Beginners - June 2017 (Page 14)

Recursion math?

Hi I have a little understanding how recursion works but I don't see how this factorial code works so when x == 1 it returns 1,then where is 1 returned to,so ...
[1 reply] : You do understand that calling factorial(1) returns 1. Good. The co... (by keskiverto)
range based loop question

I am trying to get output from a range based loop. If I use a 'standard' approach - iterating with a standard for loop it works as expected. I can see that. How...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks everyone - below is my working code... #include <iostream>... (by jamesfarrow)
chrono

Hi....so how to write this program with chrono... #include <ctime> #include <iostream> int main() { time_t cooldown; time_t holder; cool...
[8 replies] Last: I tried to run it without the for loop and only infinite loop.. it sto... (by Flaze07)
Simple sounds player

Hi there. I wrote the programm that can recognize the notes from the picture. Now I would like to play the sound from it after processing the image. I thought ...
[1 reply] : Hello Zeltrax, What header file or library are you using for the imag... (by Handy Andy)
by xxvms
Constructors

Hi there I have question does this make sense? thanks :) class Alpha { private: int data; public: Alpha() : data (0) ...
[6 replies] Last: thank you all :) that is very informative! noted in my manual for fut... (by xxvms)
Duplicate symbol error

I am new to c++ and programming in general. Thus, please excuse me if this question seems trivial but I would appreciate anyone's help. I am learning object...
[2 replies] Last: wow! I can't believe it was so simple. Thanks a a lot for your advice!... (by Codereng05)
Error while compiling simple Map program.

I am getting a warning and an error. Warning- D:\Map\main.cpp|7|warning: extended initializer lists only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11| Error-...
[2 replies] Last: You need to enable C++11 in your compiler. (by Thomas1965)
by miror
class function and const instance

hello, im having a problem using my class functions on a const instance and i dont know why. my code looks like this: class Date{ int day; int mont...
[7 replies] Last: @TheIdeasMan, @coder777, you are right. Probably I was over-thinking ... (by Thomas1965)
Operator Overloading

I keep getting the error "no function for call to 'MyClass::MyClass()'" on the line where I create object2 (MyClass object2;). I'm a total noob, so please don't...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, that is the idea of private variables. Have a read of the tutori... (by TheIdeasMan)
array pointer

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int numbers ; int * p; p = numbers; *p = 10; p++; *p = 20; p = &numbers ; *p = 30; p = ...
[4 replies] Last: @NSmith, please do not hijack someone else's thread. This is consider... (by mbozzi)
by ar2007
mysql connector c++ -- xcode : image not found

Hello everyone. I installed it in xcode 8.3 mysql connector (after installing boost) and to test, I compiled and executed the code offered by the mysql connecto...
[no replies]
rite a program which asks the user his/ her major and gpa stores them in variables

I am unable to identify my coding error in this exercise.could please someone guide me in where to find it and what i am doing wrong? please.. this is what is...
[7 replies] Last: chicofeo, Handy Andy (590), Tulu (3) : thank you for the knowledge and... (by lescarys)
I'm having problem in Binary Search Tree. Print In-Order and adding a node

I'm making my own class of Binary Search Tree. I'm getting no output. My header file #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Binar...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks but i managed to find the mistake. It was in the member functio... (by kamilhassaan)
by miror
class does not name a type even though it is defined

Hello, when im trying to build my project im getting "<class name> does not name a type" (on the line "DataBase db;//an object of class DataBase" of Menu.h) Ho...
[1 reply] : circular includes. There is no reason for Database.h to #include "Men... (by ne555)
std::string

hi...I just want to ask something about std::string so std::string is a class and std::cout work with it... I wonder how it works... does std::string have i...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you (by Flaze07)
by TheArk
Program exits

Program keeps exiting after I enter the value for number of dollars. I am new, and am sure the answer is obvious, but I cannot seem to figure it out. I also am ...
[5 replies] Last: Hello TheArk, Your welcome. After fixing the semi-colon problem the ... (by Handy Andy)
make program to delete all number in text (1,2)

i want to make program using pointer that delete all number from text, for example when the input from keyboard is "ab1c9" then the program result "abc" only. ...
[25 replies] Last: I got it!! thankyou so much everyone for helping me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i st... (by surfersss)
by stas76
to uppercase without standard function

Hello, I'm looking for something to read or maybe somebody explain how to convert from uppercase to lowercase but without standard library. Thanks.
[3 replies] Last: how to convert from uppercase to lowercase The question looks decept... (by Enoizat)
Program crashes when variable takes values larger than 7

Hello I wrote a code and the problem stands when the value at "Monedhat" is higher than 7 the program crashes. Can you help me fix the problem please. do...
[1 reply] : Hello I wrote a code and the problem stands when the value at "Monedh... (by Enoizat)
June 2017 Pages: 1... 1213141516
  Archived months: [may2017] [jul2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.