Beginners - August 2020 (Page 4)

streaming with 'unget' problem

Having trouble with a fill-in the ... practice problem from my online book. So the problem states: Suppose we wish to read student data in the form Jane L...
[4 replies] Last: there are a mix of ancient exercises from before the language had some... (by jonnin)
Multiple users registration problem

Hi guys please can anyone help me i created this program it is a simple login and registration program in c++ it is working fine but it has a small problem that...
[13 replies] Last: With the password check fixed, the code works. I'm not sure what you ... (by kbw)
by Mif
Need help with menu control 'C'

How to avoid terminating the program if someone type 0 (zero)? #include <stdio.h> #include <windows.h> unsigned temp, status, options; void add_sub...
[2 replies] Last: > while((temp = getchar()) != EOF && temp != '\n') Given that EOF is g... (by salem c)
basic math operations with one dimensional arrays

hey pals, need your help in here, how to add, subtract, multiply and divide 2 arrays(one dimensional) with different number of elements. Example: ...
[7 replies] Last: @ lastchance , thank you so much for explanation and patience! (by MaxGreen)
If statement fix?

Any idea how to fix this If statement? So I want the program to go into the if section if there is a switchTrack->getlink5 is true and track5->getFound is Fals...
[1 reply] : Change the last || to && (by lastchance)
Unhandled exception in 0x00673CF9 in es7_24.exe: The cookie stack instrumentation code detected a stack-based buffer overrun

Hi, I'm creating a code to simulate if the horse(chess) can make a tour of the board 8*8, the program is ready but at the end of it after it give me the respons...
[6 replies] Last: @OP Your move function needs to check that the new move position is a... (by againtry)
Templates and concepts

I am reading through a C++ book and one of the exercises that builds on top of the previous ones says the following: " Modify mode to accept an Integer concept....
[7 replies] Last: Thanks, unfortunately I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone else here will r... (by Ganado)
Why does non-pointer variable use base class method but pointer variable use derived class' method?

I'm trying to understand how polymorphism works. In particular, what "static linking" and "dynamic binding" means (terms used in ). Is there a good article or ...
[2 replies] Last: Ah. Mystery solved. Thanks! Foo f2; f2 is a Foo object. Exactly a Fo... (by ElusiveTau)
How to detect memory leaks poperly ?

I am trying to understand if my program is causing memory leaks. I do not know what to do. Any idea ? main.cpp #define _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC #include <stdlib.h> ...
[12 replies] Last: ok. you can try to fix that if you wrote the leak detector yourself, ... (by jonnin)
Ignoring time stamps

I am trying to write a code which ignores the timestamps of one file to compare the contents with the other similar file in which timestamps change every time. ...
[18 replies] Last: Learn and love the command line utilities to pre-process your strings.... (by dhayden)
Ringtone management system on C ++

The ringtone problems I have seen a lot and that make me great to have a system that manages my own ringtones. Help me in every aspect of my life. Please help m...
[5 replies] Last: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmnRcldV0NM (by againtry)
Secret Word

A computer scientist has developed an encryption algorithm. This algorithm takes two inputs - one plain word and another, a key. Characteristics of inputs are a...
[3 replies] Last: https://www.chegg.com/homework-help/questions-and-answers/secret-word-... (by againtry)
Getting the logic right

String Pair Problem Description One person hands over the list of digits to Mr. String, But Mr. String understands only strings. Within strings also he unders...
[2 replies] Last: https://www.texspert.com/2020/08/string-pair-codevita-9-solution.html (by againtry)
implicit pointers?

Could someone please explain what an implicit pointer is, The book I am learning from (currently learning about returning references) says "When a function retu...
[4 replies] Last: It's misleading to think of a reference as an implicit pointer. Refere... (by dhayden)
by StMick
Map Insert Error

Hi there! Im trying to insert two objects (actually 1 object and a an object list) into a map and am getting an error "no matching function for call to std::map...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you all - the curly brackets were all that was needed to success... (by StMick)
by F95
Difficulty writing method for Dijkstra's algorithm

I'm trying to implement the code that will perform Dijkstra's algorithm, but I've hit a brick wall with the implementation. Provided the .h file template, I've ...
[3 replies] Last: Maybe: while (vertexQueue.size() > 0) { // Q not empty // Fi... (by dhayden)
What does 'constructed in-place' mean?

This is primarily with regards to containers' emplace() method. I get that insert() copies the argument (i.e., invoking the argument type's copy constructor) an...
[5 replies] Last: Ah cool. I'm still a little bit shakey on move semantics so I don't s... (by mbozzi)
Dynamic queue problem

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find the solution to this problem for more than 2 hours but can't think up anything, so here's the problem: There are X kids thinkin...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you ! (by closed account zAoTfSEw)
I cant get my invalid number detection to work, for my calculator

#include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <time.h> #include <math.h> #include <errno.h> using namespace std; const double MAXRANGE = pow(2.0, 16.0); /...
[13 replies] Last: Hello WoodyW00, Debugging the program is much like writing the progra... (by Handy Andy)
Why "IF statement " doesn't catch the "=="?

I'm trying to write a program that does the following : 1- input "x" and "y" 2- "i" goes up by i=+0.004 3- When "y == i" , I want the program to execute "w"...
[3 replies] Last: I Didnt know that 0.1 + 0.2 != 0.3 ... I solved the problem like th... (by kaismea)
August 2020 Pages: 123456... 8
  Archived months: [jul2020] [sep2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.