Beginners - March 2012 (Page 71)

by Yakko
Problem with while loop

I've been giving the begginer exercises located here http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/ a go, I've been on the first exercise for a little while and...
[2 replies] Last: This is what I did also.:) (by accessprogram)
Searching a dict file for words with certain #of vowels, consonants and first letter

This program is supposed to search for and output certain words (or numbers) based on how many vowels, consonants, and the first letter (or number) of that word...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much, that got it working :) I knew I needed to reset ... (by Matt Dougherty)
To many results just need one

Ok, I have got my program working but it is displaying to many results. It is displaying the answer behind of the word Sum . If I input 'M' then the answer i...
[7 replies] Last: vlad from moscow shows some very practical(but advanced) code. I thin... (by Need4Sleep)
switch statement clarification/error

heey, here's a code i made to test the switch statements but i'm not sure what went wrong! /* 4-10 if-else-if vs. switch Set up something that uses a s...
[5 replies] Last: ne555 , i thought the cases cant be letters, but have to be a number/c... (by magadavixt)
"Or" Conditional

Can someone tell me what double character you have to use for the conditional "or"? I can't find anything like it on my keyboard... Thanks!
[3 replies] Last: You use or (really) (by ne555)
Fibonacci Generator Won't Compile

I figured I'd try writing a fibonacci generator, but had no luck. I have no idea what's wrong with it. The error, according to the compiler, was on line 7 (the ...
[1 reply] : In general compilers tell you what was the error. By instance gcc give... (by ne555)
I can not for the life of me get this to run right...

If the user enters A or B, the user enters the height and weight, it then prints the condition of low, target, or high. The program should be in a loop that unt...
[7 replies] Last: omg, thanks a lot everyone. You were more help than my professor was.... (by pausmile)
Creating a circle

I want to create a circle using nested for-loops just like someone would create a diamond. So far, I was able to get the following using lots of for-loops: ...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you for your time on explaining this in more detail. I now have... (by isoto4705)
Need help c++ assignment: Game of Life

He I am really stuck on this assignment. Here is what I have so far: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> using namespace std; ...
[4 replies] Last: Here my new code: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <f... (by bhwdragon2012)
by adn258
Pointers Within Data Structures ??

So say you have something like below #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { struct pop { int *a; int b; } system("PAUSE"); } How wo...
[13 replies] Last: Yes. In general, what you new , you should delete .... (by Zhuge)
Array return in a function

Hi, i have a function in which it takes in an array, its length, and the length of the new array. when i run it, the code stops working and aborts-so its not e...
[4 replies] Last: thanks, we're just supposed to used arrays though-i ended up making a ... (by shocklightning)
March 2012 Pages: 1... 697071
  Archived months: [feb2012] [apr2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.