Beginners - January 2008

C++ help for a beginner

I am VERY new to C++ and was wondering if someone could help me write this program. I am trying to find the area and perimeter of a rectangle. The length is 1...
[3 replies] Last: hazda and chris thanks for all the help and explanations. I came up... (by mykel3227)
Search within lines/Count specific lines

An assignment I am currently doing for my class involves transcribing lines of a text file to another while numbering lines with executable code and not numberi...
[4 replies] Last: Don't forget the case where comments span multiple line with /* */ a... (by mjf55)
How do I pause the program?

I was wondering if it is possible to make a program pause for a second or two. If so, how would I do that? Edit: And I have 1 more question I just thought of...
[2 replies] Last: after you make a return statement, the fucntion is stopped, no matter ... (by a n chatterjee)
Compiling with Emacs

Well, i'm on Windows running Emacs 22.1. I've written a program, but i can't figure out how i'm supposed to compile it. When i try to compile, it says make -k...
[2 replies] Last: My professor wants me to use Emacs, and i haven't had a chance to burn... (by JeremiahGuy)
closed!

not question needed anymore
[4 replies] Last: skfsfs (by Kittyangel28)
Copy Constructor Help

I am having a real problem completely understand what a copy constructor is and how to write it. I understand the concept of having a function that can create d...
[1 reply] : I may have made a bit of progress but im unsure if its right. Check or... (by Midknight5)
Level of knowledge

Hi there, I would like to know how advanced will my knowledge of C++ be, when I would read through all the tutorials on this site. Are there all functions of...
[9 replies] Last: Actually, I started with C++ also because of PC games, also because I ... (by Oliwerko)
Text 2 Binary

I need to do something that is really simple in matlab, yet i can't do it in c++.... newbie. I am reading numbers (signed integers) from a txt ascii file and w...
[1 reply] : Open the file in a hex editor, and see if the numbers are in there at ... (by AzraelUK)
by inaked
HELPPPPP please

like i would like to make a hack fro a game i like to play n i was wondering how you would get coding n shit. well i am new to this n i would like to learn how ...
[2 replies] Last: Of course, one way of getting help on the forum would be to not type l... (by AzraelUK)
Need help on a program

I have a simple program that I can not get to work. This is what I have so far: class testClass { public: int sum(); //Postcondition: Returns the ...
[3 replies] Last: We just learned about the 'const' keyword today in class with objects,... (by maingeek)
by Lion
help preaty please

I need to write a program to calculate and print the result of the folowing two operations: 1/1+1/2+1/3+1/4+1/5+ ....=1/99999999+1/1000000000 and 1/1000000000...
[1 reply] : The two operations would be the same. But anyway, this question was... (by AzraelUK)
Usage of set_new_handler

Hi, I have a piece of code that looks something like this. *********************************************************** #include<new> #include<iostream...
[1 reply] : Well, you COULD just bash your * key before and after code... or you C... (by AzraelUK)
by Yoshi
about //cout

Hi I have one questions about //cout. What //cout is defference from cout? Please let me know. Thanks Yoshi
[5 replies] Last: Hotaru san and Muzhogg san, Thanks your comments. I talked last ni... (by Yoshi)
by Lion
I need help please

I need to write a program to calculate and print the result of the folowing two operations: 1/1+1/2+1/3+1/4+1/5+ ....=1/99999999+1/1000000000 and 1/1000000000...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Alex, it did not work but I delete .h and took of getch(); and ... (by Lion)
Program designed to calcuate #of days between date

Please help me with this program. It is supposed to determine the number of days between two dates inputted by the user while also taking into account leap year...
[1 reply] : If this is not a classroom or homework assignment, you'll find it much... (by Hotaru)
Why the number is truncated?

I am new to C++. I tried to input a YYddd HH MM as 08028 16 00 but the number truncated as 8028160. What did I do wrong? Here is the code: #include <iostr...
[2 replies] Last: The problem is that you're storing them in integers. Whilst this is th... (by AzraelUK)
searching backwards through a string

Is there a way to search backwards through a character array without using the STL? I've tried using strrchr() but I can't get it to search the 2nd instance bac...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks I'll try this out. (by frizshizzle)
Need help with first C++ Assignment.

Well the assignment goes like this. I need to get user input for 3 things.... Employee ID (integers) Number of hours worked (double) Rates per Hour (double) ...
[3 replies] Last: Well, I would create a separate character variable to store the Euro/D... (by maingeek)
3 questions from a beginner

Hi, I'm new to C language but I started to learn it recently and I'm writing a complex program that has to perform a time-simulation that does something like th...
[no replies]
by Arkon
Weird Loop

Hi, I am having problems with this code. It doesn't allow me to key in data for student 1. Jumps straight to Student 2 and Student 3. Output I am getting: ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks understood. (by Arkon)
January 2008 Pages: 123... 5
  Archived months: [feb2008]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.