Beginners - November 2018 (Page 23)

LNK2019 error that I can't figure out how to resolve

In my program, I am trying to create a program that places randomly generated integers in to a vector and then bubble sorts them. When I try to build the file I...
[7 replies] Last: If you remove pch.h then you need to set Pre-compiled header to "Not U... (by Thomas1965)
Visual Studio editor thinks that my declared vector is actually a declared function

I am trying to create a class that, when instantiated in to an object, will place a number of randomly generated elements in to a vector. Right off the bat, the...
[6 replies] Last: Took your advice, CodeMonkey. I looked up member initialization in my ... (by vaderboi)
by m2020
how to split a square into smaller squares with equal size?

My question is if we have fixed size square how can we partition it to have say 4 or 25 smaller squares? square partitioning: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1...
[4 replies] Last: if you need to test the code above and this function to class Square_g... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
function

i'm trying to display the first n numbers on the screen using function, i believe i did everything but it doesn't work what is wrong with this code?? #inclu...
[1 reply] : printAllIntegers doesn't return anything, so you can't "cout" it's ret... (by tpb)
Multiple defintion

I'm working on my first multi file project and I'm getting multiple definition error on all my methods in one of my source files. g++ -c HuffTree.cpp [jk...
[8 replies] Last: We haven't seen testHuff1.cpp, either. I wanted to look at a zip of th... (by tpb)
Tic-Tac-Toe victory checker that scales with the table

HI, I'm having trouble making a victory checker that scales up or down with the table size automatically. It's suppose to have 4 check one on the horizontal, on...
[1 reply] : It seems overly complicated (what is a "win requirement?"). Here's a s... (by tpb)
Type Conversion Error

Hi. I'm working on making a program for generating Huffman code. I'm using my version of a priority queue, which has already been tested. I'm getting a conversi...
[3 replies] Last: findMin is returning a HuffNode but you are accepting it into a HuffNo... (by tpb)
my simple code not working and it seems Im blind

I found a code like this on the internet and compared it to mine, saw he added & so I did too, but still not working, I tried his and his is working but mine no...
[2 replies] Last: well Im stupid, thanks :) (by jeffery)
by Tduck
Note: Containing loop

This code compiles and runs, outputs what I want, but still produces an error. From what I understand this is undefined behavior, but to me this all seems pret...
[4 replies] Last: Yes Actually, you can do better. Each pass puts another "sorted" one ... (by lastchance)
While loop catching error that isn't there?

I have a validation loop that's supposed to check that a string is an integer, and it works the first time I run through the bigger sentinel loop, but in each i...
[3 replies] Last: thank you so much! (by lillied)
File Reading and Sorting

I am trying to read a file with three columns and 1,000,000 rows of data and display the highest and lowest value along with its associated time and ampere. I a...
[10 replies] Last: Yes it is the first line in the text file, but I confused as to why I... (by jlb)
my bubble_sort doesn't work correctly

I have here a Bubble Sort algorithm implemented, from pseudo code from this site: http://faculty.cs.niu.edu/~hutchins/csci241/sorting.htm But the last elemen...
[4 replies] Last: Thx, what a lapse, I could't even interpret some pseudo code ;) (by nuderobmonkey)
OpenGL32-d.lib Not found

I have downloaded a Visual Studio project file from YouTube in hopes of editing and deciphering to help get started with SFML and OpenGL. The entire project fol...
[5 replies] Last: Glad to help. Jpeg is ... interesting in and of itself, and also wher... (by jonnin)
Quick Sort Method in C

Hey, so I had to implement a quick sort method I found online into my existing code. Got it compiled and for some of the values it does sort but not all. I was ...
[6 replies] Last: Regardless of which sorting algorithm you use, it would make sense to ... (by lastchance)
Segmented sieve(Sigfpe)

Finally understood segmented sieve and made it work. But on spoj I am getting sigfpe. I can't figure out why this is happening. Question link: https://www.spoj...
[5 replies] Last: After using bool nothing is coming in output :( #include<iostream> #... (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
Problems during validation set and source file not compiled

Problem (1) Hello. Everytime I open up Dev-C++, it states the following problems were found during validation of compiler set "TDM-GCC 4.9.2 32-bit Debug": an...
[1 reply] : Is that where your program is installed ? Uninstall and re-install it ... (by SamuelAdams)
Printing a Dimond patteren with numbers

Hi I'm new to programming I had to complete a task to print a diamond with numbers i did all the logic's but cant seem to figure out the spacing it dosen't make...
[1 reply] : First, if you use code tags and format your code you'll get a response... (by SamuelAdams)
Need help with running a program.

I have to run a program that has a total of three files. //A header file. Student.h //A cpp file. Student.cpp //A main file. main.cpp My professor did men...
[4 replies] Last: Read: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/Gw6AC542/ http://www.cplusplus... (by keskiverto)
by MrV
Setting vectors sieze

hello, how do i set the size of vector in the class, that later i could assing value 0 to it using constructor, Its a task from the book: The class should prov...
[5 replies] Last: Note that you probably can't return the actual number from fullNumber(... (by dhayden)
Cpp VCL: How to use TCustomDBGrid::Options?

Hi I have a TDBGrid::DBGrid1, Im trying to change its options property TCustomDBGrid::Options via code, not interface. image: https://i.imgur.com/Ha0J2Nj.png W...
[no replies]
November 2018 Pages: 1... 21222324
  Archived months: [oct2018] [dec2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.