minimum/maximum selection- Need homework solution

Show us the code you've written. Tell us what the errors are. We'll help you to fix them.

We're not just going to do your homework for you.
Huh? I'm confused..

Oh wait is it because the post got reported? How does the report system work? Does it
1) Wait for sufficient amount of people to report
2) Wait for a person who has been in the forum for a long time to report
3) Mix of both
4) Wait for just one person to report

What happens if somebody missuses the report function? What happens if the post was legitimate but got deleted because it got reported? Where would the poster appeal for instance?

To original poster: We can't help you do you homework but you can ask for hints and we'll try to explain to you how YOU are supposed to do it. Have you already done something? Post it and we'll help you with that.

This is the one unique aspect of programming forums that I love (that people are keen on you trying the problem yourself and then of course they guide you with it if you don't get it). So keep up the tradition ^_^
Last edited on
> is it because the post got reported?

Yes. Some idiot had gone and reported the post.
Ensuring that the original poster would now not be able to modify the question and make it a good one.

Report the first post, because it isn't perfect: the easiest way to drive students way from this forum.
Are you saying that it takes only one report to take down a post then JLBorges?

Then you need a minimum join date for the post to be taken down I assume? Otherwise some new account could literally destroy this forum.. So you can report and take down a post instantly?

I just realized that I can remove posts myself! So can like anybody get any post removed? Because I consider myself a relatively new forumer.. Or maybe it's because of my post count? I haven't tried reporting before so I don't know for sure.
Last edited on
I don't know exactly what the rules are, but I think it only works if:

- the reporter has a high enough post count, AND
- the poster being reported has a very low post count
I thought that one cannot trivially remove posts, if there are already replies to them.

I have occasionally written a reply and by the time of 'submit' the system states that there is no thread to reply to. Either the poster erased their own post(s), or someone delete-eligible did report.

I have even started to report (obvious spam), only to get error that there is no message. Someone else was millisecond faster.
I thought that one cannot trivially remove posts, if there are already replies to them.

Actually, yes, I believe you're right. It's why, for example, one shouldn't reply to spam - because it prevents reporters from removing the post.

So, I guess either:

1) The forum software has been updated to change this
2) The OP deleted their post
3) Admin has deleted the OP.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.