Beginners - January 2008 (Page 2)

Hey, can some1 help me?

Hey, i wanna begin with C++ and i wanna learn how to use it, plz help me // ante
[1 reply] : Well, to start, the best thing to do is find a good compiler. If you d... (by ilikeboom89)
by Hotaru
using fstream with multiple files

The fstream examples I have seen always show working with only one file at a time. If I want to have 4 files open at the same time (2 for reading, 2 for writing...
[1 reply] : You can declare different fstream objects and use one for each file: ... (by martinlb)
by Yoshi
Hi

I am doing homework for basic c++. It seems to be not easy. Now I am tring to complie my code about test interger. Would you mind if you could correct my bad...
[6 replies] Last: Yoshi-san, if ( integer == 0 ) { // Did the user enter 0? cout ... (by Hotaru)
c++ beginner

hi...im not actually a first time user of c++ but i have many problems on using it. first is that i have a problem on making psuedocodes. i need some advices o...
[1 reply] : If you mean pseudocode for planning purposes, there is no right way to... (by Hotaru)
connecting to mailservers

i want to code some kind of mailclient, but i have no idea how to connect to mailservers (POP3, IMAP, SMTP). As far as i know, it's pretty easy by using sockets...
[no replies]
C++ help, homework Question

How do I write a C++ program that takes a string containg a full name, and outputs each part of the name seperately? const string fullname= "Horatio Thadeou...
[9 replies] Last: Most teachers support the idea of using the internet as a valid resour... (by maingeek)
object oriented...

Hi guys, I am wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I'm having at the moment as regards to making a particular solution more object oriented? ...
[1 reply] : Well, you should create classes for your project, and declare objects.... (by cminusminus)
by Gras
Random numbers

Hi, I have a peace of code i want to submit, but i think it's too small to rlly put it in the source code/articles section. I've made a really simple random ...
[9 replies] Last: oh yeah, anyway, i think that there's a lot of library that i haven't ... (by chipp)
by rymhin
i wonder if any of you guys can help me-((

Hi people, I just started to learn C++ today. i wonder which is the best complier for a beginner like me. thanks, ray
[3 replies] Last: I'm always happy to help -- just that I don't use MSN. But it's pro... (by muzhogg)
I'm new to c++ and need help with a program

I'm trying to read in a file, find the total words and each character in the words. ANY help would be appreciated #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #...
[3 replies] Last: Hmm...something very strange is happening. Again, it SHOULDN'T run ... (by muzhogg)
c++ object array help

Ok i am currenly in a c++ programming class and I have not programmed in c++ for a few years now and i cant seem to figure something out. My current project is...
[no replies]
by AdamJ
getline help

Just starting out and can't seem to figure this out. Basically, trying to get passenger names, if they want to sit in first class or coach and then assign them...
[3 replies] Last: Hmmm...good question -- with no really simple answer. I guess I'd w... (by muzhogg)
char *gets(char *str)

I'm reading the definition of gets and I'm confused what does the "char *" before gets mean I know (char *str) means a character pointer I think. please help ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks doh (by frizshizzle)
Switch with array of char

Hey. I'm trying to use the switch and an array of char togeather, since it dosent support the string.h header i figured this has to be the only way, tho it j...
[no replies]
Im a first time user of C++

Every time I write a program it ends very quickly as soon as it reaches the end of the program. After the calculations it displays the answer and then the conso...
[7 replies] Last: It's not cross-platform. Alex's and MrGuvna's solutions would work on ... (by AzraelUK)
help with a class

can someone explain or give me a good example of a class and how it works, thnx
[2 replies] Last: Another way to think of a class is as a representation of a real-life ... (by AzraelUK)
I need Help!!

Hi, , , I want to ask about the tools for c++? I mean how can I install it on my machine? Best Regards Lovelorhn
[3 replies] Last: Books are always nice, but cplusplus.com has a tutorial online: http:/... (by AzraelUK)
Regular doubt

hola people. I'm new to c++ and I want to give characters to variable but not wanna use the string command like we do for integers. #include <iostream....
[6 replies] Last: Thanks every one specially dirk and muzhogg :D (by Miracle)
need another help

i got another problem with my program here's the code. cout << "-----------------------------------------------------------------" << "--------...
[13 replies] Last: thnx muzhogg.. =) I do understand it now... and I hope it would also h... (by ried azmel)
spliting integers from input

hi, i am doing an assignment where i am required to split integers from input line like: 12 12 14 15 here i need to split integers like eg i=12, j=14 etc......
[6 replies] Last: thanx every 1 it really helped, and i found a new function char * st... (by shammur)
January 2008 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [feb2008]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.