Beginners - September 2015 (Page 2)

by Chubby
Diamond OpenGL in C++

I am try to create a flurry Diamond which the diamond will create a lot of diamond within screen of set. The code below is what i have try but it show me nothin...
[1 reply] : Where is your camera and where it is pointing at? How small diamond ca... (by eraggo)
by Winsu
uppercase array

I'm doing a function which get an pointer to char and return a pointer to char...it's supposed to get lower case letters and return upper case letters, I have d...
[11 replies] Last: Yes. (by coder777)
error: pointer to object type

i am getting a pointer to object error on the following code. I am new to programming and don't understand the error. Can someone please point out the issue and...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks everyone, I think i understand what needs to happen now when i ... (by chrismc1976)
custom vector assignment

given main code. and I should make my custom vector class. #include “my_vector.h” void main() { myvector a(2); myvector b(2); cout << a.si...
[2 replies] Last: vector size should not be T . what if you take another type than primi... (by Ericool)
General Introduction

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I am working as a software professional in a mobile app development firm. I have expertise across all platforms such as iP...
[1 reply] : So, what is your concern? (by coder777)
making a table showing approximated integral at each row

Hi I have an assignment were I need to find the area under a function x^2 by using middlesums/riemann sum. the output needs to be a table with the number of row...
[no replies]
Help with files

I have a text file like this: Williams,Leonard Freshman 1.85 Smith,Sheila Senior 2.99 Anderson,Andy Sophomore 3.01 and i want to read those names and t...
[no replies]
C++ Physical Architecture

Recently I have been trying to organize my code a bit more efficiently as I've begun writing larger projects. Breaking up class declarations and definitions be...
[2 replies] Last: You must still compile all your .cpp files, but VS doesn't know about ... (by Duthomhas)
by gaga77
flag function

i try to make a program with flag. i just copy from book but not get the meaning of flag function (if i amnot mistake). i am beginer plis help me. #incl...
[1 reply] : The 'flag' simply tells you whether or not something is in a given sta... (by Duthomhas)
While loops, Program not ending.

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I'm having trouble doing while loops. I've lost a LOT of points in my programming class because of this and I do not w...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you kemort! I see my mistakes now. (by WallsofJericho)
Class issue

Can anyone please help me fix my scope issues? thanks!! http://ideone.com/xhUPs7 this is the link to the compiler I used, but I am unsure of how to fix my prob...
[4 replies] Last: Hey DyslexicChicken, After following your suggestion I was able to fi... (by cher1201)
Constructor issue

So I created a constructor to create a Matrix, I can create one Matrix just fine, but as soon as I create a second I get a segmentation fault error. Here's t...
[17 replies] Last: We're not seeing enough code to be of help yet, but I noticed you stat... (by CrashMeister)
seconds to days, hours, minutes, seconds

Time calculator – Write a program that prompts for and reads a number of seconds. If the number of seconds is greater than or equal to 86400, display the numb...
[4 replies] Last: Nevermind. Solved. Should have been else if (secs >= SECS_MIN) { ... (by yourself)
C++ Program Struct, I/O Files, Lawn Mowing Competition

I have an assignment for class and would like some help organizing it. The assignment is that a group of students have been hired by a private company for mowin...
[no replies]
by BEARS
Distance Calc Program not working correctly

The program below works, but not the way I wanted. I want the program to allow the user to enter in values with or without parentheses and/or commas. It doesn...
[2 replies] Last: First learn to modularize your code. It makes it easier for you to deb... (by DyslexicChciken)
& at?

So for a project we have we have to be able to use the "at" function to return a element for a Matrix. I get how to find the element in the Matrix, I just need...
[3 replies] Last: So I fixed that, I had to add a function: const double & Matrix::at ... (by newb4lyfe)
recursive memoization streamlining

I'm new to memoization and was working on this problem and the code seems to execute well and rather quickly. I was just looking for some input on if this is th...
[no replies]
recurtion Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Why My Sum Value Didnt Update??? its still show me the first one....!!!!!!!! #include<iostream>> using namespace std; class test{ public: ...
[2 replies] Last: You probably meant it to be tail recursive. If so you need to pass sum... (by DyslexicChciken)
by dn90
"undefined reference to ... "?

This is a portion of my Ring implementation file (Ring.cpp): Ring.cpp #include "ring.h" #include <stdexcept> template<class T> Ring<T>::Ring(): n(DEFAULT_...
[1 reply] : Normally when dealing with templates you need to have both the definit... (by jlb)
questions about asterix and global vars

1st question: I am on the lesson about structures and am having a prob understanding something: this is a simple prog using an array of struct. The struct is de...
[1 reply] : 1st question: The * is dereferencing a pointer: http://www.cplus... (by Norm Gunderson)
September 2015 Pages: 1234... 42
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.