Beginners - October 2016 (Page 5)

When are volatile copy constructors safe?

I have a situation where I had to go back and assign copy constructors to follow the rule of 5 or whatever you call it. When assigning a copy constructor to one...
[2 replies] Last: You can always add cv-qualifiers. volatile follows the same rules a... (by mbozzi)
by jycpp
array function with structures

I'm trying to figure out how to do a second part to an assignment that was finished. The idea is that we are supposed to change the functions/prototypes into th...
[2 replies] Last: ~deleted assignment link void populate_div_sales(DIV div_info , int ... (by jycpp)
by Dan21
Calculating voltage

I am having trouble getting the output of voltage. All I get are 0's and a 4. #include <iostream> using namespace std; void calcVolts(double* curren...
[7 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; void calcVolts(double* cur... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Difficulty Reading and couting numeric data from a file

So i've copied a program from my textbook that reads numbers from a file and then displays them. However for some reason I keep getting large random numbers for...
[13 replies] Last: You're program worked, sorta. It pops up saying it can't find my file... (by SakurasouBusters)
Program wont run. need suggestion

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { char operation,operation2; float i; int num1,num2; cout<<" \nPlease enter the first ...
[5 replies] Last: @SakurasouBusters I just learned something new !!...Thank you. "cout... (by arthur78)
Questions

I'm having a particular issue when coding and the irony is about to unfold. The issue I have is when to ask for help. The reason why I'm asking this is because ...
[1 reply] : I remember being in this situation. My suggestion is to always try to ... (by joe864864)
Group project is in danger here

Having problems with the inputStock function. it runs by itself but will not input to the variables in the class so that they are usable. It feels like I am mis...
[2 replies] Last: My goal is to input all the data into variables so that they can be pr... (by dragonfly95670)
Optimisation of code

I am currently learning C++ following "Programming Principles and Practice" (I absolutely love the book so far) and have a bit of a query about some code I've w...
[6 replies] Last: I would need some sort of sorting function. If you would like to ... (by Nico)
Where to find data files created on code blocks?

I created a program that allows you to write to a data file as well as read from it. I know it works because i wrote to it and then read from it and the informa...
[4 replies] Last: i didn't change any of the settings, so the file should come out in t... (by jlb)
Output revised help

Hi everyone, Can someone help me on the output the output is suppose to be -20. I also want the current temperature to stay 11. I am stuck in this two parts....
[3 replies] Last: lastchance I do agree it is basically putting the same temperature t... (by DamianH)
Array division problem

Write a complete C program that will fill an array with int values read in from the keyboard, one per line, and outputs their sum as well as all the numbers rea...
[2 replies] Last: @skaa's solution is perfectly good, but maybe he hasn't explained the ... (by lastchance)
by zizau
Error finding the largest and the smallest number

I writed a program in wich you can enter 10 numbers and then calculate the sum and the average of all numbers and also find the largest and the smallest number....
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, now everything works fine! (by zizau)
Help pausing problem

I am having problems pausing the following program #include <iostream> using namespace std; void func1(); void func2(); int main() { int num;...
[1 reply] : See the following sticky thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/begin... (by AbstractionAnon)
Output Help/code included

Hi Everyone could anybody help me on why my wind chill factor does not equal -20 During winter when it is very cold, typically, everyone would like to kn...
[2 replies] Last: Revised Can someone help me on the output the output is suppose to ... (by DamianH)
by rantiv
Input error checking

This is a plinko simulator using functions. I am having trouble making my functions check for input error and reprompt. Also my allSlots function is not outputt...
[1 reply] : I would tend to make getting and validating the input part of a single... (by AbstractionAnon)
Help swapping array of objects

hi guys i have a problem with swapping two index in class array the compiler says the following error Error 14 error C2678: binary '=' : no operator found w...
[4 replies] Last: i get what you mean thxxxxxx (by crazy3w3w)
Two Seperate Arrays and a search algorithm

I have a two separate files that I need to first initialize. One file has zipcodes(int) and the other has salaries (decimals). Each file has 500+ numbers. I nee...
[1 reply] : I do not know what language you are using, but I'm sure it ain't C++. ... (by keskiverto)
by Red69
Need some help with assignment.

https://imgur.com/a/83SHJ Can someone please write the code for this? I would really appreciate that thanks.
[3 replies] Last: Just give me some logic to work on. I'm not able comprehend anything f... (by Red69)
void display with while loops

I keep getting an error when I use void display in the header. I need to use it for my assignment. I don't know why it's doing this? (this is also a portion of ...
[2 replies] Last: In addition to what lastchance mentioned, Line 75: Your if statem... (by AbstractionAnon)
by N1nJa
Random number between range

Hi Guys, I'm trying to make a guess my number program, with the computer guessing the number that I choose, I seem to have finally got it working except for th...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=lastchance]I think you had better take a look at ALL your retur... (by AbstractionAnon)
October 2016 Pages: 1... 34567... 51
  Archived months: [sep2016] [nov2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.