Beginners - December 2016 (Page 2)

Im beginner

Hi, i learn c++ for over 3 months now, i know how to do things, how does them work, etc. but i still have that emotion i dont know them, whats the best free tut...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by VX0726
Validation Error

Hello all, I am having trouble with the following code. It should be validating whether or not the first letter of a name is alphabetic. However, when I enter a...
[8 replies] Last: Use std::sregex_token_iterator to tokenize the std::string using white... (by gunnerfunner)
How Object Oriented Programming cope in solving the Complex Program?

How Object Oriented Programming cope in solving the Complex Program , with reference to C++ ? Please give some point to prove the given statement, just a summar...
[1 reply] : Prove what statement? You made no statements. What is a "Complex Prog... (by keskiverto)
by dawe73
sqrt() problem

Hello, I'm reading programming principles and practice using c++ and I don't understand this exercise. #include "std_lib_facilities.h" int main() { ...
[6 replies] Last: When I type for example 7.3 int n; cin >> n; The input operation t... (by keskiverto)
program not working as expected

hey uhh...i made a simple program, not finished yet so..heres the code #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <string> #include <conio.h> using name...
[3 replies] Last: x and y in charmovement() only have scope within that function. So eve... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Sending .BMP Over Sockets

I am writing a program that transfers a .BMP file over sockets and am having an issue with the received file. It says that the transfer is complete and the resu...
[8 replies] Last: Well, rather than starting afresh, wouldn't it be easier to build on t... (by Chervil)
C++ programm challege

Write a program that calculates the average of a group of test scores, where the lowest score in the group is dropped. It should use the following functions: ...
[5 replies] Last: hey uhh...are you alive...please respond and if you have solved your p... (by Flaze07)
How to write a bowling score with infinitely loop

Hello, I am a beginners in c. I want to write a bowling score with infinitely loop. Sorry about my English! Here is requested: The game consists of n ( inst...
[1 reply] : You need a loop that will continue until the condition is equal to end... (by ajh32)
Not displaying greatest number?

Need some help with debugging why my code isn't correctly choosing the division with the highest sales figure? Thanks guys! //Finds the highest sales figu...
[4 replies] Last: Well done, MisterTams, I'm glad you were able to solve it. Depending ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by VX0726
Control may reach end of non-void function Error

Hello all, while designing my validation function which checks if the first letter of a string is alphabetical, I run into the following error: Control m...
[1 reply] : Ok, never mind. I fixed my problem by placing return false; aft... (by VX0726)
by atrom
read .txt file via fstream into struct with array member

Hello there. I just started learning C++, so I am a bloody beginner. Please bare with me! :) I've got a task for university, and I'm struggling to work with ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you SO much! That helped me a lot! (by atrom)
Palindrome Finder Not Working

I need help debugging my code. What I want my code to do is to find the length of the largest palindrome in a string. A palindrome is something that will read t...
[1 reply] : s[i+n] and s[i+n+1] will lead to an index out bounds error.... (by Thomas1965)
theres something I dont understand

// classes and default constructors #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Example3 { string data; public: Exa...
[2 replies] Last: See also, "Efficiency considerations and const references" in the tuto... (by Chervil)
floating division issue

Hey yall, thanks for reading. I got what is hopefully a very simple question for everyone. I just returned to c++ from a journey to nodejs and C# I have a...
[4 replies] Last: thanks again Cubbi for the info and advice. I honestly thought this wa... (by thisisfun)
C++ problem - did the code, but it doesn't work properly.

So - a natural number n. I need to do a program for determinating the number of (a,b) pairs (a,b <=n) which are primes between them. #include <iostream>...
[8 replies] Last: i thinl the problem is the fact that the while has no use since a is t... (by Flaze07)
by adaemo
Love learning C++, discouraged by all the negativity surrounding it?

Thank you for your answers!
[2 replies] Last: I'm probably older than most or all the folks who post here but I'll g... (by freddie1)
Tic-Tac-Toe not recognizing winner

Hey guys, I'm not quite done with my Tic-Tac-Toe code but I was debugging and testing to see if it would recognize a winner. But it doesn't seem to recognize wh...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/205365/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
How to determine a draw in Tic-Tac-Toe Program?

How can I make a draw happen? When all 9 turns are used but no one has won or lost? //Practice making a Tic-Tac-Toe game #include <iostream> #include <s...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/205358/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Please help me to get out of this problem !

Hello everyone, I am coding a simple Railway reservation system. I don't know what should I write to take input from user about "Name" and respective "Ages"...
[9 replies] Last: is this problem solved ? (by Flaze07)
by Enot02
Movement Problems!!!

I am making a program that is game based. What it should do is: We have two runners on a wall. In the corners of the wall there are prizes. The cost of ea...
[no replies]
December 2016 Pages: 1234... 28
  Archived months: [nov2016] [jan2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.