General C++ Programming - June 2015 (Page 14)

by admkrk
File Stream Question

I was under the impression that fstream worked the same way as printing to the screen, but that does not seem to be the case. I recently had a function that I w...
[2 replies] Last: I never thought of flushing the stream, but that works fine, and let m... (by admkrk)
FPS Game engine

I'm looking for a engine to make a First-Person Shooter, but I haven't found what I want... WHAT I NEED: -OpenGL + SDL (NO DIRECTX AT ALL) -Networking -Wind...
[2 replies] Last: I'm not sure about Unreal enginge i have not used engines but im su... (by xenovia12)
I think my program is right. Will the compiler I use in linux affect the output? What all compilers can I try in that case.

Hi guys, This is a program I wrote. I believe the program should be right. You may comment, if it is wrong. However, when I compile, I dont get an error and it...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for your help :D (by Ganesh0025)
by hav206
vector

hi can anyone help me with this question I am doing the heap sort and I am using the vector to store the item. Correct me if I am wrong. the first element is...
[2 replies] Last: No, there is no way to change this, it works like an array, you could ... (by lordseanington)
Merge sort

Can anyone explain how this code works? Conceptually I understand merge sort but I found this code and I have some questions on it. void merge(int a , int st...
[4 replies] Last: I really need to fix the FAQ to be much easier to read for this stuff... (by Duthomhas)
by kipsky
Help

I am having an error: error states end1; not identified any help is greatly appreciated //This program takes the excel document and the data within and pro...
[9 replies] Last: The warning I receive from my compiler is this: warning: variable 't... (by BlatantlyX)
A good game to create for practice?

What would be a good game for me to create as practice for C++? Optimally this would be something that isn't too complex but does also require to me to practic...
[6 replies] Last: A great intermediate project is a sudoku solver. Read about some of t... (by dhayden)
Problem with functions.

Hello everyone. I am having a problem with functions. As I took programming (c++) course this semester, I'm having some beginners difficulties. An employee is ...
[3 replies] Last: It isn't working because you aren't actually calling the functions. Fo... (by dhayden)
3D Mesh Drawing ASCII

I have developed a working console library doublebuffer system including image drawing, loading, and text input for windows. The main purpose was to build up to...
[no replies]
Wrapping up a C++ console application in a script for GUI

Hey guys, I have recently overheard some of the programmer guys in my school that it is possible to write a C++ console application to do a specific task, and t...
[1 reply] : Check out Expect http://www2.tcl.tk/201 (by Duthomhas)
Calling inherited classes function from base class

Hello, I'm trying to call a function from a class that has inherited from a base class. I've seen this been done, but unfortunately I get a crash when running t...
[9 replies] Last: You could split it up so that you have things that can be rendered. Th... (by Peter87)
mechanical student asking for the answer..

the question is.. create a file name studAnswers.txt as shown below. this file contain answer of 10 students for 10 objective question asked in a quiz. each ...
[3 replies] Last: i made this pretty quick not the best... #include <iostream> #inclu... (by Subzero030201)
SDL depends on file I dont have

When I debbuged my SDL & GL program, that is meant to have a window pop up(that is all i have done so far) there is an error. Main.cpp: #include <SDL/SDL....
[5 replies] Last: I am using visual studio 2013 (by Belldore)
I need help on my problem...

String::String(int maxsize) { fstr = new char ; fcap = maxsize; fstr = '\0'; flen = 0; } String::String(const String &s) : flen(s.flen), fcap(...
[1 reply] : The error messages are telling you what's wrong: 1) You haven't defi... (by MikeyBoy)
calling class method from member method

I have a class that declares a class (static) method and then declares a member method which calls the class method with certain member vars as arguments. It c...
[8 replies] Last: > ¿are you building with clang instead of clang++? I'm using make wh... (by catinthehat)
Using [&]

I have recently come across some code that looks a little like this: auto name = [&](unsigned long long bla, unsigned long long bla2) { return bla + bla2;...
[4 replies] Last: Locality. (It keeps code that does stuff in one spot.) For example, y... (by Duthomhas)
Arrange numbers with shell in a Array

I am trying to make a shell algorithm to arrange a array, so far I can print the whole array but when I run shell() it prints the same array. It doesn't pri...
[no replies]
how to name the columns and rows in c++

Hi, i have generated a matrix and looking for a way to name the rows and columns. for eg, x y z x 1 2 5 y 3 6 9 the matrix is an output of addit...
[no replies]
CLI How to play multiple SoundPlayers at the same time?

Hello, I am trying to make a game, but I have having trouble trying to get more than one sound to play at the same time (in my example, this would be Main play...
[no replies]
HW. i dont understand it

• Write a C++ function double dotProduct(double *px, double *py, int n); that returns the dot product of two integer arrays with starting addresses stored ...
[2 replies] Last: Please DON'T double-post. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/166... (by cnoeval)
June 2015 Pages: 1... 1213141516
  Archived months: [may2015] [jul2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.