Beginners - July 2012 (Page 11)

USER BUILT FUNCTIONS can't figure it out.

I am trying to write some code that basically has two user built functions. One function called "callMidNum" that asks the user for three numbers, next you hav...
[1 reply] : int callMidNum The function promises to return and integer, and your... (by Nexius)
Pointer question

Hi Guys, Wonder if there's a way to initilize the ten arrays in the first loop without having to run through: pointer =a1; ... ... pointer =a10; T...
[4 replies] Last: It's right the way it is, try it. (by Lowest0ne)
Allegro Problem

I am starting with allegro, and i am having a problem. This is the code for my application, (its just supposed to output "Hello word, I am a magical Allegro pro...
[3 replies] Last: Also, you forgot a pair of parentheses here -> al_flip_display; . It ... (by m4ster r0shi)
data structures question

Write a program to copy the content of array to a dynamic single linked list and write a function to delete every node has an even value in its data this is...
[3 replies] Last: Your code is a little messy and misleading. Please use structures to m... (by Nexius)
Family tree using tree

Hi, this is my first time posting here. My problem is this: I am creating a family tree program that has to use tree that is due Tuesday. Everyone I have tal...
[2 replies] Last: Can we know what you came up with? I'm curious as to what the solution... (by dancks)
For loops and accessing array elements

Okay so here is my situation, I want to be able to access the ith-1 element,ith element and ith+1 element in a array while within a for loop. It seems like i co...
[1 reply] : Try: for (int i = 1; i < /* Array Size */ - 1; i ++) You shouldn't ... (by Volatile Pulse)
Cola Machine

Hi everyone, I found this website today when I was looking for some beginner exercises and it looks like a great community. I decided to try the cola mac...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for all the replies. Thanks Athar, just finished reading and... (by RastaWolf)
Inputting multiple variable types from file

Hi All, This might seem like a silly question, but I'm still quite a newbie in regards to c++, but I was wondering how i might input a file whose lines conta...
[2 replies] Last: NEVERMIND THE LAST MESSAGE. Got it working, thank you loads!!! (by satchmo001)
Question about class functions

I am just trying to compile the class: clockType straight from a book and for some reason I keep getting two errors at line 13....the first error says: ISO f...
[4 replies] Last: Alright. I used int main() and the problem disappeared. Thanks! (by dtaqee88)
"cout" strings written in Greek

I am new in this site .... I am Greek I am learning C++. I would like to ask, how can I "cout" strings written in Greek... For example : cout << "Καλη...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks everyone for the answers.... I was sure that many people would ... (by ThomasMylonas)
by dancks
Why won't my grenades explode?

So... I'm making a game. I made a grenade handler object to keep track of grenades. Its supposed to blow up after a certain time after being "launched". But all...
[6 replies] Last: Of course. Right now its a really simple, kinda boring game. Needs a l... (by dancks)
Help! i try to use strcpy and it gives me an access violation error and brings up strcat.asm

Ok not exactly sure what's going on. I know my code is pretty atrocious. Basically im loading in an XML file, using tinyXML im reading it then using a struct (s...
[3 replies] Last: Ok, at least the data types are correct. This looks like a problem of... (by KRAkatau)
Limit to a "char *a=new char[sizeMax]"

I notice that when I use the code: int size = 276447234; // or bigger char *a=new char ; SendCommand(line, a, size); // fct that writes a given output in "a...
[4 replies] Last: It is interesting to see how did you determine that the size iwas trun... (by vlad from moscow)
i need help please to make ".h file

hi , how are you guys i hope you all fine here this is my program #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> using namespace std; struct a { ...
[2 replies] Last: yeah , i realy dont get all wht you said but i get these things we sh... (by thunderxlight)
Private vs. Protected Classes

Just a quick question, but what is the difference between a private and protected class? Aren't they basically the same thing? I mean, if I don't want a varia...
[1 reply] : protected allows derived classes to access the variable, whereas priva... (by firedraco)
use a std::ofstream as function parameter

Hi, Is there any easy way to use a std::ofstream as parameter of a function? I would like to be able to write the function: int writeInStream(std::ofstrea...
[1 reply] : Again, stream are not copyable. Pass it by reference. (by ne555)
Problem with Code

I cant get the code at this link to work.... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.console.setcursorposition(v=vs.80) What do I have to do to get...
[no replies]
Netpay Average

I've been working on this program for a month now and have it executing. The last thing I need to do is calculate the average netpay for my 5 employees from my...
[5 replies] Last: Actually I figured it all out, but thanks for posting. I had to add th... (by LaC0saNostra)
2 general questions

Im not new to c++ but am still a beginner, i've got 2 questions and they could just be personal preference but need to ask.. while in school we learned by creat...
[3 replies] Last: Hi there, By precompiled headers I assume you mean libraries such as ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
class

what is the syntax for a search in turbo c++ using a class?
[2 replies] Last: Hi there, Taking my post in your other thread into account, it woul b... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 910111213... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.