Beginners - May 2016 (Page 4)

by Gector
Odd error

... Any obvious reason I'm getting "First-chance exception at 0x003E5EBB in Clue.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x003F4000."? #includ...
[5 replies] Last: why doesn't this print out the input back to the user if it matches t... (by Moschops)
Math expression help

In the function header for fallingDistance(), i can only get the expression to work as a decimal point. I have tried multiple ways to do it with a fraction and ...
[7 replies] Last: Another question, If you put a "large" negative number which included... (by TheIdeasMan)
Read Array into Struct

Hi! I'm trying to write a program that has a struct of dvd info that I have written below. I then have a text file that reads into a array (dvdArray) I then ne...
[7 replies] Last: I'm basically using the same code you wrote, but I want to use an Arra... (by leembowie)
Pass by Reference- Anyone with simple explanation

Why is this so confusing? Why putting the '&' symbol pass out the right value but without it, the function is useless. void doubleNumber(int &num) { num = n...
[9 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> // using namespace std; //fun... (by JLBorges)
vending machine project

Simulate the operation of a Coke machine. This machine offers Coke, Coke Zero, and Caffeine-free Diet Coke. All drinks cost $1 (100 cents). The machine does not...
[2 replies] Last: I already figured it out, but thank you! I just had a little trouble f... (by diane534)
Extract fractional part

Hi how could I extract fractional part of a float/double with 11 decimal? I've got some codes here but just extract 6 decimal. Please help me
[8 replies] Last: Thank you so so so so much for your help. I used the multiply the numb... (by jamshid jabbari)
How do I create three nodes with only 1 variable?

node 1 should be 1 node 2 should be 2 node 3 should be 3 head points to node 1 struct Node{ int data; Node *next; }; Node *h; h = new Node; h->data = ...
[1 reply] : Take a look at this #include <iostream> using namespace std; struct... (by Bdanielz)
What is **a?

If a is a 3x3 matrix, I understand that ** means pointer to a pointer, but why does **a return the value at a ?
[1 reply] : Read "Arrays and Pointers": http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/poin... (by Arslan7041)
Linear equation solver

So I'm really new to C++ and decided to try to write a basic linear algebraic equation(y=ax+b) solver. I just get errors in the math section. #include <iost...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! I forgot about that. (by DrSloth)
Function Pointers and their type?

I understand function objects, but im having a bit of difficulty on how functions pointers work, especially when passed to templated functions (like those in th...
[11 replies] Last: @JLBorges: Thanks for the self-explanatory and clear program. I unders... (by Arslan7041)
Code::Blocks and undefined references

I'm pretty much a beginner on C/C++ programming. I've taken classes in the past, and the language itself is not the biggest problem, it's the background infrast...
[2 replies] Last: Ok. I tried the save as templates, and I get a box that says "Enter T... (by david ford)
rand() and srand() text adventure combat system

I learned about rand() and srand() today and was excited because I was trying to figure out a way to do a combat rolling system for a text adventure that I've b...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! After messing around with it then pondering your questions... (by MasterBrue)
setup

please help me seniors i made a program in c++ i want to create its setup than how i create the setup?
[9 replies] Last: Use Inno Setup ; you have already been given links to it. (by Duthomhas)
Dynamic memory allocation?

Does it happen during compilation or during runtime?
[2 replies] Last: Dynamic memory allocation? Does it happen during compilation or durin... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by noodel
loop and values

Hi. My question is how do i find the highest and lowest entered price? I have to get the result in '.txt' file. I already get all the prices writen there but ho...
[2 replies] Last: Or just check each value after it has been entered (after line 16). No... (by Chervil)
find the expected output

For this I am suppose to give an expected output. I got some of it, but some of it i dont. Does anyone know how to do an expected output int main(). { int s...
[2 replies] Last: yes. that is exactly what i got. So there is no such thing as an expec... (by closed account D4NbpfjN)
by nolza
Using #define for changing the class name

I am currently implementing my own version of a foward list and I wanted to be able to change between my class and STL's easily while compiling it. I've tried t...
[4 replies] Last: > A construct supported by the C++ type system and other language rule... (by nolza)
by looky
char

Hi I cannot grasp how to use char would someone be kind enough to show me some examples and thanks so much for all passed responses. char g; g = 23; ...
[2 replies] Last: It also helps to understand the ASCII code chart. http://www.asciitabl... (by AbstractionAnon)
resistor code

Write your question here. Resistor is an electrical component that reduces an electric current. The resistor's ability to reduce current is called resistance a...
[6 replies] Last: Please do not create duplicate posts. They waste everybody's time. ht... (by AbstractionAnon)
resistor colour band

Write your question here. why don't have anyone to help me solve the problem
[6 replies] Last: why don't have anyone to help me solve the problem You received plen... (by AbstractionAnon)
May 2016 Pages: 123456... 36
  Archived months: [apr2016] [jun2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.