Beginners - January 2012 (Page 3)

Putting a Variable in Quotations

Hello I'm trying to put the variable "lotName" into quotations so that it will display it in quotes, not the actual word lotName. How can I go about doing th...
[1 reply] : You need to use an escape sequence: cout << "You won \"" << lotName ... (by Athar)
Convert Enumerations to string

I ve got a vector with enum defined objects. I want to convert them into string so as to handle it more easily. Which is the easiest to way to do so?
[1 reply] : You need another array with the names (hint: copy the enum declaration... (by Athar)
Something wrong with the program. The calculations arent correct and IDK what is happening with the setw()

Heres the instructions: Your program should use the C++ standard Math Library function to compute the square root in the formula below. Be sure to use the r...
[5 replies] Last: Code tags are and You place the before the start of your ... (by vin)
Can't get my program to work, help?

Hello everyone, i'm here to see if anyone can help me fix my program up, as you can see we're dealing with 6 functions(readArray,reverseArray, printA, printB, ...
[5 replies] Last: Compiled without errors but doesn't run correctly, it just keeps going... (by lugiamaster)
Little help needed in this program

I am having many problems in this program. In this program we actually have to create a file in which we have to write the data of a Student i.e his Roll numb...
[5 replies] Last: I changed this and got the names out: //----------------------------... (by histrungalot)
Passing initializations to main()

Hi. I am new to C++. Basically we have this exercise in our book. Here are the instructions: 6. For research purposes and to better help students, the admiss...
[no replies]
How to stop cin into an array by entering 0?

I'm trying to use cin to read numbers into an array up to size 100. The program will know that the user is done inputting numbers when a zero is entered. This i...
[3 replies] Last: Do you mean re-size the array? If that's what you mean, you should thi... (by Code2Code)
Trouble with program

I am writing a program where a person needs to choose between whethere they want two integers they have input to be output as a sum quotient product or differen...
[2 replies] Last: cout << "Please choose S, D, P, or Q: "; cin >> S,D,P,Q if (S=S) ... (by paper32)
How to alphabetize a list of names

I am in a C++ at my school we are just getting into loops. I have been tasked with creating a program that can read in a list of names one at a time (up to 25) ...
[4 replies] Last: If you're in basic c++ and have not learned about arrays and functions... (by nickoolsayz)
How to output The "Winner" ?

I am currently in the process of writing a program. A quick summary of what i need to do : A game called Dorax, the aim of the game is for players to throw a ...
[no replies]
[HELP] Assistance with arrays needed

By all means please do not give me answers. Im looking for a skeleton of what i am to do. My class is online and i am unable to talk to the teacher face to fac...
[4 replies] Last: Part B List any possible methods that can be used to assign values to ... (by nickoolsayz)

Hey peoples! So I've decided to teach myself C++ and I was wondering where to get a compiler program and also which is a good one. I'm kinda diving in head ...
[8 replies] Last: compile with qt Qt is not a compiler, it's an application framework.... (by Athar)
Print Array in Reverse (1,2)

Hi, im trying to write a program using arrays and for the last part i need to print it in reverse. I know theres something wrong in my void function because im ...
[21 replies] Last: Awesome, I finally got it. Thanks guys for all the help and tips! (by Grimlocke46)
getline() Problem

I'm having a bit of a problem with getline(). In line 66, the "cin" will not allow any spaces (ex: White Wolf), but when I change it to getline(), it works, how...
[4 replies] Last: The operator >> skip all leading whitespace characters before extracti... (by HumbleNoob)
Help please.

I am trying to write a program that asks for a first name, last name, and salary. I have got it to ask for first name and last name, but I cannot seem to introd...
[8 replies] Last: What would you want to do with it? (by Stewbond)
reading and writing to file

Hello, I am a beginner and need some urgent help. I will really appreciate if anyone can refer me to the specific topics which I should read to comprehend the t...
[5 replies] Last: Add this to your class in the private section: ifstream fin("input.tx... (by Stewbond)
Trying to understand C++

I am new to C++ programming and I am trying to understand this. I am working on a program that is supposed to use the isosceles tringle and the Pythagorean The...
[7 replies] Last: @ ResidentBiscuit : float is fine depending on your requirements. I... (by Stewbond)
by Ch1156
Hiding a dialog box

I have a dialog box and i have been trying to figure out how to hide it, but i cant get it to work, this is what i have in main.cpp: #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_...
[2 replies] Last: cool thanks :D (by Ch1156)
Need help counting vowels.

My program is supposed to count the number of vowels in a file using recursion. When I run this program I always get the number of vowels is 0. I'm pretty sure ...
[10 replies] Last: Thanks for all of the help. I finally finished the program. (by Emperorlu)
by Apd904
Calendar help

Hey everyone, new around here and I could use some help. I know you guys don't do peoples homework for them and thats fine but can anyone tell me if there's a f...
[5 replies] Last: It prints off the months of a given year, one on top of the other, but... (by Apd904)
January 2012 Pages: 12345... 48
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.