Beginners - December 2014 (Page 54)

I have trouble getting my values to line up correctly

Hello, I am having trouble getting my values to line up correctly with the appropriate columns. Some help would be appreciated... here is the code below: #i...
[5 replies] Last: read that link. examples are there. (by mutexe)
by xenixl
Operator for

Enter the numbers a and b. Find how many numbers in the interval (a; b] when divided by 7 gives the remainder of 4. The result is displayed on the screen. Also,...
[4 replies] Last: unsigned int number; for(unsigned int i=a+1;i>a&&i==b;i++) /// number... (by rjvc)
Why getting WA in Uva problem 10220 - I Love Big Numbers?

I was solving the problem 10220 - I Love Big Numbers! on Uva. ( http://uva.onlinejudge.org/index.php?option=com_onlinejudge&Itemid=8&page=show_problem&problem=1...
[1 reply] : > int a ; //array will have the capacity to store 200 digits. I gues... (by ne555)
Can someone tell me how to fix my code?

I am supposed to write a program that will read 25 positive numbers from the user and stores them in an array. The user can stop entering numbers by entering -1...
[6 replies] Last: Hmm. Post your current code. I was able to get it working and I think ... (by dhayden)
My Program Crash

My Program Crash After I insert string into function item.setUniq(owner);//STRING item.setPublish(publish);//STRING item.setTitle...
[1 reply] : string saleItem::setTitle(string title){this-> title = title;} float s... (by quisite)
Why wont my program work??

I am working on a project which consists of reading input from a file called input.txt which has an infinite number of lines. Each line has a roman numeral, a s...
[1 reply] : morning, which has an infinite number of lines That would take a ve... (by mutexe)
difference between functions and normal statements

could some one exlain me the difference between functions and normal declarations, cause the outcome comes same everytime i try it. // this is with functi...
[4 replies] Last: thank you all, for explaining it to me. (by DatDankMeme)
subscript out of range

HELLO everyone i m trying to design a program likes hangman the errors is string subscript out of range /* Program: Hangman game as project 4 Descri...
[2 replies] Last: Line 54 has the potential to access outside the bounds of words and,... (by cire)
unexplained nested for loops

I expected this code to return to prompt for a second name. It displays the prompt, but continues right to enter score for the next player: Player 0 enter yo...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/51433/#msg279524 (by ne555)
Roman Numeral conversion

No error but for some reason this wont execute the functions #include<iostream> using namespace std; char num2rom(); int rom2num(); int quit(); bool...
[5 replies] Last: NP. good luck (by xenovia12)
[Help] Linked List Graph Implentation

Hello! I've been assigned a project where we have to code a graph using linked list implementation. I think I understand the idea behind it, but I am having tr...
[3 replies] Last: I mean that you explain how the graph is represented. Each edge knows ... (by ne555)
C++ program using arrays and array functions

I am going to be straight forward here, this is a hw assignment but I do not want the whole assignment answered. I can figure out the rest pretty easily I'm jus...
[3 replies] Last: bump, would just like to know if my edit is correct. (by jav0918)
by canx
no match for operator>> in std:: cout

I keep getting a no match for operator>> in std:: cout... i dont understand why. i've searched and cant seem to understand what the responses to other posts sim...
[1 reply] : Line 16: Your cout operator is the wrong direction (>>). Should be <... (by AbstractionAnon)
Subscript out of range

Hello. I am designing a hangman game. However, upon entering a single input my program gives the error message: "Expression: string subscript out of range". ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you for your advice! I quickly made the changes, however, I came... (by Chipchip)
Exceptions

Questions about exceptions. Do programmers actually use this in the real world? When i get a job will i ever use it? It seems unnecessary.
[7 replies] Last: In your environment, could you still throw from a constructor so that... (by dhayden)
Function returning true/false instead of value

I'm trying to write a function that will generate a 1 or a 2, and the number using that function, in main. Instead of printing the number, it just prints "1" a...
[4 replies] Last: Ahh, all I needed were the parentheses at the end of the OneOrTwo when... (by DJFedora)
Character/Word Count From File

Hey. I tried to figure this out but I'm just not having making any progress. My class requires me to make a program that reads characters from a .txt file and s...
[no replies]
by wolfv
link error: undefined reference to reference

Please tell me were this error is coming from: obj/l_Key_Layered.o:l_Key_Layered.cpp:(.text+0xa): undefined reference to `l_Key_Layered::refLayerManager' obj...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks again ne555. I bookmarked http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/gener... (by wolfv)
Read integers and string from file

Hello. Thank you for reading this. Now to the center of the problem: I am trying to make a simple C++ program that file read in the name of a person from a...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you fabtasticwill. I will check it out. (by Gamergirl72)
Need help with a binary tree class

There are two problems I'n having with this code. First, the print_preorder_nodes function. It works, but since the class works with strings instead of integers...
[no replies]
December 2014 Pages: 1... 52535455
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.