Beginners - January 2016 (Page 29)

How do I find the reason for a (!cin)?

Suppose an input failed. int a; cin >> a; if(!cin) cout << "Input failed"; The program outputs "Input failed" if user types in "hello" or a ve...
[3 replies] Last: I found this information at cppreference.com: http://en.cppreference.c... (by Peter87)
C4droid libraries

Hi! It is possible to add libraries(like GTK) to C4droid or any other Android C++ IDE ? Thanks !
[1 reply] : Anyone ? (by StefanCPlusPlus)
How to loop a program?

I'm fairly new to C++ and have been having a lot of fun recently messing around with the language however, I haven't been able to figure out something. I would...
[5 replies] Last: Favour writing many small functions: #include <iostream> char get_c... (by JLBorges)
Functions and Arrays

This is my first time really coding and i'm having a very hard time. My assignment is to use an array of integers an print the array out in five columns, find t...
[6 replies] Last: i been trying to figure out bubblesorts but I'm not understanding do ... (by jcelestin)
Pig Latin Program - Need FeedBack and Improvement Suggestion

This programming exercise is from my TextBook The Programming Example: Pig Latin Strings converts a string into the pig Latin form, but it processes only one w...
[no replies]
How to ensure random int are unique in Bulls and cows?

Here is a segment : void fill_ans() { for (int i = 0; i < digit_size; ++i) ans.push_back( rand() % 9 + 1) ; // a random integer belonging to [1,9] //fo...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks a lot, both of you! (by ephraimr)
by Zakusa
jailbreaks, hacks for games, emulators whats needed

hi i want to know what i need to know to make jailbreaks ( for iphones and consoles ), hacks for games, and emulators so ya what do i need to learn to make this...
[2 replies] Last: Zakusa how much about hacking do you know?? (by suppa)
Undefined Reference Error?

For some odd reason I'm just now getting errors when I open and run my program in Code::Blocks. It was working before but now I get a "undefined reference to B...
[6 replies] Last: Cire, yes my functions are part of my project and are connected to my ... (by C0D3FR3AK)
when u learn defines for first time

no questions just messing around with some ghetto++ #include <iostream> #include <stdexcept> #define shank 0 #define OK ; #define SLAMMIN return #...
[3 replies] Last: Well... he/she closed their accounts... so this is awkward. (by TarikNeaj)
by gendy
IDEA Pretty new here

so i am thinking of an idea which is to make an app that can turn off/on the router [wifi-access point] with your smartphone and i got an idea and i need your h...
[8 replies] Last: @naraku9333 the objective of that is to save power and save my router'... (by gendy)
std::copy kind of not working

Hi, I tried to copy array of chars into string but for some reason it didn't work #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <algorithm> #include <cstring...
[7 replies] Last: Cool man. First time I actually see something like this. Much apprecia... (by etrusks)
i need Help with a small bit of code

Im trying to output the person who ate the least, this is from the begginers exercises for some reason the variable temp only takes the variable person, no ...
[4 replies] Last: managed to implement the changes and it now works I havnt done much w... (by DigitalF4ce)
refernces and pointers

hey guys i wanted to knw if one can create a reference to a reference and a pointer to a reference n cud one show me how to rite it in code....my theory is down...
[5 replies] Last: well i can use v.back to access last element witout iterating thru de ... (by rofhiwangae)
modulu

Write your question here. int x; x= (x%2)?1:2; what does this do "?1:2" please help????
[2 replies] Last: It is a ternary operator used for short if/else cases. The above code ... (by Stalker)
Unspecified number of arguments C style

Hi, I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding the example in Stroustrup's book about this topic because its kind of not working. This is basically the...
[4 replies] Last: Ok tnx a lot for nice info :) and happy New Year! (by etrusks)
navigator not working

I can't seem to get this code to work. I'm just beginning c++ and this is one of my assignments. For some reason it says the + and - operators won't aren't doin...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both a lot. I only have one more problem, I can't seem to ge... (by nsganon101)
Optimal method to store string with spaces

I'm trying to read from a file that has several records within it. For instance... one line will include: school name, year, term, course name, etc. which is b...
[18 replies] Last: explain the block of code between lines 18-26? They look like functio... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
January 2016 Pages: 1... 272829
  Archived months: [dec2015] [feb2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.