UNIX/Linux Programming - November 2011 (Page 2)

by irshan
Help needed in accessing a vector member using iterator

Dear all I need some help in accessing a vector member by using iterator, the vector xb and d are of same dimension. I am trying following code but it is not wo...
[1 reply] : I found the mistake :) it reuires following lies int ax; ax=(result... (by irshan)
Segmentation Fault

Hello, I am trying to make a program that adds two matrix's that are created in the main program using pthread commands. For some reason this program compiles ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for responding kbw. Just a few questions and to clear some ... (by seasonalskier)
by irshan
problem in passing vector as function argument

Hi all I need some help in passing a vector into the function arguments. I am pasting the code and the error message that i am getting form the g++ compil...
[2 replies] Last: I tried function as you say by passing it as reference instead of poin... (by irshan)
Bubble sort omits last index

Here's the code: #include<stdio.h> int BubbleSort() { int List = {96, 59, 74, 32, 27, 64, 23}; int NoMoreSwaps; int Temp, i; printf("Th...
[2 replies] Last: oh i see, thank you very much for the explanation. And thanks for the ... (by Jan Pasierb)
compile error under gcc 4.2

#include <map> using namespace std; template<class A,class B> class mymap: public map<A,B> { size_type fun(){} }; int main() { return 1; } comp...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/templates.html#faq-35.18 Compili... (by ne555)
Passing a file as a function reference argument

Hello. I have a problem with a little file program: #include<iostream> #include<fstream> #include<string> int ModifyFile(std::ifstream &OutputFile, std...
[7 replies] Last: Ok i see now the mistake I made. Thanks for the help guys!!! (by Jan Pasierb)
by cw9000
class defintions and implementations in a Qt program

I am trying to figure out how the syntax of a simple Qt example program works. I don't even know how to explain my question to search for it so if my word usag...
[1 reply] : I got my answer at Qt Forums: http://www.qtforum.org/article/36901/hel... (by cw9000)
software testing n linux

description of the program: 1. first i have to input a folder A by giving full filepath. this folder contains a benchmark program tcas.c, a text file universe...
[no replies]
do'nt get priority and policy of thread using POSIX thread lib...

hi guys, this is my code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <pthread.h> #include <sched.h> #include <stdlib.h> #define THREAD_ID pthread...
[no replies]
can't get all of excute file 's content

First,sorry about my bad english. I try to get content of excute file on linux.But there is a error. instead of displaying all of content.It only display a part...
[2 replies] Last: The problem is definitely that you're not opening the file in binary (... (by helios)
by viktor
static compile with g++

Hi, i am trying to compile static an application with g++, a c++ source code edited with QT, but i am not sure how it's work, i don't find an answer .... ple...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks .... it's will help :) (by viktor)
by hwuy
qt

a while ago someone told me to use the cross platform qt library if i wanted to create a application window in linix. i went to the web site and downloaded the ...
[4 replies] Last: Hi , I am having same problem as hwuy ..i am using RED HAT 5.0 .. any... (by bluecoder)
by S G H
Quick App Maker Studio L - Free IDE for develop Cross-Platforms Gui databases applications.

Oh, it's an ad. "appexpert (1)" "app-expert.com" EDIT: Post over mine has been deleted.
[no replies]
linking mysql databse with C++ programming

when i execute this program in konsole #include <stdio.h> #include "/usr/include/mysql/mysql.h" int main() { MYSQL *mysql; MYSQL_RES *RESULT; ...
[1 reply] : You need to link to the mysql client library http://dev.mysql.com/doc... (by kev82)
program prompts and reads in the number of sample points, the circle radius and the output file name.

1. Prompt and read in the number of sample points. Read and store this number as an integer. 2. Prompt and read in the circle radius. Read and store this numbe...
[1 reply] : You probably need to loop for "n" sample points and perform your calcu... (by kooth)
how to implement pipe function means inter process communication without using pipe() or popen()

My aim is to implement pipe(means inter process communication) without using pipe() or popen()???????????? means communicate two separate any c programme witho...
[1 reply] : You should look at semaphores to coordinate access to the same shared ... (by kooth)
DevHelp and Documentation

I have installed documentation for a lot of development packages. Also I built the SFML documentation and it installed to something like /usr/local/share/SFML/d...
[no replies]
by hwuy
lines

I know there is preset macro to return the line number you are on in the file being compiled however im having my program read this text file and i dont know ho...
[3 replies] Last: You can jump to a specific byte offset using seekg(). However, unless ... (by Athar)
f1-f10

how do i get f1-f10 to work on c++
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/unices/670/ or just google the ASCII ... (by Tertius Kgatla)
Using SSE to improve performance

I have this function that I need to speed up, and I think that I can use SSE to do this. Unfortunately (for me), I have no experience with SSE whatsoever, other...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it! (by joatmon)
November 2011 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [oct2011] [dec2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.