Beginners - November 2016 (Page 43)

Problem with displaying

Hello so I'm trying to get this to run but I can't seem to find the problem. I need to get the function to work when they type in a letter but none of them disp...
[1 reply] : int result = rand() % 5; switch (result) { case'A': 'A' is a c... (by xismn)
help me analyzing the code

So I was studying overloading operator and case study in the book has this code. Help me analyzing the code. (Ex. what's going to happen on line #) ostr...
[2 replies] Last: But you should never program this, as it is part of the standard libr... (by keskiverto)
How do I learn about GUI making

Hi, I need a GUI for a program that I'm coding but don't really know where to start. Are their any good tutorials available for learning how to make GUI's?
[1 reply] : ... clickety clack gui crap ... A gUI is an UI. User Interface. Som... (by keskiverto)
Program just displays all outputs and doesnt seem to execute code

Im not sure what im missing, or if i have something out of order. Were supposed to write a program that asks the user to enter a file name of a Random text file...
[3 replies] Last: Figured it out, I didnt have the text file in the program folder... Th... (by adeclue)
Trouble with using if else.

Hey guys, i was assigned to determine which area is larger depending on what the user inputs by using a if statement we just learned this in class and i have so...
[3 replies] Last: I don't quite understand what you mean, give an example. (by Igor Akimov)
OK, I admit I thought I had it!

This thing is killing me. I cannot get the thing to read into the variables for my class. This stinking thing is due by Wednesday and I am very stuck, probably ...
[16 replies] Last: Thanks again, I think you might have solved the rest of my issues. Wel... (by dragonfly95670)
by g37s
find nth prime issue

I ran into some trouble trying to find the nth prime number. Help! #include<iostream> using namespace std; int isPrime (int num) { int nPrime = num...
[3 replies] Last: Why the double post? -> confusing. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/begi... (by Nico)
by g37s
find nth prime number

Write your question here. Hi all, I am trying to test weather a number is prime, then find the nth prime number.I am stuck. Please help!
[5 replies] Last: Why the double post? -> confusing. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/begi... (by Nico)
Middle word

Can anyone give me a hint to count middle symbols of a sequence from a file?
[3 replies] Last: I would like to suggest two things: 1. show the code that you made you... (by Nico)
SFML didn't work

hello everyone I wanted to link SFML(2.3.2) files with my visual c++ 2010 express I took a version of SFML that is compatable with my compiler and followed ...
[1 reply] : any one want to help (by EgyptianCoder)
by kmce
string overload error?

I am trying to use a string so I can add a persons name but i keep getting an overload error? class Character { public: Character(string Name); ...
[13 replies] Last: Oh i missread what you wrote, Just noticed you said parameters. (by kmce)
by awkedd
Number of last "0" digits??

Hello! I have to create a function that returns the number of "0" digits at the end of the number n! . for example, zerof(6)=1 , because 6!=720 and there is on...
[8 replies] Last: Hmm, I can't count properly. Unique prime factorisation gives extra z... (by lastchance)
Input redirection vs keyboard input display

I have a for loop that takes in user input and it displays on a new line, however with input redirection, everything prints on the same line for example if i m...
[no replies]
by fsfh60
Array with String

Hello guys, I am working on an assignement but very confused why I am getting these error : 20 expected primary-expression before ']' token 45 declarati...
[1 reply] : Line 6: Must be const. Line 11: Under what conditions do you think ... (by AbstractionAnon)
implementing rot13

Hi, I have to write a programm that reads a text from one .txt translates it using rot13 and writes the new text into another .txt file i have to use rot13 thi...
[7 replies] Last: As I pointed out in my first post, you're going to have problems if yo... (by AbstractionAnon)
difference of function call with reference or directly with variable

Hi guys, during my homework, it appeared a question which I couldn't answer with my friends or with searching in google. I wrote a small example to get strai...
[2 replies] Last: I think your example should probably be more like this: #include <io... (by Nico)
assignment & copy constructor

I've created a class called StringBad based on chapter 11 of C++ Primer. The purpose of the class is to experiment with the copy and assignment constructors:...
[1 reply] : stringbad.cpp line 32: len is 0. You want s.len (or move line 34 bef... (by AbstractionAnon)
Pseudocode

I am trying to get the Main module to this question and how to input the validation but I am lost. I will show you the solution I did but it is still missing in...
[4 replies] Last: It is unusual to see you make mistakes, to be honest. On the other ... (by Arslan7041)
Weird Unintelligible Error: `app` was not declared in this scope

OK, now I am experiencing compilation errors. Again. But the guide I'm following right now is the guide for gtkmm version 3.20 and 3.18. Both examples from both...
[3 replies] Last: > This is the error I get from g++ and gcc Compile with C++11 enabled... (by JLBorges)
Line/Text Justification using strings

Howdy, y'all, I was wondering if anyone could lend a hand with an assignment I've been working on for over a week now. What we have to do is, using a string...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string> #include <ve... (by lastchance)
November 2016 Pages: 1... 41424344
  Archived months: [oct2016] [dec2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.