordinary (even sub-standard) academic critter.
I WAS FIRST!!!!11111!!!!@@@@@@!!!111
Btw, having said that, I was one of those with the high expectations 10 years ago, but now I am just an ordinary (even sub-standard) academic critter.

When I started university I went in fully intending to be top of my class in everything I did. Apparently it's not easy to break the habit of being an absolute slacker and bare minimum student.
Have you ever had an epiphany that you'll never have the time to know or do as much as you want in your field? I think this is what drives a lot of people in the field of science. When i first thought about it I was sad, but then it became a challenge and now I think Im ready to truly do great things and leave a legacy behind not just in computer science but also the world (not to be cheesy). I was wondering if any of you have had the same feeling and what place and time you where if you did (be it working on a large project with a team,or alone)?

No. Such an epiphany is the first step to failure in your pursuits.
how so??^
I'm 15 and I have had that epiphany! I understand what you mean. I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.