Beginners - July 2012

Polynomial multiplication problem SOS

Hi guys, My multiplication algorithm is not working correctly, it keeps giving me some non sense ...
[4 replies] Last: Apologies, I forgot to cut and paste the constants const int MAX=10... (by toomanystars)
Good programming practice/approach?

New here, hello. Recently had a quiz with this problem: "Write a program that continuously reque...
[9 replies] Last: The cin object converts to a boolean depending on the success of a rea... (by MetalMilitia)
Is there any "break" alternative to system pause other than getch

I need some breaks in my program, but I can't use getch or getchar because there is a lot of getline...
[5 replies] Last: but I can't use getch or getchar because there is a lot of getline(c... (by Lowest0ne)
Is there a multi-platform sleep/pause function?

Is there a multi-platform version of sleep(time) ? I was using while (true) to control some co...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, it's called std::this_thread::sleep_for() http://en.cppreferenc... (by Cubbi)
Simple error that shouldnt be occuring ( at least i think)!

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(int argc, const char * argv ) { int ag...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah thanks @ thebeathacker, it worked! Annnnnnnd i found out that it ... (by ryanvkeller)
by chief
How in the World to use an object inside a vector

Ok so I have looked all through my book and have not seen anywhere how to use an object within a vec...
[4 replies] Last: Fair point. Edited the example. (by AbstractionAnon)
disk partitioning for linux

hey just a quick couple of questions. I am wondering what linux distributor/operating system, is goo...
[no replies]
please c++ multiple question

I was doing couple of example from the book. I am not able to get it right please help. I have exa...
[3 replies] Last: uhhhh. What is sum? b and c loop for sure. a should only loop 5 times... (by AlitCandle)
Learning about DBMS

Well, I have been learning how to code for a while. Recently I decided that I knew enough to crea...
[5 replies] Last: The documentation at the official site covers everything you could pos... (by helios)
Add value to dynamic queue

At first,I like to say sorry about my bad English I want to know how I can add values ​​to the ...
[3 replies] Last: If it's a list, why not just use the C++ list container? http://www.c... (by AbstractionAnon)
Need some help with last programming assignment

I am officially very stuck on this assignment. This is the last assignment for my c++ programming as...
[4 replies] Last: Write a series of cascaded stream insertion operations to output a se... (by ToniAz)
Parsing Nested Structures/Unions defined in C/C++ header files in XML

I have a structure represented as follows: (Example) struct struct3 { struct structchild4 ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you NwN (by Abhishek Vedamoorthy)
3D array not working

Im trying to store multiplication in a 3D array allocated through pointers (a practice problem in a ...
[7 replies] Last: sorry i couldnt reply sooner, the website was down. thanks for all you... (by BegProgrammer)
Correctly implent large template class

I have a large class, which can be used with multiple data structures. So - I made it a template cla...
[4 replies] Last: I believe you could also use explicit instantiation, if you know exact... (by moorecm)
by Myka
Basic Strcmp Problem

write a program using standard string functions that accepts a price of an item and display its code...
[2 replies] Last: As AbstractionAnon mentioned, we won't solve this for you, as per the ... (by NwN)
Name of charactor

So I'm making a text based adventure in C++ and I'm doing this all fabulously when suddenly I realiz...
[12 replies] Last: int name; Well, no offense but the fact that you declared your char... (by cnoeval)
by xordux
Problem with Variable Argument function

Iam getting a runtime error in this , donno whats its cause ... please help me #include <ios...
[8 replies] Last: @Peter87 : thanks , i'll try to use variadic templates or std::initial... (by xordux)
Function templates < explicit specializations < regular functions

Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm just learning the language. The thing is, today I was just reading for t...
[2 replies] Last: Pretty interesting. Thank you very much! (by Kurospidey)
my loop isn't working properly

my program is to convert input char to phone no and will ask whether want to continue or not after c...
[9 replies] Last: nvm i managed to solve it. Anyway thank you guys (by ethan86)
Assistance with arrays

I am trying to write a program that uses arrays and this is my first time. You have an index of 100...
[10 replies] Last: The problem is that you are using the same string to store all the str... (by Peter87)
July 2012 Pages: 123... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.