Beginners - October 2014 (Page 3)

Help to find if massive is symmetrical

Hi, can some1 help me, with writting a program, which needs to find out if massive is simmetrical, for ex 1 2 2 1, 1 2 3 3 2 1, and etc I know all functions lik...
[10 replies] Last: i need to use fstream, read numbers from file, im not using array, wel... (by khrusty)
First Card Shuffling Program

Hello Everyone, I am trying to get this Card Shuffling and Dealing program working. I am having an issue with my moreCards(), dealCard() functions and how to...
[1 reply] : Here is the main Program code right now. #include "stdafx.h" #includ... (by mvavrock)
remove _ from input file

Hi how are you all , i have an input files that contains string like this =========================================================== input.txt 03_20_18 6B...
[5 replies] Last: ooooooooooooh know i remeber what should i do hhhhh i forget to put c... (by mohammed1112)
Problem with if statement

This code is for class. It is supposed to ask the user if they want advice and then provide them with a random cliche sentence. The program runs, but even if th...
[2 replies] Last: Should not these two be the same? cin >> answer; if (response == "yes... (by admkrk)
by BB2921
Array Sorting?

trying to write a function that sorts an array in ascending order but whenever I run the function in the main it does not sort. Can anyone see anything wrong wi...
[5 replies] Last: nice. A nearly perfect example of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selec... (by Esslercuffi)
Nested Loop Perfromance

How would I improve the performance here? This is the takeEquilibrium problem. I want to take multiple points on a tape, find the absolute difference of the...
[2 replies] Last: If you sort the vector first then the items that are less on the ones ... (by dhayden)
Closed

Thanks that helped.
[1 reply] : You haven't defined any constructors that take an argument. Lines 59-6... (by booradley60)
Generating random numbers

My homework requires me to generate 30 random numbers between the range of 0 - 9. My problem is the following; I need to show which number appears the mos...
[3 replies] Last: You misunderstand. Your 'FindMaxMin()' function is trying to display t... (by Duthomhas)
Would like clarification please

I am very new to C++ (and very old in age); I just need to get a couple of simple explanations for a few things. 1. what does the following do? Why/how is i...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks to all - I think I will be going back to VS2013 (by dgriffin66)
Not sure what I am doing

the assignment is: Revise the public method getFrenquencyof in the class LinkedBag so that it is RECURSIVE. I think I have the beginning and need to know wher...
[no replies]
Leftist heap merging is VERY slow

My implementation of a skew heap builds 50,000 items in a few milliseconds, but my leftist heap takes several seconds. It's behaving properly when I trace t...
[no replies]
by anely
Tricky One For Me may be simple to others

Write your question here. Trying to get the user to type in there Name and a score and I output the grades of all the students ! Please help. How do I go ...
[5 replies] Last: Tried that one it does not work might need to do a do while loop but t... (by anely)
by Ch1156
Best book to learn the C++ STL?

I am reading a few books to improve my C++ and one of them mentions the STL and how its so big that entire books have been written on it, i'd like to learn that...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cprogramming.com/c++book/?inl=sb (by Skai182)
Having trouble getting started

I have a homework assignment, which is listed below, and for some reason I just cannot think of how to start writing this code. Any help would be appreciated. ...
[1 reply] : Why not start with the very first bit: For a number N input by the u... (by MikeyBoy)
switch statements, doesn't execute and goes straight to default =[

Why does it execute default statement when one of the cases has been entered ? #include <iostream> using namespace std; #include<cmath> int main() { ...
[3 replies] Last: @computergeek01 thank you so so so so so so so so so so so much! ;D (by leashbomb69)
C++ Prime numbers

So basically like anyone else here in the forum I've been having troubles coding this problem. A prime number is a number that has only two factors, that is ...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; bool isPrime(int); int ma... (by shadowCODE)
by drax
vector iteration

I made up some code for vector iteration but it is not what I wanted. From the example below, I would like to iterate through vector that is populated by inputs...
[no replies]
Can I combine a string array and a double array into a 2D array?

I currently trying to do this assignment and what I want to do is display the month with the corresponding integer that the user inputs from highest to lowest b...
[3 replies] Last: Cool, thanks for the reply. (by deathslice)
Library Database management system

I am writing a library database management system using c++ in Xcode on my mac. When i create a executable code from the source code using the command:g++ main...
[2 replies] Last: I can't put the program here because of the character limit. But this ... (by omkarborkar95)
I/O GPA Calculator -- Not Storing All of File

"Write a program that reads from a file a list of course names, letter grades for each course and number of credits each course is worth. The program will read ...
[4 replies] Last: Please! Anyone? Could you help me with what I have here? I am still s... (by supernoobjake)
October 2014 Pages: 12345... 70
  Archived months: [sep2014] [nov2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.