General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 2)

What does iterator -> second mean?

Im studying c++ and ive just started with template and classes, and they confuse me alot. Im trying to make winsock server that needs to parse messages and one...
[1 reply] : It's a pair type. http://cplusplus.com/reference/utility/pair/ Look ... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
Trouble with type signature for function prototype

The function im having problems with takes an array where each element is an array of unsigned chars i.e. octals representing a bitmap of one of 95 ASCII code c...
[1 reply] : " ::find_char( ) " has two distinct parameter types. The first one is ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by eapwf9
Checking values of adjacent elements in a 2D array

Hey, So I currently have a program that can create an array of two dimensions. ie. 111 111 111 This program then removes random elements from the arr...
[no replies]
compiler not working

I use dev c++ on my dell xps 8500. 64 bit system windows 7 home premium i have been studying some algorithms and now i wanted to try them out. But the problem i...
[4 replies] Last: Please take off the CAPSLOCK KEY, IT'S HARD TO READ WHEN YOU'RE YELLIN... (by Stewbond)
problem with assignment operator in class declaration file/implementation

hello, i am trying to create the assignment operator for a class that uses a pointer for it's private variable. The error is saying expected constructor, decon...
[1 reply] : template<class T> indexList<T>& indexList<T>::operator=(const indexLi... (by ne555)
C++ cin stream problem

Hi , i got a problem of cin concept : i dont know what is the meaning of cin.clear() and cin.sync() ? please help /_\ i have considered a long time
[2 replies] Last: http://cplusplus.com/reference/ios/ios/clear/ http://cplusplus.com/ref... (by Stewbond)
traversing a linked list

when i am traversing a linked list ...i suppose we can do it only with pointers like p is a head node pointer then p p->next p->next->next p-next->next->ne...
[1 reply] : Perhaps this could be done if you link by reference instead of linking... (by Stewbond)
I need help

Please I need the equation that make a name (string) circulate in 2-D string in C++ .. With My Regards
[no replies]
Operator overloading > Friend Function >

Suppose that the operator << is to be overloaded for a user-defined class mystery. Why must << be overloaded as a friend function?
[11 replies] Last: So cire, what is happening in your code is that you're tye casting an... (by cire)
Programming structure

Hello, I´m searching for a book or an article, which describes, how a efficient and easy programm has to be set up. I want to programm a game and it has alre...
[1 reply] : I would recommend you read design patterns and see which all patterns ... (by writetonsharma)
by Snivy
OpenGL OBJ file opener not working.

Hi, I'm still new to this, so feel free to fix where I put this post if it's in the wrong place. I tried to create an OpenGL OBJ viewer, but it doesn't open ...
[no replies]
Recursion using Stacks

Can someone please give me an example of a graph search algorithm that uses a recursion and linked list based stacks to determine a route from a single point on...
[3 replies] Last: the returning function knows that the size of array is 2 but whoever g... (by writetonsharma)
classes

how to access the private and protected member functions of the class.....
[5 replies] Last: nikita 19, you declare a function as private then want to access it pu... (by Anthony Hernandez)
g++ at&t inline asm to bcc32

would some kind soul please translate this g++ inline asm snippit to one compatable with Borland bcc32 ver 5.5 Thank you James void set_fpu (unsig...
[5 replies] Last: Well the compiler probably does but there is no tasm in the package s... (by jcfuller)
by serjo
vector assignment question

I am trying to assign a list of values to a vector: vector<string> words; words = {"one", "two", "three"}; This does not work. How can I accomplish it?...
[5 replies] Last: I need to assign the values after the declaration. words = {"one", ... (by Catfish3)
Vector whose elements have function pointer type.

I totally do not understand this exercise. "Write a declaration for a function that takes two int parameters and returns an int, and declare a vector whose e...
[9 replies] Last: Of course not, why would I deny more knowledge? =). Thanks for that, w... (by Olysold)
by high
(salt)Cryptographically Secure Pseudo-Random Number Generator CSPRNG

Actually I'm searching for c++/c program or software for adding (salt)Cryptographically Secure Pseudo-Random Number Generator CSPRNG to file of hexadecimal cont...
[1 reply] : Try this: http://burtleburtle.net/bob/rand/isaacafa.html (by rapidcoder)
To find disjoint paths in a network graph

I want to find maximum disjoint paths of a network graph and want to save all those nodes/edges.I need help for it .You can assume edge capacity is 1 for all e...
[no replies]
by vindy
Help Implementing Newton-Raphson Division

I've been working on functions which can perform arithmetic on arbitrarily large unsigned integers for sometime now. I've got add, subtract, multiply, and divis...
[no replies]
helppppppppp!!!

please guys need help in c++ , http://www.flickr.com/photos/94530840@N06/8603339886/in/photostream this is the pic about the question can help me please and th...
[no replies]
March 2013 Pages: 1234... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.