Beginners - August 2016 (Page 5)

Generic function that works with any class member?

I have several functions that return class objects from a list named tally depending on whether the object's member matches a criteria. For example, getElemById...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by carlwryker)
by Rousk
Help with rounding ints in an array

Stuck on an issue for an assignment. Problem I'm having is with calculating the average of the data within two arrays, and filling a new array with the results....
[3 replies] Last: Keskiverto & edge6768, Already tried those methods, but thanks for th... (by Rousk)
Classes within classes

Hey everyone! I have a question as to how we delete the storage after calling the display() function #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include...
[5 replies] Last: Yup! No worries Shadder! Thanks for your help, but I literally just go... (by LiBRiUMz)
by rgibbs
pancake program problems

hi ,, i ve been doing c++ for a lil while and working on a practice program ,, i looked up and read information and tutorials on input validation, i dont know...
[11 replies] Last: yea im was just testing it to make sure it worked right ,, ,, but i wa... (by rgibbs)
by konval
help with omp

Hi there, I am new in OMP programming. I am trying to parallelize the code, but it works very slowly. I am using intel icpc compiler. I would appreciate ver...
[5 replies] Last: I realize now that you are only parallelizing one big for loop, so I w... (by kevinkjt2000)
by Ennoia
Quick question about nature of cin

Hi there, I'm writing simple program for my classes, that puts integers into vector, terminates this process with any non-number character, then prompts user fo...
[5 replies] Last: cin >> b; for (int i = 0; i <= b; ++i) { sum += numbers ; } Your... (by JayhawkZombie)
Traverse rows issue

Hello, I have the following 2 functions that I use to move the numbers from an array for a 2048 game. void goUp() { for (int j = 0; j < 4; j++) //tr...
[4 replies] Last: I just wnated to point out one thing, the range of i is 0-3, if you ar... (by llll)
What should be used to determine which index of an array is greater than the rest?

In this exercise, the goal is to allow the user to input the number of pancakes eaten by 10 different people, and analyze which person ate the most. My code ...
[17 replies] Last: Hehe it finally works!!! No it doesn't. Consider this output: Inp... (by cire)
Creating a class that contains a string object to hold the text of a file

So I have this question, and was wondering how to get the program to read the contents of the file as i'm getting a blank screen. What am I missing here? Que...
[19 replies] Last: Right. I forgot to remove the other text! Thanks Anon! (by LiBRiUMz)
by RobCh
Decreasing GL graphics quality to increase performance

I am running some openglgl code on a raspi 3. I am getting 6 fps in some of my tests, and need to optimise for performance. I have a height map with 98 polygons...
[1 reply] : OK, I have worked out that my timer section is faulty, I got some "rec... (by RobCh)
Strings and Constructors.

Hey people, I started learning c++ and i have a few Questions: 1* Can anyone tell me what a constructor is in a simple way and easy to memorize. 2*And how...
[9 replies] Last: Handy Andy Thanks alot ^^ (by Multi6556)
Digital clock in C++

@TheSmallGuy, http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/196272/ Admittedly that clock program has to use Windows console functions to set the output position so...
[14 replies] Last: Did you look at the code I posted earlier? From what I can gather, it'... (by TwilightSpectre)
Memory game

I was trying to create a memory type of game here with 8 by 8 totaling 64. What I'm trying to do here is to have 2 sets of pairs in the board from 1 - 32. I use...
[3 replies] Last: Hmm I never thought about using vectors for that. I'm still not that u... (by clerkolleseum)
How to use the Getline function

This is a problem that I am required to do for a c class and was just wondering if you guys could help! I am not really sure what is going wrong but was hoping ...
[9 replies] Last: Huh... I hadn't considered that gentleguy might have actually deleted ... (by MikeyBoy)
Retrieving user input and putting them in arrays

Hi, I'm having trouble retrieving a user inputted 4 letter word and storing each of those letters in an array index for each. So far, I have this but it's not ...
[2 replies] Last: @OP string codemessage ; is an array of 4 different strings. This c... (by Handy Andy)
Clock

I need my clock to end with 12:00:00 not 12:60:60 i dont know how #include<iostream> #include<windows.h> using namespace std; void gotoxy( int colu...
[10 replies] Last: Thankyou so much everyone :) (by Cruicial)
How to copy a string from cmd line?

Hi, I'm totally new to coding. I need an advice from veteran because I doing this for my part of my task. Is there a way to read a string generated by Comman...
[5 replies] Last: I know your wanting to code this in C but if you have the option, powe... (by SamuelAdams)
how to end my while loop

// i already done my program but it should say congratulations at the end after users answer correctly all the questions. string A,animal,correct,heading,...
[2 replies] Last: it should say congratulations at the end after users answer correctly... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
If statement

What does this mean, it defines a new boolean and gives it false value, but what does if(z) mean, when is it gonna be true and enter the if statement? Thank ...
[6 replies] Last: Seems this is a question of style. Both are correct. The advantage ga... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by cmisip
Template without changing function signature

Is there a way to change this to a templated function. From what I read so far, templated functions vary based on the type. I need to come up with a single te...
[5 replies] Last: I dont really know the data I will need to pass around at this point. ... (by cmisip)
August 2016 Pages: 1... 34567... 22
  Archived months: [jul2016] [sep2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.