Beginners - October 2014 (Page 5)

by yamin
Very new student of C++

I've just started C++. is there anyone who is going to help me with simple simple projects. Thank you! :)
[1 reply] : That's what this forum is for. When you have a problem, ask us. Ther... (by Esslercuffi)
creating vectors from vectors.

Sorry for the confusing title. The question I am having is that say I have a vector that has 100 elements. (int from 0-100) and I want to create 10 new vecto...
[5 replies] Last: Well, for finding the vector with the largest size, you know there are... (by Ispil)
I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA why syntax error

Anyone see mistake ? #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int month, day, year; cout<<"Please enter a month"; cin>>month; if(...
[2 replies] Last: With a bit of rigorous restructuring (as in, did nothing but added lin... (by Ispil)
c++ how should I fix this?

Write your question here. #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> using namespace std; int main() { double a...
[1 reply] : Try typecasting c to int. The syntax for a typecast is: typename(var... (by Ispil)
Recursions

Hey guys please help me i dont understand how recursion works. i understand that 5! 5*4 4*3 3*2 2*1 and then it returns the value of 1 and then starts back up ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes. (by Ispil)
by NOD32
Functions and loops, not getting desired output

This program is supposed to take input from getbottles function and return it based on what the user enters. When I compile, nothing happens. #include <...
[5 replies] Last: ok, made changes you suggested, programming works as intended. thanks! (by NOD32)
Exceeding array boundary

So my lab instructor told me I can rotate my function in a clockwise fashion by using modular within the array (see last 6 lines), thereby helping me move the e...
[1 reply] : Suppose k is 3 and n is 6. So the 1st array element should have 4th ar... (by kepler)
Problem with my looping?

Not sure whats going on, this program lets me consistantly put input in witout outputting anything. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip> ...
[2 replies] Last: Me too! thank you for your help have a good day (by vandat2508)
by BB2921
Function Names not matching?

I'm trying to write a program and it has to put quiz values into an array, one requirement is to build a separate function to build the initial array. I made th...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cmath> #include <str... (by anup30)
Need help with strings and if statments.

Hi, I am new here and I am trying to learn C++. I am trying to use if statements to switch between different ouptuts when the string in argument 3 is chosen. I ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you so much. (by C add add)
by HPfats
Learning Objects in C++, Lines, Circles, cwin graphics, objects.

Beginner here, just joined this site. Need some help if I can get it. I'll keep this short. SO, I need to modify this program to have a "thicker" line, by h...
[no replies]
Need help with Containers

I need help on creating a container in an already working program. What I already have is a poker hand stating that I have three numbers that the user inputs th...
[1 reply] : What I really have so far #include "Tools.h" #include<iostream> #in... (by angryplayer557)
Trying to stop this endless loop

It just stays in an endless loop, and i though my > statement would end the loop. Any suggestions are welcomes, thank you all in advance for trying to help! ...
[3 replies] Last: it happens to the best of us. (by Esslercuffi)
stack trouble

Hello everyone, I find myself stuck with stacks. Say I enter "racecar" and "RACECAR" (not necessarily equal)... basically, I must compare stacks that include...
[no replies]
Silly question but how can I output just one quotaton mark inside a string literal?

I would like to know how it's possible to output a quotation mark inside a string literal? For example: " " ". Every time I try to do this, codeblocks thinks th...
[1 reply] : cout << " \" \n"; characters which can not normally be placed inside... (by Esslercuffi)
Homework check

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #define N 8 int main() { int pole ; int q,i; do { printf("Zadajte max %d prvkov pola\n"...
[2 replies] Last: Felt the need to do it. partially just cause i wanted to look at the c... (by Antone333)
confused with arrays

I am a complete beginner so bare with me please. (problem) Write a program that aks the user for a file name. Assume the file contains a series of numbers, eac...
[no replies]
Question about reference in c++

So I'm working on an extra assignment for class right now and the other day we learned about references in c++. I'm supposed to take 3 separate functions from a...
[1 reply] : on line 7 you prototype the function getvalues as taking 3 floats, but... (by geniusberry)
How do I repeat this?

How would i repeat this code? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { double celsius; double fahrenheit; cout<<"The degrees ...
[1 reply] : what do you mean by repeat? If you want it to loop, you would use a wh... (by geniusberry)
October 2014 Pages: 1... 34567... 70
  Archived months: [sep2014] [nov2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.