Beginners - October 2014 (Page 69)

by wolfv
compile error: invalid use of template-name 'Row' without an argument list

Hi, Can anyone help figure out this compile error? #include <iostream> template< int N > //Non-type Template Arguments class Row { private: int...
[2 replies] Last: Well done MiiNiPaa! That took pulling together several concepts: polym... (by wolfv)
Need help working on Game of Life program

I have this template that the professor provided. But i am stuck at figuring out how to get the user to input numbers into the array and then how to build rules...
[no replies]
Simple heritage output

Updated Oct 1 at 3:13PM I want to make a program that uses inheritance. I basically just want my all the outputs in my classes to be displayed in my main fu...
[9 replies] Last: I don't mean to say my teacher doesn't just give me tips. I mean that... (by tamirat)
Program help, average of postive and negative numbers

I am writing a code and having some troubles with it, I got part of it down but I am not sure how to complete the rest. Below is the requirments Write a pro...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int ps=0, p... (by anup30)
Need help with a program

Write your question here. Hi everyone, I am very new to coding and i am in a c++ class that I am struggling in. We were assigned a rock, paper, scissors p...
[2 replies] Last: If I wanted to create a player 1 and a player 2, how would i set playe... (by iman972)
"struct has no member named..." Linked List

Hi there Making a linked list, and having trouble inserting the first element. Here's the part of the header file I'm working with. //... public funct...
[no replies]
by slovit
Help with switch case.. Where i go wrong

suppose to sow the total cost of apples from 4 types with tax.has to use switch case //David vitols #include <iostream> using namespace std; int ma...
[no replies]
Trouble running array through function

I'm pulling in data from a file and putting it into an array. I have that working fine, but from there I'm having issues compiling when I try to run it through ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks anup30 for the help! I tried running that and didn't get any o... (by josho493)
Little help on this please - very confused

Okay, so I'm a complete novice to c++, and am having a bit of an issue with this one particular program. I don't want the solution, I just want to know where I ...
[11 replies] Last: Hey I write a filehandler at 5. ;) If you ever need other help don't b... (by megatron 0)
by wmyser
How to include winsock (ws) library in Qt Application

I try to add winsock functionality in non-qt console app created in qt creator. My code #pragma comment(lib,"Ws2_32.lib") #include <winsock2.h> #incl...
[3 replies] Last: My bad. I used folder like C:\Users\[another user] in which I have not... (by wmyser)
retirement program

hello all. my task is to write a program that asks the user: how much money they will save per month what annual interest rate they hope to earn how man...
[3 replies] Last: the issue im trying to figure out is how to add up the total invested... (by AbstractionAnon)
by Jon15
calculating pi to requested accuracy?

Just getting blank screen, i feel something is out of order but not sure what. #include<iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<cmath> #include<string>...
[19 replies] Last: also, there are red lines under my 'system' 's, saying that it is amb... (by kbw)
by LuckyR
For loop not working as expected

So, I'm trying to write a simple for loop, that will cycle through the first 6 variables in an array. However, in the code below, it doesn't cycle them, unless ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, of course! Thanks! I knew I was misusing the for loop somehow. I... (by LuckyR)
by aa2233
input files?

I need to write a program that gets data from a specific line in an input file that has more than one line. each line has the following information: Firstname ...
[2 replies] Last: I find things like this easier when using a data structure. Firstnam... (by megatron 0)
by gnerpo
Pointers...! Argh!

Hi people, pointers are devil! Why this code compile and make a console crash? #include <iostream> using namespace std; class C{ public: ...
[4 replies] Last: I think his examples are for brushing up on his pointer knowledge, the... (by megatron 0)
Printing Asterisks Horizontally with user input

I want to write a code that takes user input and prints out asterisks horizontally matching with their input. I am clueless where to start. Any help would be gr...
[3 replies] Last: This sort of thing is platform-specific. http://www.cplusplus.com/arti... (by booradley60)
by vxk
reverse hex number

how can i make a swap function which reverses the hex number for example: input :0x 12 34 51 38 output :0x 38 51 34 12 i can swap numbers 2 at a time but pro...
[3 replies] Last: You guys are helpful and all, but don't you think that it would be bet... (by denormal)
problems in Array

I'm having problem here, i can't print out the 3rd - 5th day... i can only print the first 2 days.... how do i fix it? i changed practically almost everything. ...
[4 replies] Last: Oh Thanks! ^^ (by vampirenelf)
constructor

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class Calculator // practice constructor { int number1; int number2; int number3; public: Calc...
[6 replies] Last: and the second constructor which i initialized the number 3 and will ... (by mutexe)
Get Day From Date

hi If We Have Text File with This Time_t: text: 1412418803 I Want To Know How I must Get Day From this If I Convert Into tm* With this with times...
[no replies]
October 2014 Pages: 1... 67686970
  Archived months: [sep2014] [nov2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.