Windows Programming - October 2011

Try to create a new window

So I' am just messing around with the window.h header and I' am trying to create a simple window. I thought I had the code down right, but there is no window ac...
[3 replies] Last: Start with this tutorial if you're really serious... http://www.winpr... (by Lamblion)
Problems passing data to 64 bit DLLs

Hi I am attempting to create a simple 64 bit win32 test application that loads a simple 64 bit MFC DLL. I created a test function within the DLL that takes i...
[2 replies] Last: This blog post, by Raymond Chen, and the following discussion might al... (by andywestken)
BlockInput() fails

I found a neat windows function called BlockInput(), it's supposed to block your mouse/keyboard controls globally. #include <windows.h> #include <winable.h> ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the response. It appears that access to the function was de... (by closed account DGvMDjzh)
Help with DirectX 9 Textures

so i have a IDirect3DTexture9 that is being displayed on the screen using shaders, I want to be able to display animations by loading in a texture that has each...
[3 replies] Last: //This example draws a textured quad on a black background //Our ver... (by shacktar)
Downloading a File

Hello! I have found a general guideline with Windows API to download a file, though it's not working for me. Here's my code... #include<windows.h> #inclu...
[9 replies] Last: It seems I have issues! Yes it works, all I needed to do was disable m... (by Pluto is a Planet)
C++: better than system("filename")?

So, i was doing a bit a browsing for info online about running files through the system("filename") command, and discovered that hackers/viruses can use it ag...
[5 replies] Last: *: Notice the '\\', this is NOT a typo. That slash character is calle... (by Moschops)
Transparent Bitmaps

My code only allows bitmaps to be used as sprites, so I need a way of getting them transparent. I know bitmaps dont support transparency so how do I go about th...
[1 reply] : Use TransparentBlt instead of BitBlt: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us... (by Disch)
Include C++ & VB In Same VC++ App???

Is it possible to include VB in a C++ project/solution in Visual Studio? I know I can include Assembly, as I've done very short stuff with inline Assembly, b...
[10 replies] Last: I'm using Access 2010, and of course, everybody knows that Access 2010... (by Lamblion)
Detect if key was pressed?

Hey, I've trying to detect if a key was pressed. Currently my code detects if a key is down but in the case of the game I'm making where the player can shoot a ...
[4 replies] Last: Ahh of course, worked like a charm :) Thanks. And yeah I already had t... (by Calender Man)
Help with errors on my code

main.cpp: #include "aRandomNumber.h" #include "histogram.h" int main() { aRandomNumber die1 = new aRandomNumber(); histogram histogram1 = new histogra...
[1 reply] : The first thing you need to do is edit your above post so it's (a) rea... (by andywestken)
Small icon not working.

Hi, I've made a icon with multiple resolutions which include the following: 16x16 - 32x32 - 48x48 - 64x64 - 128x128 - 256x256. I add the icon to the WNDCLASS...
[4 replies] Last: Got it to work. For some weird reason, I had a line of code somewhere ... (by Shatronics)
by Fado84
CFiledialog save problem with win7

Hi everybody! I have a problem with CFiledialog Save button in Win7. I use MFC and VC++ 2010. I'm developing the application under win xp and there are no pro...
[10 replies] Last: no no the code is the same.. after pressing the "Save" button several ... (by Fado84)
by ToniAz
Win7 style interface with WinAPI

Hello Everyone! I was looking at some code in Charles Petzold's Programming Windows when I realized that the buttons, text boxes, etc. do not look like the d...
[3 replies] Last: Is C++ code, I call it as follows: INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX iccx; ... (by andywestken)
by Cminor
Visual C++ 6 in 21 days

I'm working through this book and am stuck on chapter 12, Listing 12.7. I am supposed to create a pointer CToolbarDoc* pDoc but there is no such thing as a c...
[5 replies] Last: ixuta, I downloaded a soft copy of the book and searched it finding t... (by Cminor)
Advanced winsock questions.

Okay so i setup a non blocking winsock socket with WSAsyncselect and it works and i can receive data from client without errors on either side. I setup error c...
[1 reply] : Also...I need to implement multiple sockets on each client server that... (by new hope)
How do I get the main window's background HBRUSH to work

I have this global variable called hBrushBackground. In my WinMain: I have put hBrushBackground = CreateSolidBrush(0) and set the wndclass.hbrbackground = hBru...
[1 reply] : It looks like you should probably be doing your own background handlin... (by andywestken)
Linking error with CreateWindow()

// CheckersGame.cpp : Defines the entry point for the application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include "CheckersGame.h" LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND, UI...
[4 replies] Last: And it looks like you forgot to register the window class. (by gpotw)
by ToniAz
Webpage source code

Hello Everyone! I've managed to download a "file" from the internet with the help of wininet library, but I can't seem to save a "webpage" i.e. something I c...
[4 replies] Last: I am not sure which functions do you use, but if you use the InternetR... (by petko)
by ggg123
Data binding between a control and a class in Winforms

All i want is that when i insert something in a text box a variable inside a class should be updated. I can not figure out on how to insert the appropriate c...
[no replies]
Visual Studio Property Pages Environment Variables

If you right click on a project in solution explorer and go to General -> Debugging there is an Environment section where you should be able to set environment ...
[3 replies] Last: Actually what I found that was very helpful to me was going to Propert... (by ceruleus)
October 2011 Pages: 123... 8
  Archived months: [sep2011] [nov2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.