Beginners - July 2012

Parsing Nested Structures/Unions defined in C/C++ header files in XML

I have a structure represented as follows: (Example) struct struct3 { struct structchild4 { float child5; } child6; unsigned int c...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you NwN (by Abhishek Vedamoorthy)
3D array not working

Im trying to store multiplication in a 3D array allocated through pointers (a practice problem in a book). I can get the 3D array but I cant store the multiplic...
[7 replies] Last: sorry i couldnt reply sooner, the website was down. thanks for all you... (by BegProgrammer)
Correctly implent large template class

I have a large class, which can be used with multiple data structures. So - I made it a template class, but was struck with linking problems. Now I don't know ...
[4 replies] Last: I believe you could also use explicit instantiation, if you know exact... (by moorecm)
by Myka
Basic Strcmp Problem

write a program using standard string functions that accepts a price of an item and display its coded value. The base of the key is: X C O M P U T E R S 0 1 2 3...
[2 replies] Last: As AbstractionAnon mentioned, we won't solve this for you, as per the ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Name of charactor

So I'm making a text based adventure in C++ and I'm doing this all fabulously when suddenly I realize I don't know how to output infomation that the user gave. ...
[12 replies] Last: int name; Well, no offense but the fact that you declared your char... (by cnoeval)
by xordux
Problem with Variable Argument function

Iam getting a runtime error in this , donno whats its cause ... please help me #include <iostream> #include <cstdarg> using namespace std; int ma...
[8 replies] Last: @Peter87 : thanks , i'll try to use variadic templates or std::initial... (by xordux)
Function templates < explicit specializations < regular functions

Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm just learning the language. The thing is, today I was just reading for the first time about function templates (implicit instantiati...
[2 replies] Last: Pretty interesting. Thank you very much! (by Kurospidey)
my loop isn't working properly

my program is to convert input char to phone no and will ask whether want to continue or not after conversion. I am managed to do conversion but my loop for con...
[9 replies] Last: nvm i managed to solve it. Anyway thank you guys (by ethan86)
Assistance with arrays

I am trying to write a program that uses arrays and this is my first time. You have an index of 100 and then as long as you dont enter -1 the program will cont...
[10 replies] Last: The problem is that you are using the same string to store all the str... (by Peter87)
Probably a stupid mistake but I can't find it

#include <iostream> class Tricycle { public: Tricycle(int initialAge); ~Tricycle(); int getSpeed(); void setSpeed(int speed); void pedal(); void brake;...
[2 replies] Last: As it turns out there's more than 1 stupid mistake. brake(). Thanks ... (by michael370662)
file handling

i am using dev c++ 5.2.0.3 and this code shows no error in compiling but still does not run #include<iostream> #include<fstream> using namespace std; ...
[7 replies] Last: hey it is doing well #include<iostream> #include<fstream> using name... (by newbie17)
Need help with a menu program

So I'm doing a menu program that follows these rules: Your code need to have the following features, all accessible from a menu. * Load inventory from the...
[7 replies] Last: Hi there, You will need to close the ifstream where the file is open ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
How to setup a keyhook

i have my main function Main() { } and i want to setup a keyhook or hotkey so when key'd down it will do execute the main() i tried doing a if (k...
[1 reply] : Hi there, main() is automatically called as a starting point for your... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
question about classes

Hello. I made a mockup game with just classes and no actual real code yet to just see if this would be the way to setup a game using classes. If it is not...
[11 replies] Last: Hi there, Seems like you're getting on pretty well here, good on you.... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Struggling with inheritance

I'm having trouble inheriting a protected base class member in a derived class. I'm basically trying to access an int vector called "coords" in my base class....
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for your help everyone. I figured out the issue: I didn't have ... (by PadreDoom)
Array problem. HELP PLEASE

So I have this activity for programming class and so far these are the codes I came up with. I'm only allowed to place codes where it says "add code here". Anyb...
[5 replies] Last: Hi there, As previously mentioned, it's best to use codetags when pos... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by steev
why .... :(

guys ... void test ( int ary ) ; why I must determine the numbers of columns in this header of function test ???
[2 replies] Last: Hi there, For a more in detail explanation of what Mr. Vaghani explai... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by Ernest
While loop

not sure why, nether my while loop or my if else statement is not working on line 29 and 38 getting some sort of logic error from what I can tell on the while l...
[4 replies] Last: You cannot do this!! if (number > 2147483647) Because any number b... (by ToniAz)
by Zu007
two string addition by function overload

plz correct the program in this program i'm adding two strings by using binary addition operator(+)by function overloading. #include<conio.h> #include<str...
[2 replies] Last: If you're not referring to the string class in C++, but character stri... (by ToniAz)
by daniya
need c++ text book.

Guyz please can any one of you help me with a well comprehended c++ text book for beginners? I have one but can't offer me all.
[3 replies] Last: I'm a beginner as well. Here are my favorites: Starting Out With C++ ... (by closed account 4izT0pDG)
July 2012 Pages: 123... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.