Beginners - April 2019 (Page 22)

by Bopaki
Program bombs out after I ever the value for x

The header file & Implementation is exactly as it is the textBook The exercise is only to write the main program to test copy constructor. class pointe...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you all good people. The introduction of the little 3 character ... (by Bopaki)
Can't seem to understand why my Insert function isn't working correctly.

Hello, I've been trying to recreate a Morse Code Binary Search tree like in this image, https://imgur.com/a/ByxW6hh. But I can't seem to understand why my Inse...
[1 reply] : No C++ necessary, Pipelines is all you need: pipe diskr morse.txt!sor... (by MikeStgt)
Function about Vowel Removal Error

So I was writing a function to remove all the vowels in a string, and I kept getting this error: pa07.cpp:138:39: error: non-const lvalue reference to type '...
[2 replies] Last: You are not the first one, see here: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/be... (by MikeStgt)
by Halken
Convert from Arabic to Roman Numerals

I am trying to convert Arabic to Roman Numerals (with the intention to later do the opposite using the same code), however, the test cases are not outputting th...
[1 reply] : Look here: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/250894/#msg1104938 I... (by MikeStgt)
Constant Objects

I have a couple fraction objects that are declared as constant and they go through a multiplied function and get multiplied correctly. Then the answer goes thro...
[4 replies] Last: That makes sense. That was actually how I was trying to do that in the... (by stoneJax)
Sending terminal output to text file

I have to do an assignment where I make a diamond in C++ with asterisks and output the result to the terminal and a .txt file. The diamond shows up fine when I ...
[1 reply] : You need to execute both cout << ... and output << ... within ... (by JLBorges)
Improving my overload constructor's number of arguments

I want to create a game that runs in the command prompt. Not sure if it'll be only text based or will have basic ASCII art yet. But anyways, I'm setting up the ...
[3 replies] Last: > What's this part of the code do..? It initialises the two members ... (by JLBorges)
Move the indicated code into functions

Im not sure what Im doing wrong. How would I fix my code? Original code // Move the indicated code into functions. #include <iostream> using namespace std...
[2 replies] Last: @AbstractionAnon thanks (by dbarclay100)
Creating a code using classes to keep track of a company's day to day business

I am trying to modify the code to keep track of day to day operations of a made up medium sized company. I want the name to be Minion World. class Task ...
[4 replies] Last: Another tutorial on classes and object-oriented programming: https://w... (by George P)
Help with a function

So I need to write a function that is described like this: std::string capitalize(const std::string& str); /// Returns a copy of the string centered in a ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks both of you, I was having such a hard time, but I'm good now. (by closed account 9hX8C542)
sum of k adjacent elements in array

Hi to all. This is my first topic. My problem is this: when I run the code posted, the value of MAX at the end of "for" cicle is right, but when I write it ...
[6 replies] Last: I think you need to swap your current lines 18 and 20. What you do wit... (by lastchance)
by sturk
C++ Polymorphism

Could anyone tell me why is the output for the code below "Derived::foo()" and not "Base::foo()"? Revising for an exam. Thanks class Base { public: vi...
[1 reply] : Here is a runnable version of your code. (Please don't use void main()... (by lastchance)
How do I instantiate a templated doubly linked list with strings?

I'm trying to create a doubly linked list filled with strings. It works with chars and ints but when I create a DLL of type std::string, it compiles with a blac...
[4 replies] Last: Alright. I removed all NULL comparisons and made them 0. I am runnin... (by aimh4wk)
by wuwy
How to stop program sequence if it reaches its target

Hello. I need help with this exercise, been trying to figure it out for the last 2 hours and this last bit specifically is what I keep failing at. Gist of th...
[1 reply] : one way you can stop by adding more conditions to your for loops. eg ... (by jonnin)
Setting one key to 15 different numbers

Hi, I have to create a program with a Bingo board that can cross out numbers as you read them in from a text file. The only difference between my project and t...
[4 replies] Last: This should work with C++11: It does. (by MikeStgt)
Primary Expression Error (Help?)

I keep getting an "expected primary-expression before '.' token" on lines 6 and 12. Does anyone know what's wrong? Thanks. I am using SFML and a sprite to make ...
[1 reply] : You wrote Event but meant event on both lines 6 and 12.... (by mbozzi)
Unhandled exception

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> using namespace std; struct cmt { string no, hour, min, gender, age, job, subject, conten...
[8 replies] Last: I've tried to converted the numbers into integers, but all I get was: ... (by thinhphucvang)
Help with methods and pointers GROSSPAY

I am having trouble getting my calcGross Method. I can't get it to multiply a int* by a double* to go into a double. I am also getting an error on line 9 at the...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you for the help it's running now! (by Flynn Rhodes)
Queues implementation

1. Create a PriorityQueue class and implement a new enqueue ) method to implement a priority queuing discipline. For efficiency, priority queues are often imple...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <cctype> #include <limits> int main() {... (by George P)
by Jclow
While within while just hanging?

Hi Guys, I'm trying to extract data from an XML file. I have multiple groups of data, with each group being between a PrimaryMarkerStart, and PrimaryMarkerE...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you Peter, I'm kicking myself for not spotting that, it works p... (by Jclow)
April 2019 Pages: 1... 2021222324
  Archived months: [mar2019] [may2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.