Beginners - May 2017 (Page 4)

Priority Queue's always make const?

So I was hoping someone might be able to lend me a hand with this. About a month ago I was given my final exam for one of my programming classes (which has fini...
[2 replies] Last: The reason for all the headers is because I was lacking time. There we... (by Miles Hikari)
2-D array diagonal help

Trying to calculate the Difference in the sum of left diagonal and right diagonal of a 2-D array. This is the code that I wrote and it is working but not giving...
[9 replies] Last: Hello DatDankMeme, You have more wrong with the left diagonal the jus... (by Handy Andy)
Triplet problem

I'm currently trying to program that finds the number of triplets of a number from 6-12345 and also shows the best set of triplets and processing speed for the...
[4 replies] Last: 3+4+5=9 ??? In what universe? you only have to check 1/2 the number... (by jonnin)
passing 2d Array to function

Expected primary-expression before ']' token #include<iostream> using namespace std; void getInput(int ,int); void netSalary(int ,int); ma...
[4 replies] Last: sir i did not get it can you please provide your email, skype, faceboo... (by Najam489)
Why am I getting a segemetation fault

This is a function of Menu class. The odd thing is even if I comment ou this line it causes Seg fault. Basically if I do anything even if I do this->option_lis...
[1 reply] : Please don't start a new topic about the same subject, just keep the o... (by TheIdeasMan)
Increment by 10 in set iterators

My container (set) is a dictionary consisting 25000 words and I need to get the output of 10 words at a time using the iterator and ask user to proceed. if yes ...
[4 replies] Last: Hmm.... break , is it? It is generally considered bad form to use ju... (by JLBorges)
by Zapara
I want to learn c++

I've decided I want to learn c++. I know basically nothing. I currently have a macbook pro, do I need a windows computer for it? What programs do I need to writ...
[10 replies] Last: What has helped me get the basics is using Youtube Tutorials. Seeing t... (by logana)
Battleship

Write your question here. Battleship I really really need help.. I need it urgent. Thanks for help in advance class func{ private: ...
[6 replies] Last: Double Post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/216410/ This is n... (by chicofeo)
plotting graph in C++ without graphics

Hello friends; can anyone here who can help me in plotting a graph in C++ without using graphics or "graphics.h"in c++...... help me please....
[2 replies] Last: friend i have to make simple graph using two variables x and y .......... (by Nouman Shehzad)
i am writing a program on statistics but dont seem to see where my errors are

#include "stdafx.h" #include "array1.h" #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cmath> #include <fstream> using namespace std; void main() { //declar...
[5 replies] Last: thanx alot for your response i am very new to this but i will use all... (by lubzy95)
by Caruso
c++ institute exam

question to all of my friends. Did anyone of you did the c++ institute CPA exam and pass? If so how did you do it? I did the exam twice. The first time ro...
[2 replies] Last: I knew cppinstitute was bad, I didn't know it was that bad! (by Cubbi)
Search for Struct item & display Struct

I have an assignment which is almost complete, but I can't seem to identify how to find one item in a struct, and display the total struct contents associated w...
[2 replies] Last: You haven't shown the declaration for activity, although you imply it ... (by AbstractionAnon)
by logana
Question about returning values.

Below is a basic example of returning a value. My question; is there a way to send multiple values back. Say X = 2 and Y = 5. Could I send back both using the r...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=logana]Ashertech- I will give that a go now and see if it works... (by AbstractionAnon)
Question with returns in bool

Hello guys, i have a question about "if" in one line. the idea of the function is to return the value if the sentence has or not characters. Because in if like ...
[2 replies] Last: Thx a lot :). (by Elgarbo)
parsing incoming strings

If my following line input is "Home: test me" I am trying to write a sscanf to skip everything up to a specific character in this case a ':' and the final out...
[2 replies] Last: If you really want to use the old C.... #include <stdio.h> #include ... (by Thomas1965)
by Amod8
How to return from callback function?

I want to return something from messagearrived and receive that value in main function. How can I achieve this? typedef int(*messagehandler)(int); int su...
[1 reply] : Something like this? # include <iostream> using messagehandler = int... (by mbozzi)
by arbwok
Unsure why convolution matrix index is incorrect

So I'm suppose to make a convolution matrix. An 8x8 and a 3x3 to make a 6x6. What I'm planning to do was find the sum of the 3x3 and multiply the sum of the 8x8...
[1 reply] : Hello arbwok, When I found your post it was green checked which tells... (by Handy Andy)
by rcast
My learning projects on github

I learned c++ in this forum and saved a lot of the exercises and coding activities I did based on this forum. I put all of those learning sessions on github. Do...
[no replies]
Can't find the error!

My professor has written this code on the board and everyone was able to run it but me. When I use Visual Studio it gives me this error: "Unhandled exception ...
[1 reply] : i have the same problem, please help me solver (by lhthe)
Invalid initialization of non-const reference of type

I get the following error while I try menu.insert(1, "Iced tea with lemon"); where menu is the Menu object. I have checked everything regarding Text.cpp which ...
[6 replies] Last: Hi, IMO, this line should be void Menu::insert(const int index, co... (by TheIdeasMan)
May 2017 Pages: 123456... 24
  Archived months: [apr2017] [jun2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.