Beginners - October 2016 (Page 4)

dump question need help

for(i=65 , i<=90 , i++) Should be : for(i = 'a'; i <= 'z'; i++) No. print characters from a-z by ascii table
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by Givi
Airplane seating problem using arrays/strings

Program asks to assign seats on a small airplane that has 7 rows and 4 columns. after a seat has been selected by user input, an X is to appear in that spot and...
[9 replies] Last: Then both of you were wrong[/quote Really? And under what authority i... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Newbie code included need help

Hi Everyone this is what I have so far but below is how the output is supposed to have -20 and an extra current temperature what am i doing wrong? Duri...
[1 reply] : What is the problem? The code looks like it should work. I don't under... (by joe864864)
Need Some Guidance with Sorting, Linear Search, and Binary Search

Hello everyone. I hope you'll take it easy on me, as I'm pretty new to C++. I've been banging my head against the wall on this one for awhile now, and I'm hopin...
[2 replies] Last: Ohmylanta! Thank you so much! I knew it had to be something small. Is ... (by crowdiax25)
Trouble Calling A Validation Boolean Function

I am trying to write code that will validate whether a triangle is valid or not. I have to use three functions, two doubles and one bool. The problem is wheneve...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both for your help! I was able to use some of the things you... (by musicgirl484)
by kmce
Returning a pointer

I have a piece of code that im not 100% what it means. string* ptrToElemet(Vector<string>* const pVec, int i) Is this basically saying create a poin...
[9 replies] Last: Ah OK I'm getting it now. Thanks a lot for all your help. It has reall... (by kmce)
do while loop?

thnk u
[4 replies] Last: Here: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int nu... (by BHX)
"if" statement question

So, as you can see I don't have a whole lot of experience here (first thing I write in c++). What I'm trying to do here is compare each number in the fib. seque...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for everything, i'll check it out. (by DiazStg)
Is this legal? Or does it not work

I am making a program that gives grades to students in a class. Each student is to be created from a struct (can't use classes) The user will enter the number o...
[3 replies] Last: Hello everyone and thank you for the help. The problem is that I was ... (by onlincutie)
Unqualified ID error, please assist!

Hey all, this forum has been such great help thank you! I am getting the following errors for this code: 26:2 error expected unqualified ID before return 2...
[2 replies] Last: If you are using header guards, it is a better practice to enclose all... (by BHX)
HW help please!!

i'm asked to : " Write a program for entering test scores and calculating results of the scores. The scores should be saved in a file. Here is how the program s...
[no replies]
by gws923
Problem with function pointer in class method

Hi there. I'm trying to sort a vector with a custom sort method. I cannot seem to figure out the correct syntax to use std::sort() with the third parameter, s...
[3 replies] Last: Just an update: All I had to do was make the function static and it s... (by gws923)
Mergesort Dividing Problem

//Divides the array void divide(int* input, int low , int high) { int mid; if(low<high) { mid=low+high/2; divide(input,low,mid); ...
[1 reply] : Line 11. Are you sure that mid = low + (high/2) ? For example, divi... (by keskiverto)
Teachers ncurses program won't run

Hey guys, I'm trying to write an ncurses program and the teacher gave us an example file to use so we can see how it works, however, I can't get it to work. ...
[3 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20058864/how-to-include-libraries-i... (by ne555)
Unable to input with spaces into char array from struct.

Hey guys. I am currently attempting an assignment that requires the user to input data into a structure.However, I can't manage to properly insert the inputs wi...
[4 replies] Last: Though I don't see the point of changing the data size within structu... (by SakurasouBusters)
implementing constructor

Hi, I am learning implementations nowadays and I have problem about that. For example here is my code; Matrix(int r1, int c1): r(r1), c(c1) { corner = ne...
[no replies]
by udsctb
Error in vector array deallocation after subroutine completion

Apologies if this isn't a beginner question I have a crashing subroutine with a linux ubuntu environment When called it makes a number and then declares two e...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply. As you found a solution, that's ok. I did wonder... (by Chervil)
Please Help Me With My Slot Machine Code

First of all, my code is very broken and I know but I really need help with the balance part of my code. The code below is just for you to get an idea Its not m...
[no replies]
by CTLZ
Getting perimeter coordinates of a polygon

Hi i need help on how to get the perimeter coordinates(on shape) and in shape coordinates of a polygon with 12 points of vertices, like a cross. The shape of...
[4 replies] Last: What do these mean: "perimeter coordinates" and "in shape coordinates"... (by keskiverto)
Problem with using and understanding arrays in structures and calling into Functions.

I do not know how to go about sorting a variable that was declared within a structure when that variable was not made into an array to begin with... if that mak...
[2 replies] Last: Would I need a nested structure to be able to access the ID independen... (by sam1234)
October 2016 Pages: 123456... 51
  Archived months: [sep2016] [nov2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.