Beginners - November 2016 (Page 42)

switch metric

i need to do a conversion using the metric system and I'm having trouble inputing the proper format for a switch statement. please help #include <iostream...
[no replies]
Menu Help

Everything used to work except my menu part, I am not sure what is wrong. I just want the menu to run once because I have to add more functions after this code....
[2 replies] Last: Can you fix it? Idk what that means? (by unknown3112)
input file and array?

need help i cant figure this out, my teacher wants us to read this in from a file: TFFTTTFTFTFFTTFTTTFF ALU76359 TFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTF CPU98563 TFFTTTFTFTFFTT...
[1 reply] : Well, it depends what you actually want to do. Do you want to mark th... (by lastchance)
How to continue and exit program in void function

I'm wanting to continue from current function onto the next one using appropriate input, I am also wanting to exit the program entirely through appropriate inpu...
[3 replies] Last: If you want to loop back, you must have some kind of loop implementati... (by BobMorane)
by RileyB
nope

nope
[no replies]
howManyA's function

I am a very beginner to coding, and do not speak English that well, forgive me. I am trying to make a code that will ask user for test score, print average, and...
[3 replies] Last: Thank all of you, I think it looks good. i will still test a few more ... (by malibumilk)
Bool Function Switch Validation

Hi guys, I'm working on a project and I've hit a roadblock. In specific, I'm trying to validate user input VIA a Boolean function. There's a myriad of ways this...
[no replies]
Addressbook(Edit and Delete)

Hi can i ask how to put Edit and Delete here! i tried to but it only Delete or Edit the last entry :( Please Help Thanks <3 im noob :( #include <iostream> ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks you very much :) so i need to pay more attention on assignment... (by tupas1998)
Overloading, I need help understanding

I don't know how to make the user choose which operation such as (+, -, *, / etc) he'd like to perform on the 2 objects #include <iostream> using namespa...
[1 reply] : Ask the user for the operator then use a switch statement: cha... (by AbstractionAnon)
Array name

There are two arrays, for example: int pt1 ={1,2,3}; char pt2 ={'R','u','s','s','i','a'}; As I understand pt1 is the memory address of pt1 . The same res...
[2 replies] Last: pt2 does not differ from pt1 except for the type. Everything that you ... (by coder777)
by elle88
Finding an Incremental Consecutive Hex Pattern

I am trying to make a state machine that recognizes 2 patterns: 4 consecutive inputs that are the same (1111 or FFFF) and 4 consecutive inputs that are incremen...
[1 reply] : This is not a state machine. But first of all your input is wrong. Sin... (by coder777)
by louser
Quiz Program

Hi all, I am having an issue with compiling my quiz program. Could you all take a look at it? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstre...
[4 replies] Last: Cire, Thank you for the quick lesson! I see what I did, I forgot to a... (by louser)
Why doesn't this test function work?

I think the problem resides in 'E' but I'm not sure why, #include <iostream> using namespace std; void test (int, int, double&, double&, char&); int ...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; void test (int, int, doubl... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Creating class with default constructor + constructor with parameter

I need to create a class (named: Lamp) with a default constructor, a constructor with parameters for each data member, and the following public data members: "...
[5 replies] Last: You could rewrite your parameterized constructor to be similar to your... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
alternatives for fgets?

Hey fellas. i want to know if there is an alternative for fgets This is what i have. For some reaseon i tried cin getline no luck i was wondering if there is a...
[7 replies] Last: Just because a program compiles with no errors doesn't mean it is corr... (by jlb)
c ++

Hi, thanks in advance for your help. I am working on my pseudocode as much as the syntax of the language. This is a very simple program but when I run it. It g...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks to everyone for your help. (by drummer7771212)
5 Ways You can Learn Programming Faster

1. Look at the Example Code Reading is usually about the words on the page, but learning to program is about code. When you're first learning to program, you s...
[no replies]
Error implicit declaration of function "int to_string()"

We developed a tic-tac game in our class and for some reason I keep getting error when I run the program and I don't know how to overcome it! #include <i...
[1 reply] : it says sstream isn't a recognizable library When you need to ask a... (by mbozzi)
[HELP] Linked List memory leak, broken destructor

There is something that I am not understanding about destructors of singly linked lists. When I have my destructor set as the code below, I have memory leaks. ...
[2 replies] Last: The circumstances where you should call a destructor manually are very... (by cire)
C++ string functions

I need help fixing the errors in this program. It is just demonstrating the five C++ functions: length, = (string copy), + (concatenate), == (comparison, and fi...
[6 replies] Last: I'm still having problems with the operators in my copy and concatena... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
November 2016 Pages: 1... 4041424344
  Archived months: [oct2016] [dec2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.