UNIX/Linux Programming - May 2017

Configuring and Installing in Linux (1,2)

I am working with a smart-card reader. I am in the middle of debugging a short application when I realized that I probably have to have pcscd running and vario...
[37 replies] Last: It turns out, that I don't need to rush on the smart-card interfaces/A... (by CPPAWhile)
Implementing Functions

Given "TestResult testResultFactory(std::string name, double mark)" How to return a TestResult with its members initialized to the value of the parameters?
[1 reply] : It depends how TestResult is defined. (by Thomas1965)
An odd segmentation fault!!

You can find the files here https://github.com/KAY-YAK/c- The error is in occurring when the function remove() is called from within pop_back() in Menu.cpp fro...
[1 reply] : since this is a "unix/linux programming", compile this with gcc -g, ru... (by Cubbi)
Code Doesn't Work Properly

My code doesn't show results after pressing 1 or 2. It just become blank. Why is this? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> using na...
[17 replies] Last: The container's size_type depends on the allocator. See, e.g., this... (by mbozzi)
Linking GLFW to Eclipse CDT

Hi, I am new to Linux and I am having a hard time to figure out how to link the GLFW library to my Eclipse CDT project. I installed the library on my system and...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, I found a solution to my problem. GLFW being a a library for OpenG... (by JaSONSmall)
How do I specifically detect an x amount of decimals in a string

I'm trying to specifically detect an "x" which is "5", amount of digits in a string, and then convert and assign that value into another string. And I'm not...
[3 replies] Last: Can "unsigned short" types be compared to integers? Yes, unsigned ... (by TheIdeasMan)
How to build 7zip for a generic Linux distro

I have a project to build, and someone 7zipped the files. My Linux does not have 7zip on it. It can uncompress just about anything, but it will not properly u...
[4 replies] Last: I too recommend using the package manager to install these kinds of pr... (by newbieg)
I need some guidance installing ubuntu (1,2)

ubuntu-16.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso I paid my 15.00 donation and downloaded the above file. It says amd64. I am going to burn a CD on my current Optiplex 755, t...
[33 replies] Last: From your post, it's doable to dual-boot Fatdog and Ubuntu - in fact, ... (by CPPAWhile)
URGENT HELP (c++) (FIRST-YEAR PROGRAMMING)

Hi, I am a first year in Programming please don't speak deep language. Make me understand please. Okay, please code and paste my code and fix it then paste i...
[1 reply] : Please don't Double Post! http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/2150... (by newbieg)
OnButton1Click(event); error: no matching function for call to.. Using Timer Event.

I thought I would update this post I have a OnButton1Click(event); in use for a wxGrid records display refresh, and it works perfectly when used under multip...
[10 replies] Last: I created a new method/function named: void wxSQLi_417Frame::DisUp... (by Steve02)
ACS ACR reader program NFS

I have to compile a short program - the same as posted by another guy on this forum but they don't allow any more posts in that thread. Here goes the program: ...
[5 replies] Last: I decided to append /usr/local/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to get it to ... (by CPPAWhile)
by bmb94
Start Foreground and Background Jobs

Hello, I am trying to write a program using C++ that can start the stopped jobs in the foreground and background (as if & were used) in Linux/Unix but I am ...
[1 reply] : That sounded interesting, but with about 45 minutes of searching aroun... (by newbieg)
wstring could not print ISO8859-2 characters on Linux

I could not get ISO8859-2 characters written in file or printed out through wcout. I am using following command line on Ubuntu: g++ -g -std=c++11 -finput-cha...
[6 replies] Last: Cubbi, I would like to thank you on your excellent response. It was... (by Pereubu)
  Archived months: [apr2017] [jun2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.