Beginners - May 2018 (Page 2)

by gdz98
array displayed through recursive function and loop

Hi guys, I m going through chapther 15 of jumping into C++, and the 2nd exercise says : "Write a recursive function that takes an array and display the element...
[5 replies] Last: @gdz98 1. Use dummy data and solve a simple version of the problem. Y... (by icy1)
by zapshe
What Kind Of Coding Is This?

Hi, I saw this video and was wondering what kind of coding was used. I assumed it was C++ based when I saw the syntax. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzedMd...
[6 replies] Last: ethanscott , it's better to start a new thread for this. (by kbw)
Function that jumbles string

I have to write a function that takes a string as an input and displays a jumbled version of that string. I've asked user input for the string already in the ma...
[3 replies] Last: Pass the string by value to the function (the function gets a copy of ... (by JLBorges)
by gdz98
Deleting elements from a linked list

Hi guys I m practicing with this problem : "Write a program to remove an element from a linked list; the remove function should take just the element to be r...
[16 replies] Last: ok guys thanks everybody for your time and help.... now I ve finally m... (by gdz98)
by jony11
Function prototype

write the program with fuction prototype,calling and definition.Fuction should return sum and quantity of those array element that are less than X.FUcktion mucs...
[6 replies] Last: #include<iostream> using namespace std; void myFunction(int A , int,... (by Manga)
most essential algorithms?

Hello guys so a question,what algorithms do you think are the most useful to know off the top of your head,I know many if not most algorithms have already been ...
[5 replies] Last: well, yes :) one way that you would write new, interesting code that ... (by jonnin)
Allocating memory

hey guys,I am reading an article which I will post below, https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/4795/C-Standard-Allocator-An-Introduction-and-Implement it ...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=adam2016]Why can't you pass sizeof(A) to new in real C++? I di... (by tpb)
Need help making an image the background for the window created by my c++ program

I am very new to C++. This is my code thus far, it's messy because I have tried so many things I have found online to try and make an image, which is titled glo...
[3 replies] Last: @FurryGuy it does compile. As for why, it's because I am trying differ... (by aseagle)
Need help for my homework

by input x & n : +(x/1!)-(x^2/2!)+(x^3/3!)- ... (x^n/n!) = ? I do it without 'n' but I don't know how limit above series. #include <iostream> usi...
[5 replies] Last: It's more influenced by how I would evaluate polynomials, @tpb. Usuall... (by lastchance)
by grjr02
Ifstream, Functions, Arrays

Hello. Im trying have a program read values from an outside file and put those values into an array using a second function. I'm not sure the right method to ca...
[3 replies] Last: Hello grjr02, After working with your program there are a couple of t... (by Handy Andy)
Input a string and change lower case vowels to upper case

I need to change the vowels to uppercase. But dont know how to do it with only vowels.. Example Input: Hello World Example Output: HEllO WOrld #include <io...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cctype> bool is_vowe... (by JLBorges)
program exits after fgets()?

Hi guys my program seems to exit pretty much terminates after I enter the username I type in Adam,the program stalls for a while then just terminates, any ...
[6 replies] Last: I had my doubts it would work as str in myString class is a char * wh... (by Peter87)
Help

Hi. I need help with a doubly linked list. I want to make a list with 10 nodes and the first node to be linked with the nodes 2,3 and 4. And after i made the l...
[1 reply] : "doubly linked list" means that a node in such list knows both the pre... (by keskiverto)
Magic Square Help

The goal of my assignment is to make a 'Magic Square' with sixteen user input integers. the actual prompt is, "Magic squares. An n x n matrix that is filled ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you tpb for the assist. (by DeathShaman1)
Unexpected exit from do-while loop

Can someone explain me why i have unexpected exit form function arraySort() at the end of 1 loop? Visual studio debuger wont show any errors My task i...
[2 replies] Last: Found my problem :) while (counter != 0); //if counter = 1 exit mus... (by celmlauzis)
Bubble sort to stack

I need to change my bubble sort (void stekas) to something called stack. Thing is that in file there are numbers and I need to sort them to rising order. I did ...
[3 replies] Last: Like this: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <stack> #i... (by Thomas1965)
Array minimum

I need to exclude the minimum of the 4 test scores that are inputted so that the output average is without it. #include <iostream> using namespace std;...
[6 replies] Last: Hello iRatedRetro, Just to help you along we know that the code for i... (by Handy Andy)
by Ganado
Overload resolution - class member vs non-member

From a conversation in a different thread with adam2016, I realized I don't understand why standard is choosing one seemingly ambiguous overload over another. I...
[5 replies] Last: thanks Jl :) (by adam2016)
The wonder of memory limitation

i tried to use malloc to allocate memory to int array but the array seems never be fulled, it is so werid! I just allocated 1 sizeof(int) to the array,should th...
[1 reply] : You are accessing memory that is outside the memory block that you hav... (by keskiverto)
by maryt
C-Circular List - push-delete-traversal

Below , there is a function for inserting data into a node of a circular list. Can u please help me create a delete function for the circular list by providing ...
[1 reply] : static void push(node *head, int v) { node *temp = (node*)malloc... (by nuderobmonkey)
May 2018 Pages: 1234... 19
  Archived months: [apr2018] [jun2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.