UNIX/Linux Programming - November 2011

creating a stream object with stdin

Hello all. I am stuck on a project I am working on, and need some help. I'm still kind of a beginner with C++, but it seemed like this topic wouldn't be good ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys, you were a huge help! (by bballamis)
by mIXpRo
what is : int x and int 0x80

how does the compiler/assembler differenciate between those two commands , is because one starts with a number ??
[7 replies] Last: xander337 thnx this is the answer (by mIXpRo)
unlikely()

Hello , I want to convert linux code to windows code . But How can I convert unlikely() function in windows . I found __assume() but I dont know its true...
[4 replies] Last: Thank for your answer... I removed.. (by ilyazyilmaz)
cpp output: "<built-in>", "<command-line>"

Hi When I look at the cpp output, I see $ cat cpp_mymain # 1 "mymain.cc" # 1 "<built-in>" # 1 "<command-line>" # 1 "mymain.cc" int main(){ return 0;...
[10 replies] Last:   Quoth the CPP Manual : Long runs of blank lines are discarded.... (by Duthomhas)
Optimizing Code

void naive_rotate(int dim, pixel *src, pixel *dst) { int i, j; for (j = 0; j < dim; ++j) for (i = 0; i < dim; ++i) dst[RID...
[3 replies] Last: I'd check if compiler does proper loop unrolling in this code. Compile... (by rapidcoder)
Where to Start

Hi i was working basic c++ for a while. and now i want to learn Linux programing but i dont know where to start. what u suggest me to do? SORRY FOR BAD ENGL...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for your help and my english is not as good as yours i thought ... (by closed account 9wX36Up4)
by xephon
is there any way to trace a system signal to it's generator?

Hi all, I'm having some problem with my app on Debian Lenny system. I have 16 instances running and one or two of them may receive a SIGTERM signal somewhere...
[3 replies] Last: No, there isn't. signal() is actually a deprecated function in favor ... (by jsmith)
by Skills
Linux Programming

KING KONG ELECTRICITY AUTHORITY BILL CALCULATOR You are required to develop a script that will enable KING KONG ELECTRICITY AUTHORITY to calculate customer b...
[9 replies] Last: its supposed to be written in scrip........ This is a C++ forum. We... (by Moschops)
Problem In My Program (Text File Encryptor)

Hi, i am trying to make a c++ program to encrypt and decrypt text file using random variable function. Operating system that is used is Ubuntu, My code to encry...
[6 replies] Last: There is a few things to consider: If you read from the text file v... (by SIK)
Building C++ project with Visual studio C++ compiler

Hi Guys I have a C++ project with thousands of lines of code. Until now, i am using gnu make to build it under unix/linux but now i need to create C++ execut...
[3 replies] Last: I don't agree with Mordoran's comment about needing the whole of the G... (by andywestken)
by irshan
help needed in debug the error 'std::out_of_range' what(): vector::_M_range_check

Dear All While running my code, I am getting error "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range' what(): vector::_M_range_check" I a...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the such a brief and good explanation :), it solved my prob... (by irshan)
Windows to linux

Quick question: I have a DLL using some <Windows.h> functions that I'd like to make compatible with Linux. I know there are Linux equivalents for these functi...
[5 replies] Last: You're sending escape codes to a console. The console will need a way... (by kbw)
by Madan
Migration From HP Unix 11.11 to 11.31

i'm facing some problem to make my source code work in HP Unix 11.31 which works fine in HP Unix 11.11. Recently our unix server is upgraded to HP Unix 11.31, i...
[no replies]
Maybe the compilator?

Hy. I have a large error while compiling, and I don't know what to do. In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.4/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/c++allocator.h:34,...
[2 replies] Last: You are right. Thanks, solved! (by Kalozka)
[SOCKETS] Converting linux client to windows client

Hello everyone, I have this program: http://codeviewer.org/view/code:204c and I want it to work on windows, any suggestions?
[2 replies] Last: At first glance, aside from the headers (which kooth mentioned), the o... (by andywestken)
Your program should take postfix

program should take postfix Binary operators are allowed for this program: +, -, *, /, ^ [addition, expression as an input, process it with the help of stack a...
[no replies]
How can I make this compatable with Windows?

I want to simply make this code compatible with Windows from what I know the easiest way is for it to run in CMD. This was originally created only for Unix but ...
[3 replies] Last: I see the code get mentioned in "Malware Analysis Challenge #6" http:/... (by andywestken)
Weird problem with parallel port control

This problem would probably be best addressed by anyone with some experience with low-level hardware control, particularly under Linux. I've written a small so...
[1 reply] : On Linux/UNIX drivers are usually linked into the kernal so that the O... (by kooth)
Compile for Windows.

Hello, I am using Ubuntu 11.10 and Code::Blocks 10.05, and was wondering if/how I can compile my code to a .exe compatible for Windows from my Linux machine. An...
[4 replies] Last: I wasn't able to add a new preset Why, what's the problem? The com... (by Athar)
weird while loop condition

I have this as a code example: while (t--) { // code goes here } What the hell does that evaluate to??? eg. while (i<5) would evaluate to while variab...
[2 replies] Last: aaah thank you. Still I've been trying to figure it out the whole nigh... (by Jan Pasierb)
November 2011 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [oct2011] [dec2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.