Beginners - October 2014 (Page 68)

radio button if condition

Hey guys, I have two radio buttons and one drop down menu (combobox) my aim is to make the program such that when radiobutton 1 is checked, the combobox s...
[3 replies] Last: ah right.. I'm sorry that i can't be of any more use as i've not done ... (by mutexe)
by k99
Operations and function

Are operations and function the same thing? Or what are the difference?
[4 replies] Last: The word 'operation' is being used in a very abstract high-level way i... (by mutexe)
Reading a series of 1's and 0's with ASCII

Last week I posted a question about this same problem thinking that I needed to do it one way, when in fact I need to somehow use ASCII. I learned from one o...
[14 replies] Last: I get that, but what is it doing? Edit: Never mind, I figured it out.... (by Ike4948)
by snx
inheritance

Currently I have this program that deals with sequence, inheritance,templates, and linked list. So my question is on the inheritance part. sequence4.h #ifnd...
[no replies]
Help with understanding incremented value result

Hey all, I am working on a research project about integer values. Incrementing them above range, and then decrementing them below range. I've got the basic c...
[3 replies] Last: > we are all very stumped by the result when we increment beyond the m... (by JLBorges)
Changing monthly payment to match balance

Hello! First time poster, and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what to do at the end of this assignment. The whole point is that I am constant...
[1 reply] : so if i understand you then your trying to get you balance to 5000 and... (by freecody24)
Is variable declared inside loop a local variable?

I just wonder if I declared a variable inside loop like while and for, is this variable a local one inside this loop? E.g.: for (int i=0; i < 10; i++) { ......
[3 replies] Last: yes a gets initialized to zero each time that loop runs. Whatever is d... (by novellof)
Newbie in C++ and OOP

Hi, I'm very new to C++ and OOP. I would like to know if there are any suitable books/websites/etc that I can refer to, for the below-listed topics: - Int...
[4 replies] Last: Hi all, Thank you for the suggestions. Please keep them coming in..=... (by missjune)
by BigPun
Multiple Definition of 'string variable' Compiling error

I've been writing code just in main.cpp, but I wish to clean everything up and separate files into header as well as a definitions source file. I understand t...
[2 replies] Last: Welp, I fixed this one too. Wow. I worked on this for like 3 hours, on... (by BigPun)
Erasing with Vectors

I'm getting an assertation error when I try to compile this code. It's coming from the erase function regarding the vectors. What's going on? #include <io...
[1 reply] : Found my error. Problem in the for loop regarding the parameters. (by masschamber)
by BigPun
Compiling Error Problem: Could not conver string to bool

Here is the exact compiler error: error: could not convert 'user_input.std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::operator=<char, std::char_traits<char>, st...
[3 replies] Last: Ahhh. . . I see. Thank you so much! :) (by BigPun)
Result not as expected-- classes, getters, setters and switch.

Hi, I'm learning C++. I am trying to write a program to calculate the total surface area and volume of cuboids, spheres, cones and cylinders. The program is giv...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the advice everybody. Just to be clear, here is my interpre... (by ROCKRIDER50)
How can variables declared with enum be useful?

From my understanding, any variables that is declared inside the braces of enum has an internal integer value that is enumerated starting from 0 ,1, 2, 3, 4...(...
[2 replies] Last: ah I understand now, thank you (by SomeAmazingGuy)
Username and password

I am not a programmer by any means, but for my class we havto do this: Write a program that asks the user to create a username and password for a logon accou...
[1 reply] : bump? (by tonyd927)
by Kernul
Finding the max number

I'm doing the exercises in this topic: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/ The one I'm talking about is Pancake Glutton . (For now I'm doing the ex...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you! I'll exercise on those sorting methods. C: (by Kernul)
Hints with a code creation. (1,2)

Hey guys, I'm a young and upcoming potential programmer and while I am starting to understand the basics of C++, some things do still allude me greatly. I...
[20 replies] Last: A string is nothing more than an array of chars. Both of these are the... (by admkrk)
How do you convert input into an integer then display them as % (double ) ?

How do you convert input into an integer then display them as % (double ) ? For example, if user enters 89.4, the program prints out: Percentage: 89.4% ...
[6 replies] Last: Hi, Thank you very much, I understand it now. (by Tom01810)
Help with homework For Loop

Hey guys my H.W. asks me to write some code that, given a number n stored in an integer variable n, computes the product of all numbers less than or equal to n ...
[5 replies] Last: Ok I closed Codeblocks and re-opened it and the program works fine now... (by Computernoobx)
What is the difference between a Union and a data structure in c++?

I honestly see little difference between the two. Data structures are types and variables grouped together under a single name and each member type of the struc...
[4 replies] Last: I see, so do you think data structures are more useful than unions? u... (by MiiNiPaa)
question about getline()

I have a string which include numbers only, but the type is string. example: string1="12 52 36 14 26 36" and I want to get all the numbers into another array wh...
[2 replies] Last: thank you so much! I have fixed that problem ,thank you for your code (by woaibeiqi)
October 2014 Pages: 1... 6667686970
  Archived months: [sep2014] [nov2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.