Beginners - April 2012

Adding an exception to this program

I need function Storesale and Findsale to check the index validity. If the index is invalid, StoreSa...
[1 reply] : Certainly, you could check if the index is valid, and if not, throw so... (by Cubbi)
Converting Decimal to Binary...how to reverse?

Hi, so I have been trying for hours to figure out what to do to make this program work, but I am jus...
[7 replies] Last: Hey, thanks to everyone who helped out. I ended up cleaning it up pret... (by Cheddar)
Any suggestions for a good IRC while learning c++?

I was wandering if anyone had any good experiences with a particular IRC for getting help on project...
[no replies]
Converting Decimal to Binary Using a Class

Hi. So my homework assignment for my C++ class this week is to create a class that converts from dec...
[no replies]
by apec
2D Array Problem Full Code, Compiles, But Doesn't Work :(

Hello All - First post here Help would be MUCH appreciated! I have a problem for my Computatio...
[2 replies] Last: There seem to be braces missing in maxx(). Are they there in your ori... (by vin)
by rdupon
help with strings

i have to write a lab but i am completly stuck. i tried looking over the teachers notes and asking h...
[1 reply] : put your code in the /code tags please (by Need4Sleep)
by Macki
selection sort on dynamic alloc array func needs primary express..

I wrote the same set of programs.. trying to see if they work on different obsolete compilers.. th...
[2 replies] Last: thanks hmmm.. I must need sleep.. but more eyes better than mine t... (by Macki)
help with strings again

I swear I already saw you post this several times, told you pointers for posting, AND helped you wit...
[1 reply] : No... Im new to this site and just got the asignmet like 2 days ago. M... (by rdupon)
copy contents of one map to another

I created two maps one initialized to be map<string,int>msi and the other to be map<int,string>mis, ...
[1 reply] : > I created two maps one initialized to be map<string,int>msi and the ... (by JLBorges)
by ZionZJ
Need help! Count how many times # entered

I am trying to make a program for counter how many times i enter a number separated by a comma. Ente...
[8 replies] Last: i had this #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> int main(int argc... (by ZionZJ)
by NXttm
Help Needed

Hello all, I have just started learning C++ and need some help as i'v no idea how to do these thi...
[no replies]
Input file line help

there is a file called "customer.dat" the contents of the file are as follows 230#Louis Chris...
[1 reply] : These are the instructions for the entire program, if i can get how to... (by Hasnain Attarwala)
Need Help With C++ Program. Cannot figure out how to convert array to pointer notation

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; //Function prototypes void In...
[1 reply] : You should learn some forum etiquette. I didn't really see an explanat... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Compiler marks "array" like it does "double"

Why does the compiler mark the word "array" like it would "double", "int", and "string"? Is there so...
[2 replies] Last: To my knowledge, "array" is not a reserved word, nor is it a type like... (by Kazekan)
by Oswld
Problem when including header file

Hello, I am currently working with graphics. I'm compiling using unix and xming for the output. I...
[no replies]
Using function pointers

Hey guys, I'm currently writing code for a Binary Tree and was given the functions for inorder and ...
[2 replies] Last: I tried what you said, but I am essentially getting the same error. I... (by cdseasholtz)
Help with an EOF loop

So this program takes a string. asks for a charaacter to look for. And then if that character is in ...
[3 replies] Last: Gotcha. :) Just remember to "tell" your user how to end the program! ... (by Kazekan)
Help writing a program...

I need to write this program for class... will someone help me write it or as lease give me a guidel...
[12 replies] Last: for some reason i cant use void main() The reason is that void main... (by Moschops)
Returning an array of characters

Hi everyone! I have a private data member that is an array of characters that stores a bunch of n...
[2 replies] Last: This does not return the array (i.e. a copy of the array), but a point... (by Athar)
by ReiRei
Alternating sum

Okay so here is what I am trying to solve . Write a function that computes the alternating sum of ...
[1 reply] : Wow just solved my own problem.....while (true) should have been while... (by ReiRei)
April 2012 Pages: 123... 66
  Archived months: [mar2012] [may2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.