General C++ Programming - December 2014 (Page 5)

by poteto
Impossible seg fault :C

I spent waaaay too much time on this problem, I overlooked my code at least a hundred times, and this chunk of code should work perfectly fine... The *only* ...
[2 replies] Last: Hmm, cpp.sh urls seem to be very temporary... (by poteto)
OOP question

I was wondering what is the main differences between a struct and a class? popa
[2 replies] Last: Hellouu As much as I know, in C++, the only difference between a str... (by HalfNOoB)
Vector like container which can reuse space?

Unoptimized problem: I work on a table (vector of vectors). vector< vector<double> > Optimization: If the current set of vectors is v1...vn (so each vk i...
[2 replies] Last: Use a ring buffer (with move assignment). Boost has an implementation.... (by JLBorges)
Exec batch from windows service

I have the code. void CSampleService::ServiceWorkerThread(void) { // Periodically check if the service is stopping. while (1) { // Pe...
[no replies]
Where have I gone wrong?

I am simply trying to prompt a user to enter M for Male or F for Female. However, when I test run the program (what I've got so far below), any letter inputted ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much for the explanation and correct line! I greatly ap... (by Captaincjm)
resizing the screen

How would you resize the module outputting the code? In cmd/batch file it's mode con cols= "whatever #" lines= "whatever #" so i was wondering what it was in c...
[2 replies] Last: There is no standard C++ way to do this because as far as C++ is conce... (by LB)
Parallelizing using OpenMP

Hi, I am trying to parallelize a section of my code. The for loop calls an external function pvnorm which is in a wrapper for some FORTRAN code. Since most of...
[no replies]
How to make a program usable?

I am new a writing C++ programs but am learning fairly quickly. However I am having trouble with finding out what you actually do with the code after you finish...
[1 reply] : Get some GUI library. QT, WxWidgets or GTK+. (by MiiNiPaa)
Question about programming and compression

Hello readers, i was wondering if i was to compress files music for example or any kind of file. Could it be properly used in my program or it would have to be ...
[4 replies] Last: Read on compression algorithms, implement one in your program (or get ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Neek
How to build an application like this..

So I' new to programming, and so far I've been only with console programs..and trying to find a way out to build an application like http://www.makeuseof.com/ta...
[1 reply] : As I said before, I don't believe QT will be able to be used in this p... (by Avilius)
by Scizor
Help with tip splitting issue?

Hi guys, so I've designed a program to help me close the register at the end of the night. It works great except I have yet to implement the ability to determin...
[1 reply] : Something like: #include <iostream> #include <numeric> #include <vecto... (by MiiNiPaa)
How to login a website and download/upload files

Basicly I want to make a c++ program which does the following: 1- logs in to 4shared.com with username 'user_example' and password 'password_example'. 2- up...
[15 replies] Last: If I can connect to domain specified with the informations below using... (by SkYWAGz)
Making a little program faster

Hello, I started programming for the first time in my life about 2 months ago. I'm studying the C++ programming language using the book : Programming principle...
[3 replies] Last: you may not see any improvement in performance at all I use Win7 and ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Not working?

I keep having this issue that if someone puts in an answer other than what is given, it will show a blank screen and they will have to restart the game... any i...
[4 replies] Last: Replace the ";"s with "||" inside the parentheses of your if statement... (by Scizor)
STL map of a list, or something like that?

(EDIT: See my proposed solution at and) I'm working on some code that was originally written in the 90's, and didn't use the STL. We used some other containe...
[no replies]
Help with using Curl to get text of webpage

I'm trying to make a program that will use Curl to retrieve just the text from a website and store it as a string. I'm trying to look at the curl manual to figu...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply. I got it to work with a few adjustments. Here's... (by bkharoud)
by WAKS
One fast question about vectors!

Hello! I'm making a little 2D game in C++ using the SDL framework, but it's one thing I've thought a lot about while I have worked with the development of th...
[2 replies] Last: @Zereo Thanks :D (by WAKS)
comparing char array to char always returns true

Hello I've made a code to check whether or not a save file has been created correctly, but for some reason it always returns this line: readdata =='1' as tru...
[4 replies] Last: yes, thank you all, I just figgured out the same thing, but still than... (by freeman1223)
by Neber
Segmentation fault with cout<<endl

For some reason when i put cout<<endl i'm getting segmentation faults in my Parser code. It's really weird some inputs of strings using cout is already faulting...
[3 replies] Last: char appendString = {cur}; printf("Current char: %s\... (by MiiNiPaa)
need help with a program

hi guys can you help me i`ve made a program that removes "0" from "n" typed numbers now i have to do the same but remove the duplicate here is my program: #in...
[1 reply] : Hi, if you want to remove duplicates from an array then probably the e... (by minomic)
December 2014 Pages: 1... 34567... 31
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.