Beginners - January 2012 (Page 47)

Problem with functions, loops, etc. (1,2)

Ok, so I have a few problems with my program. This program is meant to simulate a battle. The user chooses which action he/she wants and the program executes th...
[29 replies] Last: Guess I still need a little more learning to do! I still don't entirel... (by DaPasta)
delete char*

Hello, I faced a problem I declared a char* variable in a way like this: char* chText = "Hello!"; And I need to free memory, taken by this variable. ...
[4 replies] Last: That memory is not memory allocated by you, so you must not attempt t... (by ChinYan)
by han613
HELP! (output words in alphabetical order)

how do i ask the user to input 10 words of 5 letters each and then output them in alphabetical order??!
[6 replies] Last: OMG!!! thanks!!! =D (by han613)
Trouble with my currency conversion program

I am learning C++ at home because my school doesn't offer C++ classes. I am extremely new to C++, so please don't mock me for simple mistakes. That aside, I am ...
[4 replies] Last: You're right Caprico, I probably should start indenting. (by Austin G)
Keyboard touch ?

Hi all,i've got a problem that i can't solve... The problem is that i want to make something in the win32 console program when i touch a other words from for e...
[no replies]
Infinite feedback from a loop?

Hi there, this is a problem I've been having for a while, but it was never particularly troublesome until now. I was wondering if there's a way to stop the inf...
[6 replies] Last: not sure exactly what your trying to but but if you are wanted to go b... (by nickoolsayz)
by woogi
Populate a form with objects

I want to be able to populate a form with objects while program is running. Say, from a drop-down menu, I cld add a button or some other needed object. Is this ...
[no replies]
by Txcz
Memory leaks in binary tree

Hi, i programmed some kind of wierd binary search tree, it works fine, not fast enought but with no mistakes, but there are some memory leaks and i can not find...
[1 reply] : By searching, i was able to find where leaks were created, but i still... (by Txcz)
Seating arrangements

Im having the a problem with my seating arrangments with in the class ranges. In first class, it is only mean to book 1-5, if i enter 6, it will come up with ...
[5 replies] Last: The beauty and danger of C and C++; there is an implicit trust of the ... (by Moschops)
Yet another problem.

A very short simple program copied from a book: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; int main() { cons...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, MAX_PATH is defined in windows.h, I just had to include it. (by Integrater)
High-Level and Low-Level I/O with classes

Hello, I can overload << >> to work with classes. But look at this : #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <cstring> using namespac...
[2 replies] Last: Can I manually count the size of inventory ? 20 char = 20 bytes 1 int... (by hentaiw)
Passing string from function to another

Hi I'm trying to create a text based game where you have multiple choises and you choose 1 option. I use switch to see what option I chose and after dealing wit...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you :) I'm a bit embarassed it was THAT simple. Oh well at least... (by nikotiini)
Check my plan for a game list program

Hi, I'd like to get your opinions on my psuedocode plan for a simple program for creating a games list. It's an exercise from a book I'm reading and this is the...
[12 replies] Last: Thanks again Galik, the programs works fine now :) (by Integrater)
by Hotice
Doubles

Is there a way to force the computer to display more than 6 digits of a double? For example, I input something like: 234567.89 and it displays it as 234567. btw...
[4 replies] Last: You can never use a Windows program on a Mac. You need to get a secon... (by Telion)
by hjdut
cin question

The problem here is that after I give the name, I don't have chance to give the following 2 cin inputs. Anyone can help? cout<<"Please enter the name o...
[1 reply] : It looks like you are calling this stuff in a main() function and cand... (by Hotice)
by Faurax
Runing an external program in different solutions

Hi, I am Faurax and this is what I would like to learn. Let say I have a program installed on my computer and I would like to make an application in c++ tha...
[2 replies] Last: I am pretty new to writing graphics in c++ and have therefore never us... (by Faurax)
How to convert window co-ordinate to real coordinate

How do I convert pixel co-ordinate like 620 720 to real coordinate like (5,6) which can be used for drawing. double x = x_mouse / (double) WINDOW_WIDTH ...
[2 replies] Last: I am using opengl. However I am working under freeglut (by biplav17)
Constructor problem

Hi, I have just started learning C++ and I usually code in Java. I created a class Shift which is compose of n amount of ShiftBloc (which is like a working s...
[2 replies] Last: Many tutorial seems to include the scope anyway but I admit it's super... (by William Turcot)
Program skips input?

I'm creating a program that inputs a math function, and inputs a number for x, and then solves the function. When I enter in a function, it skips over the lo...
[5 replies] Last: How would you know that the user entered them? ;p (by LB)
Now presenting C++!

Okay! I am now learning C++ and am in need of some help... Could anyone possibly tutor me in an IRC chatroom if possible? I have alot of free time except for ...
[2 replies] Last: No, i meant that me and the possible tutor would be in the chatroom di... (by hellninjas)
January 2012 Pages: 1... 45464748
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.