Beginners - June 2013 (Page 5)

Strings

I made a simple program to compare two string values using If statement, in functions, Please any1 guide me or sort it out for me that when the program ask the ...
[4 replies] Last: I'm sorry but we aren't your employees and we won't just give you the ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Beginner program ideas?

Hello! I recently started learning C++ with the tutorials over at http://www.learncpp.com, and I was looking for some ideas for programs I could make. I just f...
[16 replies] Last: I appreciate the response. That while loop with all the std::*stuff*... (by cire)
by bardia
No error... Code just not working???

P.S. Sorry for the broad title just didn't know how to describe it :/ Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I was just wondering, I have this code: int code(...
[1 reply] : You are using the wrong operators from lines 19 to 26. int var; v... (by Daleth)
Connect Four - Suggestions?

Do you guys have a good tactic to tackle different possible events of input? It wasn't that bad putting in 'if' statements for every single possible situation i...
[2 replies] Last: I got an answer if it helps you any. (by Superdude)
by undph
Calculator

Hello, I want to write a calculator. This calculator should have 2 dynamic storages which store as much storage as the user wants to type. How do I implement...
[9 replies] Last: Playing around with some c++11 #include <iostream> #include <map> #i... (by Lowest0ne)
Same response all the time

Hi, This project is basically very simple. I think coding wise looks okay. But when I run it, I always get the same answer "The object will float". ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks all. I fixed it. (by sghamghamy)
by pupu
help key config

as most of ppl here should know, press "enter key" close the programm/window, then I dont know how use cin<< number , if I cant enter number because pressing en...
[4 replies] Last: Post the full code. (by maeriden)
Printing array and getting garbage at end.

The program works with the exception that garbage is being displayed on the screen after the p has been stripped. I'm going nuts. Thanks in advance. /...
[1 reply] : You use <= on line 24, so you try to write to the 11th element of your... (by Zhuge)
question about inheritance and virtual methods

So my question has to do with the " virtual int compare " method. im trying to make superclass that would allow subclasses to be sorta based on their values. th...
[2 replies] Last: Great :D it works thank you andy (by Paoletti301)
by undph
Vector<string> in double!

Im writing an calculator which is able to handle with sin, cos, PI, ... I wrote one string vector which stores the numbers and functions(sin, ...) and one stri...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/392981/how-can-i-convert-string-to-... (by ats15)
For loop problem

I was just transforming a while loop into a for loop.to learn my for loops working while loops #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
by cshu
arrays and functions

Im almost done with this project, but when I out put the solution for the employees's wages I get really long negative numbers //Cedric Shumate //Payroll...
[3 replies] Last: It is your task to write bodies of the fwo functions. I showed you the... (by vlad from moscow)
atoi function problem using it on part of an array

In this program I'm writing I have the user enter an ID (4 characters long), first two characters are upper case letters and last two are digits with sum less...
[3 replies] Last: The atoi() function needs a character string, so you would have to tak... (by Chervil)
Infinite Loop Help!

Hi. I don't know why why program doesn't work the way I want to.It keeps looking whenever I want to type '-1'. I know I', experiencing an infinite loop but I'm ...
[7 replies] Last: while (miles != -1 ) (by bigdog225)
Syntax is correct, but won't compile?

I've been stuck at this part in my code for a bit basically.The error comes in at line 21 and 13, but I don't understand the errors 21 G:\program5.cpp new t...
[2 replies] Last: its funny how little things like that can throw off the whole flow of ... (by bigdog225)
Function object

when we have to use a function object in our code?
[3 replies] Last: If your looking for examples on when you would use it, here are some: ... (by pata)
by tdk93
Linked List, Access Segmentation Fault, Run time error

I am trying to implement a linked list with size(defined 10 in this case) items The code compliles fine but gives a run time error at the bolded comment below....
[5 replies] Last: On line 25, t is set to point to a Node who's next pointer is null (0)... (by cire)
by piczim
float setting decimal places

I am trying to find out when using float in a calculation how to set the number of decimal places. For example my code below #include <stdio.h> int mai...
[2 replies] Last: Try this : printf("the answer is %4.0f\n",answer); It is all docum... (by TheIdeasMan)
Whats wrong with the code

Whats wrong with the code? My friend sent it to me. works for him #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { const int max_items = 10; string ...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks guys it worked ..in my friends compiler u dont need to include ... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Is there a memory leak in this small program?

Sorry for asking so many pointer questions.. My last one though... #include <iostream> using namespace std; class Box { public: int x, y; }; B...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you. (by MrProgrammer)
June 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 49
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.