Beginners - November 2018 (Page 21)

by AL88
Why can't I show the string>

My book is asking me to debug some template code which is utter gibberish. I'm not including the original file but instead my attempt to turn it in to legible c...
[7 replies] Last: I never overloaded an operator with a template before can someone show... (by AL88)
by az1234
Calling void functions in main

Hi, I'm relatively new to programming and I'm trying to create a program where I make a function in a .cpp file and then call it in main. For this assignment, ...
[9 replies] Last: so I had to change my code a bit because I found out that string cat ... (by az1234)
[HELP] ATM algorithm and pseudo-code.

Write your question here. Hey folks, I've just started a CS class, and i need help with this material. I accept any feedback and advice to complete this asse...
[no replies]
Computer Repair

We guarantee our services! If we can't fix it you pay nothing!
[6 replies] Last: Posts from people who want to be hired is all okay.. but consider a po... (by Satan)
Bool Function not returning bool values?

This code that checks whether a certain point (x,y,z) object created by the point class exists within a sphere (point object, radius) object. I know the code wo...
[9 replies] Last: infinite1212 , boolalpha is a stream manipulator, read about it here:... (by closed account 1vRz3TCk)
error: cannot convert ‘int*’ to ‘std::vector<int, std::allocator<int> >*’ in initialization

I wrote a function to read all the elements in order from a binary search tree and then put them inside a vector, however I get an error at the line where I dec...
[3 replies] Last: For anyone still wondering I found the error to be the fact that I dec... (by h4ctor96)
by markec
How to make an app in C++ comptable with windows without compiler.

I am using Linux. I made a program but I don't know how to make an '.exe' app(or installer). Every time make an app I can't run it on windows without any C++ co...
[2 replies] Last: I tried to do it in virtual box windows and I made an installer with e... (by markec)
How do I present output neatly?

In line 7 and 15 I have purposefully put spaces so that the output answers aren't all squished. How do I ensure that all the answers come in a neat and equal s...
[2 replies] Last: I think you should be seeing the output... Once I figure out how to do... (by The Brahmnic Boy)
getline from file produces minor formatting error

I'm doing a basic assignment that involves reading strings and numerical values from a text file, and the resulting output must be aligned a certain way. Here's...
[4 replies] Last: Works like a dream. I did some further reading into ifstream::ignore. ... (by closed account ybSNAqkS)
Problem in Output (do-while loop, printing series of numbers)

Here's the question, Use while or do-while loop (you will ask user for the value till which he wants to print the series). - To display the numbers 9, 98, 99...
[2 replies] Last: It is a 64 bit Windows 10, with x64-based processor. As of compiler, I... (by redfury)
How Can I Fix Undefined Reference Error In Searching Program?

I have a homework assignment in which I do a linear search and a binary search. I am getting an error from the comparisons variable that calls the linearSearc...
[5 replies] Last: Yea, my dyslexia, is kicking in again. That's why I usually use protot... (by jlb)
Any suggestions ??

>So i'm working on this task,i have two codes(i prefer c++).The last function is missing in the first code. >Create a player filming program with features for:...
[4 replies] Last: Hello goshko2, After looking over all the code I would stay with the ... (by Handy Andy)
by darego
Basic linked list not working

Hi again guys, I am trying to get my head around a basic linked list. All the nodes will be a simple int data value. I am not sure if I implemented the 2 class...
[8 replies] Last: of course, the next node in the list! thanks man, very helpful (by darego)
Output for result is all correct except for the last one.

This is my first time posting on here and I consider myself extremely new to C++. After the math is done, the program lets you know which is the least. Well, wh...
[2 replies] Last: omg....thanks for that. I spent some time on this because I did not un... (by FattieFatFat)
What is a scene?

What is a new 'scene' in C++ game making terminology? And can you give two examples of two different scenes that could possibly be in a, for example, platfor...
[7 replies] Last: I guess it's possible that Menu and level 5 name scenes, but I've ... (by mbozzi)
by zotan
Help with std::accumulate

Hello friends, I'm wanting to translate the following code using td::accumulate, but I'm still confused with the syntax. Here is he code: unsigned int b...
[2 replies] Last: Absolutely perfect my friend. Thank you! (by zotan)
Help me to solve this code - Finding the Highest and Lowest

Write a program that lets the user enter the total rainfall for each of the 12 months into an array of doubles. The program should calculate and display the to...
[2 replies] Last: Your code looks fine, only when the first value is the lowest it puts ... (by Thomas1965)
by Satan
What's the difference between these ranged loops?

What's the difference between these ranged for loops and when is one used over the other and potential advantages? std::vector<int> v = {0, 1, 2, 3, 4...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot repeater! (by Satan)
Battleship - singleplayer

So I have most of the code written for battleship but now I need to actually implement the code in the main file and dont know where to start. Any Advice? ...
[10 replies] Last: Ah I see! (by closed account 367kGNh0)
by AL88
Why can't I make the object?

I get an error at the build stage "undefined reference to LIST<int>::~List" I'm trying to learn about templates and my book asked me to make the class into a t...
[6 replies] Last: When you write this in the declaration: virtual ~List(); you're pr... (by Repeater)
November 2018 Pages: 1... 192021222324
  Archived months: [oct2018] [dec2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.