Lounge - May 2012 (Page 3)

Thoughts on Windows 8?

I've been running the Consumer Preview for about a week now. Other than a few graphical glitches in Firefox, it's been an amazing experience. I was a little t...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=darkestfright]I'm curious what you feel makes it counter-intuti... (by closed account 1vRz3TCk)
Rating Posts and/or thanking them

I believe there should be some way where we express gratitude and reward users who answer our questions, much like the Reputation Feature on same websites.
[7 replies] Last: Just so. You dropped someone's name in the killfile, it was as if the... (by cire)
by LB
What lemons?

Life is like a cat. Sometimes it's affectionate, but most of the time it just hates you.
[16 replies] Last: Happy unbirthday, LB To recognize life, search for entropy reduction.... (by ne555)
SDL Game Engine (SGE) (1,2)

I've been working on a game engine using SDL & OpenGL since yesterday and it's gotten to the first milestone (opening a window and handling events). I wanted to...
[38 replies] Last: @NGen, I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion. I've got an NVIDIA Ge... (by chrisname)
State based games

So, I'm starting my first real video game project with a friend of mine. He has much more experience in video game design then I do, but due to time zone differ...
[4 replies] Last: If you want a simple and clean implementation for this, you can check ... (by xander333)
as fast as google

I'm amazed at how fast this site loads. It's at least as fast if not faster than google. To the developer of this site I say WAY TO GO!!!
[9 replies] Last: http://www.softlayer.com/ Apparently they're the guys who host the se... (by NGen)
Hello, where to post my question about Visual Studio

Hello, I'm just registered, I'm happy to join you, and I'm new to this forum although I visit this site regularly. I had a question about solution explorer in ...
[1 reply] : Beginners or General is where most of the discussion happens. Any On... (by Stewbond)
by NGen
Translation via 4D Matrices

I'm attempting to implement 4D matrices for manual transformation of a mesh (just for learning purposes) and currently have linear transformations working corre...
[14 replies] Last: Ok, I'll just assume it's a cultural thing then. (by hanst99)
Code ins't property so cannot be stolen!

WHAT!!! I know it a old news but I had to put a topic about this one and see what you lot think about the situations? I think it make people life easier who's d...
[13 replies] Last: The OP's article is incredibly misleading. It's saying that code thef... (by Disch)
by CMinus
No Img Feature here !!

Is it right that this site doesn't have an image Feature ??
[2 replies] Last: It raises loading times - much better if people just link to them. (by NGen)
Anybody uses GLFW with openGL here?

Hi, If somebody worked with GLFW with GL, what is your experience about this API? Is it well documented, easy to learn etc, any info is greatly appreciated,...
[6 replies] Last: Somebody on the Stackowerflow mentioned a GLFW as a good one (can't fi... (by codekiddy)
Why was Fortran created? (1,2)

I read it was created to do high end math stuff with ease but given the right libraries can't C++ do that stuff with just as much ease?
[30 replies] Last: My favourite esoteric language is Befunge. Time is the change of matte... (by Lachlan Easton)
Web Application Programming using C++ (1,2)

As the topic says, I wanted to know if we could program a web application in C++. I mean, you can do stuffs in php. Google Appengine allows Python and Java. Can...
[37 replies] Last: OMG! Oracle lawsuit is *not* about Java-the-language. Java specifica... (by rapidcoder)
Download speed

Seriously, I remember having 56k Modem roughly 10-12 years back, downloading with 5-10 kbyte/s. Now rates of 2-4 MByte/s have become normal for me. The IT indus...
[13 replies] Last: @Gaminic That's right I forgot about the speed of light. lol But eve... (by science man)
Objective-C tutorial

I've been programming in C++ for a while now, and realized that on a MAC, I need some Objective-C knowledge to start programming actual applications instead of ...
[4 replies] Last: A Book suggestion: OBJECTIVE-C PROGRAMMING: THE BIG NERD RANCH GUIDE... (by closed account 1vRz3TCk)
by Disch
Legit, Balls to the wall

"Legit" means legit (as in legitimate). "Balls to the wall" means going all out. As in putting all your effort into something -- make or break -- all eggs in ...
[10 replies] Last: That had crossed my mind. Also occurred to me that he could just be a... (by BHX)
Homework&Project? Seeking others people should STOP!

I am up for users that seek for advice for assignment,project or error output. Users that come here to seek other people to do their assignment should be banned...
[14 replies] Last: I dislike the "Please do my homework" threads as much as the next guy,... (by naraku9333)
Gui System UML Feedback

Hello everybody, As part of the game engine I'm writing I need a GUI system. This is quite a large chunk so I decided to make a UML diagram first. Currently, m...
[2 replies] Last: About events, I'm building my engine on top of SFML so they already ge... (by xander333)
Preventing opening posts from being deleted?

Should opening posts be blocked from deletion? While I think it's OK to edit/delete replies, I'm wondering whether openong posts should be neither delete-abl...
[10 replies] Last: I think there is a time limit to being able to delete the thread/posts... (by BHX)
Discrete Math - Binary Tree

Ok so I'm having a hard time understanding how to construct a binary tree given some characteristics. For example, I have a problem here: Construct an expres...
[1 reply] : The first two: * + B D - A C C B E... (by hanst99)
May 2012 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.