General C++ Programming - July 2016

Displaying Number of Words Not Containing Certain Letters

Hello, I am trying to fix a code that does various statistics on an imported txt file (words are imported and stored in a string). and one those stats that i ...
[5 replies] Last: Or perhaps: bool containsVowels(const string& word) { return wo... (by jlb)
I have a problem with a calculator

Hey. I have created a simple calculator in C++, using Qt creator. It's a GUI calculator. My problem is, when I click more than one time on one of the arithmeti...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks. I'll try to spend some time to practice and fix it. (by omer123)
Can I create an assembly language?

Hi. Can I create an assembly language for INTEL or AMD? Or only the manufacture of these hardware can do that. Thanks
[4 replies] Last: I got it. Thanks for your answer. (by omer123)
Can I get source code back again in .exe program?

Hi. If I make an .exe program, can I decompile it again to get source code? Is there a possible way to do that? If No, then, even the one who created that pro...
[4 replies] Last: Interesting. Thanks helios so much. (by omer123)
by lo2
Create matrix of chars (1,2)

Hi there, I have been trying to do a function that can read in a certain type of file, this file contains data on genptypes and therefore has a number of colum...
[20 replies] Last: So when you say C++ streams are you thinking of cout, cerr and all th... (by jlb)
Is there something thread unsafe about my soundengine

I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong with my program. I have a multi threaded sound loader that renders with rtaudio. intermittently I will get a...
[1 reply] : and the renderer void SoundPlayer::audioOut( ofSoundBuffer& buffer ... (by cool mr croc)
My C++ Chess Game

My C++ Chess Game GitHub: https://github.com/ardamavi/Satranc GitHub Project Page: http://ardamavi.github.io/Satranc/ Project Page: http://www.ardamavi.com/2...
[1 reply] : Tebrikler Arda Mavi (by mertsamilgul)
by Gyiove
Trying to understand adadelta training algorithm

Hello everyone! I'm trying to implement adadelta to my simple feed forward neural network but I think I'm having some troubles understanding the article. ...
[5 replies] Last: Well, the paper assumes you read the language of mathematics and conce... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Linker Error- what is wrong ?

i get this linker error after defining the following member functions and calling one function that calls the others to perform small arithmetic calculations. W...
[6 replies] Last: Admittedly there are bigger fish to fry, but put these problems need t... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by DICE21
Can I Fode A Youtube Video Into The Console

I was wondering if I can Code a program that pulls a video from the internet such as Youtube Example:If the user enters 1 video 1 plays but if user enter 2 vid...
[1 reply] : While absolutely possible (and there exists a Python script to downloa... (by Albatross)
by Qub1
Using a wrapper class as a pointer to the type it wraps?

I have a simple wrapper class for Integer types, defined like so (just an example): class Integer { public: Integer() { } Integer...
[7 replies] Last: @FurryGuy I appreciate your concerns, but the class is already being u... (by Qub1)
"left of 'm' must have class, struct or union type" i think it definitely does :d what am I doing wrong?

#include<iostream> #include<ctime> #include<random> #include<algorithm> #include<cmath> #include<vector> using namespace std; const int maxgeneration ...
[2 replies] Last: cire thank you so much! (by davidgoder)
File Display

Im trying to display a file onto my program the file will consist of a whole paragraph i know i have to use the fstream library but im not too sure what to do t...
[3 replies] Last: You can read the file in one go and display it. string readFile (stri... (by Thomas1965)
destructor/stack

Hi, I want to destroy every constructor I have made (10). I don't know how to do this or if this can be done. I'd like control over the destruction process i...
[1 reply] : As the loop iterates, you create a single Stack object each iteratio... (by cire)
Simplex Method Code

Hello, I have simplex method code in C form, could anyone help me about converting it to C++ form with short explanations, I have to finish it in a week. You c...
[13 replies] Last: Yes, I do not know what to do and how to start actually :/ (by hello35)
What is faster dynamic arrays or linked lists

Let's say I want to retrieve some data structure inside a linked list I would have to do something along these lines: short num = 500; while(node != NULL){ ...
[6 replies] Last: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQs6IC-vgmo (by Thomas1965)
by Raizel
How to display 3 minimum values in an array.

Hey guys, im just wondering how do we display 3 minimum values for in a single array.Do we loop 3 times or one is enough?
[12 replies] Last: Here's an algorithm I just wrote up that does it in one pass: #incl... (by Arslan7041)
is this plagiarism?

is it considered plagiarism if you use (or just a part of a code) taken from the internet? how about if the student know how the code works or implemented? i...
[5 replies] Last: ROFL (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Please offer critique of my interview answer

Here was my interview question: Write a function that will operate on a C-string and convert all instances of "AB" to "C" without using a second string for t...
[6 replies] Last: Now that you are home, can you write a better version? These kinds of... (by Duthomhas)
Error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant, simple code.

I'm trying to review coding of open of multiple forms in Code::Blocks with wxWidgets.(now CB 16.1/wxW 3.0.2) So this code Works in an example app in my old X...
[4 replies] Last: Helios I really appreciate your patience with my presentation, but its... (by Steve02)
July 2016 Pages: 123... 13
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.