Beginners - December 2014 (Page 53)

Pointer and String

in line 10, this program will be output '3D Street N0.5'. How to make the output become 'Sesame Street No.5'? please help #include<stdio.h> int main() { ...
[1 reply] : Line 8 changes what character address (should be Address ?) points ... (by wildblue)
Calling class

After the first call i ask if they would like to do another transaction but it just exits. The first call works.line 83 is where my if statement is. Any idea wh...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. Didnt notice. (by Rashad2)
Game loop assistance

Hi, I'm currently making a text based rpg game. I need some help on how to make game loop after I defeat my enemy or the enemy defeats me. I need it to say "You...
[2 replies] Last: The main function shouldn't be called - it's a special function as it'... (by wildblue)
Help with function errors code

Hello, I am having trouble figuring out how to change the errors in this function to make the program run correctly. I copied the function and changed it to Kel...
[1 reply] : What errors are you getting? Edit:If you just change the function nam... (by Hp of Legend)
Reading from textfile problem.

Why is it that when i write/read from my text file, my second line is missing the first digit? Example im trying to saving to the file like this: firstName la...
[1 reply] : Nevermind this topic. The problem wasn't with saving or reading. (by skimmer001)
Is This Microsoft Surface Good Enough for Programming

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/microsoft-microsoft-surface-pro-10-6-64gb-windows-8-tablet-with-intel-core-i5-processor-english-refurbished-ms-9sr-00001/...
[2 replies] Last: You're better off asking at the Surface forums but a 10 second web sea... (by cnoeval)
C-strings and strings

Hi. I'm having trouble understanding how to pass strings and char arrays to functions. There are all sorts of conversion errors. #include <iostream> #include...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for all your explanations. I'll be sure to bookmark this for fu... (by hornet07)
Wallfollow code problem

Got it
[no replies]
by lax378
Need help with Card Deck problem!!!

I have a project that I really cannot figure out. It's to simulate a deck of cards and then have it do the following: 1. Add a method to the class CardDeck n...
[1 reply] : Bump (by lax378)
Stuck with program

I'm currently stuck with my code and I need assistance please. This is the background of what I am working on: Mission 5 Background: This mission is b...
[no replies]
Bool Function named isPrime

I'm having a few problems. The question is: A prime number is an integer greater than 1 that is evenly divisible by only 1 and itself. For example, the numb...
[2 replies] Last: The answer said it didn't have an else in the solution. (by SusieMartin1)
Getting my pointer to send variable not address

So with this program as far as I know everything is set up properly except when it's suppose to tell me the total amount of movies that had been watched and the...
[2 replies] Last: There we go, Thank you very much! (by Gingerbread)
char array

ı want to write a character array with capital letters.but there is a problem with the code.no error but no result.can u help me? thx #include <iostrea...
[2 replies] Last: thank u very much.I did it:)) (by ali7575)
by Jon15
Lots of questions about classes in general

Here is my program, I am pretty lost on what to do. My professor gave us the int main() part of the code and we are supposed to write the declaration and implem...
[3 replies] Last: It doesn't compile, something is wrong with the showData part of it. (by Jon15)
Stuck with my code for uni

Hello I am practising for uni using bloodshed and I keep getting an error on line 24 saying ' 25 C:\C++\test do while\test do while.cpp expected `;' before st...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks very much guys, really appreciate it Robin (by robbiedarza)
Undefined variable in a class

Hello, I'm doing the all-to-familiar bank program, and I having trouble with one of my variables. I'm trying the keep "balance" private, and just have i...
[5 replies] Last: Maybe you can give a brief idea about what you want your class to do ... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
Last position of a string

I am making a program where a user writes a string and I have to "dissect" that string. I am running into a problem when I have to find the end of that string. ...
[2 replies] Last: I actually got around it by adding an "&" to the end of the string ins... (by ltorres)
Int from char array

How to extract integer value from a character array in simple way . Example : My age is 20 Output : 20
[4 replies] Last: Is there any difference? Assume that the use inputs the same string in... (by shadowCODE)
Value does not return properly

I have put some debugging strings in the functions. I cannot figure out why the last value does not return properly. Points of interest is the comment box from...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks mutex . Your function worked. But getting back to mine, why ... (by shadowCODE)
Undefined reference to vector structure from function call std:: vector twoNumbers, std::allocator<twoNumbers>, const&.

Why do I keep getting this error at line 18? #include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace std; struct twoNumbers { int x; int y...
[2 replies] Last: the error was an undefined reference on line 18 but I guess I fixed it... (by deathslice)
December 2014 Pages: 1... 5152535455
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.