reading *.rtf files

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already so if you're aware of a previous post, please direct me to it.

I'm after some guidance reading from rtf files line by line. For example, consider the following text in the rtf file:

002 TITLE FOR SECTION 1 COMMENTS
003 This is comment 1
004 This is comment 2
006 TITLE FOR SECTION 2 COMMENTS
007 This is comment 3
008 This is comment 4

The numbers to the left at there for locating particular types of comments. Similar to an ID number.

This rtf file is something that can be edited by users. I.e. a comment can be edited but it must remain on the same line number (e.g. 008).

My question:
If I had richTextBox 1, 2 and 3, and I wanted my program to read and insert a specific comment into these richtextboxes, how could I use the numbering system to do this? For example. Insert line 007 into richTextBox1 and line 003 into richTextBox2.

Note, the number MUST be obmitted from the text when displayed in the program...

Thanks in advance.
Last edited on
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/

Should contain everything you need.
From the description given, this doest actually sound like a .rtf file. It seems to be simply plain text with line numbers. ?
Hi,

Thanks for the suggested links MrProGramer121 and modoran... I will attempt to write some code in the coming days and hopefully offer some example codes for other forum users.

Chervil, the file is a rtf file. I didn't say that the file will have coloured text etc.

Cheers,
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.