Beginners - November 2016 (Page 2)

Couldn't figure out a way to make a functional fstream

Sorry I am just a beginner at C++! I wanted to print movie tickets which will include name, the movie selected and the movie timeslot! :C But having trouble as ...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/ Try this tutorial. There... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Remove Duplicate Characters from Strings in an Array

I am trying to remove the duplicate characters from strings in an array. The strings were read from a file. I had it output the array and that part I am success...
[4 replies] Last: Removing duplicate characters from a string. #include <iostream> #i... (by boost lexical cast)
Keylogger output file

Currently mucking around with a keylogger. Looking at a few examples, I was just wondering, but why does this keylogger print the keystroke as a string here: ...
[2 replies] Last: key_stroke is an int but is treated as a string. The programmer is a... (by coder777)
Randomizing sprite drawing in SFML

I have a spritesheet 900x100 pixels. Each 100x100 pixel block is a shape. I store it using sf::IntRect into an array of sprites with each sprite being a separat...
[3 replies] Last: I have another related question: Shape .setPosition(sf::Vector2f(192... (by ArmenHeat)
by wolfv
push_back() value into vector of vectors

How to push_back() value into vector of vectors? this gets compile error on line 16: #include <vector> #include <iostream> int main() { std::vector<std:...
[4 replies] Last: Yes I know; I started example data with "1" to avoid missing leading z... (by wolfv)
by kmce
Delete an outfile

I am trying to delete an outfile, Ive never really used the inFile outFile stuff before, so not sure if this would actually work or not. Is this a way of actual...
[6 replies] Last: working, thanks a lot :) (by kmce)
by KD6NRP
Reading a Value from a Text File

Hello: I would like to know how to read a value (for example, 7.050) from the text file: C:\test\FreqData.txt and assign the value from the file to t...
[6 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5837639/eof-bad-practice (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Not getting Errors but keep getting BreakPoint

Hello, I am new to C++ programming, use this site everyday when coding and it is very helpful. I can usually search and find my issues but this time I can not. ...
[3 replies] Last: Only the first line needs to be changed. This is because new nee... (by mbozzi)
Can't find the bug. Please help me.

The error message is: ..\Playground\: In function 'int main()': ..\Playground\:105:14: error: expected '}' before 'else' }else{ ...
[1 reply] : This is why I prefer Allman style indentation over K&R or its variants... (by gunnerfunner)
double input

My program seems to input the last line of my file twice. is there some way of stopping this from happening? the following are my input and output files da...
[2 replies] Last: I was planning to run a function that sorts the string array but i can... (by awesomesause)
Word Scrambler, works but not 100% could use some pointers

So I decided to make a little word scrambler as one of my first little starter projects. It works, but I keep missing something that will recognize when the us...
[2 replies] Last: thank you. int main() { string originalword,str,hint... (by chris213)
by Chotai
Simple store ordering assignment giving memory read errors.

This code should display an inventory for a user to enter a corresponding value to an item and make an order, and end the order after a set stop sequence. For s...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you!! That fixed it! (by Chotai)
by suppa
Proving log(n)

I need help mathmatically proving that a function is Olog(n). I know that 0(n) is linear search. But how would i go about proving a function like this. -Hash...
[3 replies] Last: What if the input is 1000 times longer? (by keskiverto)
by logana
Curly brace scandol!

Hi there I'm Logan a beginner in C++, I would like to ask what are the working rules for curly braces. I've got an example below: int main() { int scor...
[13 replies] Last: case labels are goto labels, you can goto them You can't goto ca... (by mbozzi)
by tNK
Question about setting string

Under the setName string function. Why is it that if I put test = name instead of name = test It would show nothing? #include <iostream> #include <stri...
[2 replies] Last: Oh thank you so much. So I was passing the value into test and which l... (by tNK)
Reading from Text File to Array

Lets say my text file looks like this. POS/DATE 1 2 3 A 40 11 16 B 30 12 17 C 20 13 18 D 10 14 19 E 90 15 20 There are 6 ROWS and 4 COLUMNS. Please note that ...
[8 replies] Last: @Chervil, i finally got it. What @ coder777 and you told worked. Read ... (by anpkcpsc)
My member function is not giving an output. Inheritance is involved. How can I fix that?

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Shape { public: Shape() { ID = ""; name = ""; height = 0; width = 0; ...
[4 replies] Last: Line 90: You call getArea(), but you ignore the returned value. As ... (by AbstractionAnon)
NEED HELP ASAP - Runtime question

I have a question for this assignment that I need completed by tonight and i'm stuck! I'm getting an error in compiling at the t1.setTime1() function. Thanks...
[1 reply] : Line 11 a parameter t3 of type clock_t is used void setTime1( clo... (by Chervil)
Vigenere Cipher w/o using ascii Codes :-)

I finally got it! It's extremely messy, but I did a vigenere cipher without using ASCII codes! w00t! I was told on another post that using the ascii codes for ...
[3 replies] Last: JLBorges, Thanks for the suggestions! I'm trying to relearn and pract... (by TimmyFangs)
Putting strings into an array from a file

I'm trying to write the program to read strings into an array. I used the code to see if the file was opening and it did not indicate that it failed(I have sinc...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. This worked (by apendris140)
November 2016 Pages: 1234... 44
  Archived months: [oct2016] [dec2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.