General C++ Programming - February 2020 (Page 7)

WxWidgets

Rob and Jason are joined by Vadim Zeitlin one of the maintainers of WxWidgets. They first talk about a blog post describing a fantastic bug and another respondi...
[1 reply] : I used to use WxWidgets way back when it was WxWindows, and for a few ... (by Repeater)
How to sort boy and girl names? :)

Hi there! I'm confused on how to sort boy and girl names. Like, in a country where I live, all of the boy names end with a 'as' or 'us' characters, and girl nam...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for help! :) (by Dzemolis)
Biguint == operator

I need to create a == operator overload with this biguint class that I created and have no clue how can someone help? I have been trying and used my compare fun...
[6 replies] Last: == should be easy and fast for most objects. is the size the same? i... (by jonnin)
Help with vector and functions problem

So I have this program that I am struggling heavily with and have no clue on what to do. Below is what i have thus far as well as the assignment, i was hoping t...
[3 replies] Last: I mean a specific question at this point it seems that you didn't eit... (by ne555)
Conversion Loses Qualifiers

I have a bool function, contains(), that returns true if anEntry is equal to a value in an array element and false otherwise. Inside this function I created two...
[4 replies] Last: I think I am seeing why. The main function calls add() with a loop. So... (by stoneJax)
SOS Personal Encryption Algorithm Help

How do I get my encrypt function to properly scramble strings (needs to work with both odd and even strings) with the algorithm I made? Thank you. #includ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <cstring> using namespace std; const i... (by dutch)
How does dynamic pointer allocation work?

Suppose you have this code: string* pointerVariable = new string ; string name = "Squid"; pointerVaribale = &name; But what does this mean? In the first l...
[6 replies] Last: @OP Probably a bit late but keep in mind that writing some code and tr... (by againtry)
Why does this not output anything?

#include <iostream> #include <cmath> int main(){ int casos=0; std::cin>>casos; int num=0; int num1=0; int result=0; for(int n...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <vector> using namespac... (by lastchance)
How does a deep copy constructor work?

When using pointers and constructors, sometimes you may accidentally have some mishaps and only shallow copy. So how do you deep copy a constructor?
[1 reply] : That affects the so-called rule-of-three/five/zero: https://en.cppref... (by nuderobmonkey)
Filling rational number struct

I am having issues with my getRationalNumber function. No matter what variables I use or numbers I input I get weird output values. #include <iostream> #...
[1 reply] : getRationalNumber(); You aren't doing anything with the returned val... (by Repeater)
by sr0099
Help Reqired

Hi, I was doing a simple program for practice and getting an erroneous result for option 2. Can anybody remove the bug: # include <iostream> using namespace s...
[4 replies] Last: int TakeInput (void); //sets this->choice void Convert (int);... (by ne555)
In c++, what is a better way in protected or setter/getter?

When I use a member variable of a base class in a derived class, what is a better way? or what is the more preferred? 1. using protected 2. using setter/getter...
[6 replies] Last: tell, don't ask `base' should be responsible of its data (by ne555)
Is this a real interpreter??

Hello. I am writing an assembler intended to be interpreted by a software. The software reads a file, break it into lines, separate commands, identify opcodes a...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for your answers. (by enriquemesa8080)
Vector problem

Hi. I want to first get user input of a whole number n. In the next line n-1 times, numbers which are smaller or equal to n are going to be read. and the number...
[3 replies] Last: I did it like this, which is essentially identical to your second solu... (by dutch)
Minimum count of irregular bitmap regions before multi-threading?

Minimum count of irregular bitmap regions before multi-threading? Some conditions to set up the question: If I have multiple irregular bitmap regions that I a...
[10 replies] Last: I don't know what MAIN_WINDOW actually is. Normally you use the hand... (by coder777)
February 2020 Pages: 1... 567
  Archived months: [jan2020] [mar2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.