General C++ Programming - March 2013

GUI objects creation/deletion

Hi, I have a basic query regarding GUI Objects (Labels, Combo Boxes etc) creation and deletion in a ...
[2 replies] Last: Hey thanks for the help vince1027. So if I have understood correctly,... (by abhishekm71)
So close to being finished, SO STUCK

So I have a project due tuesday, it didn't seem too difficult, but when I sent my teacher my errors ...
[1 reply] : //overloading assignment operator template <class T> //indexList<T>::... (by JLBorges)
Class memory allocation

Say I have a class with a few member functions, and only two data members: an int* Table; and an ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Michaela. I know it's case sensitive, I did that to show that I... (by trojansdestroy)
cmath errors compiling DOOM

I've recently downloaded the original DOOM source code from id Software's GitHub page. I decided it ...
[3 replies] Last: So I found the problem. The DOOM sound library was including fstream o... (by DethRaid)
calling a appending function from a read file function

I need to add a method readFile() which will read integer values from a file named as numbers.txt. T...
[no replies]
Pre-increment and post-increment (unusual behaviour, why and how?)

What will be the output of this piece of code? It really made me curious how is that possible ? ...
[1 reply] : Output is undefined. What you're doing is illegal. The general rule ... (by Disch)
Question about File Reader Class

I am making a file reader class to read files. It must be able to ,given a string skip ahead to the ...
[1 reply] : Just realised its not when it tries to open the file it causes the err... (by martianxx)
Can you optimize this code/algorithm even furthur?

Well, this is part of an assignment where we have to work upon a problem and create a C program as a...
[9 replies] Last: > The idea is that if I am taller than a person standing further to me... (by ne555)
Classes and arrays

Hey, I've been given a question which requires me to make a class and make use of it. They haven't g...
[3 replies] Last: How would I make my class Module represent a single module? Would I ha... (by nobodyza)
LinkedList-

'LinkedList::removeFirst' : not all control paths return a value what does this error means? belo...
[1 reply] : The function should return an integer value in all cases. Yours return... (by fun2code)
by Yom
declaring and accessing arrays in classes

Any help here would be most appreciated. We are learning how to use composition. In this project...
[9 replies] Last: In the default constructor, you don't initialize or set the values of ... (by cire)
by xAPMx
Problem with sentinel...

Hi everyone :) I'm trying to make a program but I'm having a hard time getting the sentinel right...
[3 replies] Last: O_O I completely forgot about that, thank you, both. (by xAPMx)
by Haze
Bubble Sort Random Array

Hi, I am new here and im looking for some help. I am trying to create an array with 800 element that...
[2 replies] Last: thanks a million Yanson! (by Haze)
How to link static library C::B

Hello everyone, I have headaches for 3 days already figuring out how to create standalone program. F...
[1 reply] : Add already compiled as static library "libmysql.a" to linker input. (by modoran)
I swear my compiler is just trying to piss me off

So I finally gave in and headed back to Visual Studio's 2012 and this is what it gives me as a welco...
[2 replies] Last: Nope that was there, but I have managed to get it fixed. Just did a fu... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Calling derived class's functions in a function with parameter of base class

Say I have 3 classes: class Player { public: virtual func1(); }; class Human...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main() { class Player { public: virtua... (by vlad from moscow)
by vkt420
Need Help With Code About Structures

Hey, I'm having some trouble with my code. I had to rewrite my original code using structures. I've ...
[3 replies] Last: char is a name implied is a single character. You can use: a) char*... (by MiiNiPaa)
linked lists

hey guys ! i have a problem relating to linked lists .. Make a class called Card. Each card is rep...
[no replies]
Question about singleton classes and when to use them.

Hi, I'm in the first year of a programming degree and although we are due to cover this area after t...
[no replies]
by ASCE
Easy way to Tokenize a file

Input file int a; int b; a=2; b=4; print a; Here is my code #include <iostream> #...
[no replies]
March 2013 Pages: 123... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.