Beginners - March 2018 (Page 4)

need to find out

anyone can help me to solve this doubt? i dont understand the flow was given. thank you 1. write a program to input 5 integar numbers. after the data have been...
[no replies]
Surface Area minus 2 other objects

Hi, this is the code I have currently and I have the surface area of the entire cabin, but I need to ask the user what is the dimensions of a kitchen counter an...
[4 replies] Last: Got it. Thank you! (by ddaniel10)
Need some clarification about pointers...

Hello! I'm new here. Anyway, I just want some clarification about pointers. I've watched videos, but I'm still a bit confused. My class had a homework proble...
[3 replies] Last: search: if you don't put the *, it wont compile if you call it in main... (by jonnin)
Cannot print correct pattern, please help!!!

The question requires input the number of students then print the average and * which is if i input 3 (student) 10 20 30(marks) it should output Number of st...
[3 replies] Last: To understand arrays better take a look at this: http://www.cplusplus... (by coder777)
i am getting the error here.

this is a visual studio console application. there is two error. 1. expected type specifier. 2. int passbyref(int&)cannot convert argument 1 from int* to int...
[1 reply] : The second cited error doesn't correspond to the code that you have po... (by lastchance)
Rock Paper Scissors

Hey guys. I am new in programming and I have an assignment for the university. I have written the code. However every time I run it I get the same output ( whic...
[3 replies] Last: It would be good, if you could make your compiler more verbose. comp... (by keskiverto)
Continuous sound

Hey guys, I was working on a project that I like to call a piano. Basically you hold a specific key down on the keyboard and a specific note plays, but I have a...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, but I cannot test the codes right now because I'm on mobile. A... (by MEDOcapra)
by zapshe
When Will I Reach This Level Of Coding?

Hi, I've been learning C++ for about a month now, and I was feeling pretty good that I can look at code and understand it - until I looked at a game hack someon...
[4 replies] Last: Alright, Thanks again helios. This is one of those things where the mo... (by zapshe)
Seeding a 2D array from a file

So I have a file that has 11 columns. The first is a column that says "Student 1, Student 2, Student 3, etc.," The next 10 columns are just answers in a multipl...
[5 replies] Last: Ah, my mistake, the thing you added is right after my "include" sectio... (by Elarionus)
Not sure why this won't work

Hi all! New to programming. Decided to take it up as a hobby. After going through half a C++ tutorial I decided to try making a four basic operation, two value ...
[6 replies] Last: looks like a good place to use switch case statements rather than if. (by zaphraud)
I copied it wrong ?

Write your question here. Hello, "from a book" this small program does not compile. I get this error: ISO C++ forbids converting a string constant to ‘char...
[7 replies] Last: Yep g++ shows this error too. Use the C compiler instead of the C++ c... (by zaphraud)
Implementing cpp file

Write your question here. HEADER #pragma once #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class cVehicle { private: int Mode...
[4 replies] Last: A header file is the wrong place for "#include" files these should be... (by dhayden)
c++ printing high index student list

Ok, so I'm trying to print a record that contains the following for a list of graduate students: name, faculty (1 to 5), index, sex. I'm able to list the gradua...
[4 replies] Last: PS. Please sue code tags when posting code. don't sue the code tags,... (by chipp)
Trouble with error: Segmentation fault: 11

The problem probably caused by the function insertfix. I don't know why, is that because there is no enough space for the pointer I used in this function? Pl...
[14 replies] Last: Does your code work after the change? If not then what are the sympto... (by dhayden)
Nested class or abstract class

In my opinion there is no special use of nested class as we can do all our works easily and effectively with abstract class in C++.Moreover abstract class gives...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply.Your comment cleared my confusion and got enough... (by samir1996)
Arrays!

We have to write a program with arrays, that use user defined functions to perform different functions. The one I am having an issue with, is finding the lowest...
[13 replies] Last: When using the return statement, it does not even return the correct ... (by keskiverto)
Fireworks

What would YOU do? The no wind resistance parabolic arc is first. Second I'm thinking simulating the entire rocket, including mass of propellant lost, prope...
[3 replies] Last: Here's 5 animated fireworks slowed down enough to see the motion on a ... (by zaphraud)
The game of nim.

My game of nim is creating an infinite loop of saying "the mode is set to dumb." and "It is your turn." I need help in changing these loops to make them repeat ...
[1 reply] : Also with my if(pilesize=1){ "You lose") aren't working as intended. P... (by noshkren)
Can anyone quickly verify?

Im getting several syntax errors starting on line 96 and up in regards to semicolons and brackets and I dont understand why. /* My Name COP 2000 HW 4 Race R...
[12 replies] Last: while (raceTime <= 0) cout << "Invalid. Please try again."; This ... (by Repeater)
Program to Search Schedule

Hey guys so my professor has given my class another program to design that is beyond me and a few of my class mates I came to find out as we just dont have th...
[2 replies] Last: I spent the last hour coming up with a solution I may post it but I wa... (by adam2016)
March 2018 Pages: 123456... 29
  Archived months: [feb2018] [apr2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.