General C++ Programming - February 2013

by pwd
Obtaining a mean, while sentinel is 0

I'm writing a program where a user keeps entering numbers until "0" is entered. Once "0" is entered...
[3 replies] Last: I think if you just make max and min = price above the loop it should ... (by buffbill)
OpenGL 2.1

I am having trouble getting my spheres to rotate in place. It looks like a snowman. My Bottom sph...
[no replies]
runge-kutta with 2d kinematics

I got to make a runge-kutta program that can solve where an object is at an x position and a y posit...
[1 reply] : It was a simple radian-degree error. Here is the code: #include <i... (by crimsonzero2)
Decode / Code a simple cipher

So I am trying to make a simple cipher but can't see a pattern between the letters. Convert: A ...
[1 reply] : why is this in general c++ and not the lounge? also, a code doesn't ne... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
How do I print out a square of stars with different length and width given?

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int h,v,num; cout<<"Give a value for length...
[5 replies] Last: got it :D (by incognitocpp)
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong

A. Complete the Pointer Program (30 pts) Complete the following program: Include the comments be...
[1 reply] : Well, you aren't doing anything that the comments say you should be do... (by firedraco)
Affine Encoding Problem

I have the encryption code working so I commented out the functions in main. I'm trying to do a decr...
[4 replies] Last: I mis-understood the formula for decoding. So now it's fixed and I ass... (by OregonState1979)
Why doesn't this work with N>8000

It returns correctly for anything less than 8000 as max. Any clues? void sieve::sequential(){ ...
[6 replies] Last: You were right. void sieve::sequential(){ std::list<int> seqPrimes... (by yelnatz)
Hello, world!

so (it was on this forum actually) I saw a thread a while ago before i joined about cool ways to wri...
[1 reply] : Hello Word? (by EssGeEich)
by LFDC
Unhandled exception in .exe 0xC0000005 access violation

Hi all! I'm trying to run this program, but at one point it crashes and gives me the following erro...
[2 replies] Last: i think you are trying to access files that you need to be admin(windo... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
How to load files??

So I'm hoping anyone can give an example on how to load .wav files. Say there are several .wav files...
[3 replies] Last: http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/default.aspx (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by mrpeed
Can't create a window with freeglut

#ifdef __APPLE__ #include <GLUT/glut.h> #else #include <GL/glut.h> #endif #include <math...
[no replies]
if/else problems

I am having beginner troubles with a personal project of mine for practice i am wanting and if / el...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you It worked (by no names232)
Need help in spotting error

I'm creating a dice roll program and my teacher asked us to change our program around a # of differe...
[11 replies] Last: Walter Savitch: Problem Solving with C++ 8th Edition and yeah I unde... (by nheath12)
linked list

Hi I know what and how to make a linked list but I do not know how to make one with the pointer THI...
[9 replies] Last: [quote=Smac89]That being said, the "this" keyword is particularly usef... (by LB)
Overloading Functions Help [Else If Statement]

Hello. I got a small problem, as is expected here I assume haha. So this just tells me I have an "el...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, so it was ending it before it even checked the if statements... Oo... (by MetaTheCat)
Error: Reference to non static function must be called?

So on lines 36 - 39 (The commented out functions) is where I'm sure is causing this error because on...
[4 replies] Last: Alright, thanks you two I'm no longer getting that error (Now if only ... (by A Newbie)
Code for Balanced Partitioning Dynamic Programming Problem

Can someone please explain this code in detail? I've tried debugging it but i can't figure out how i...
[3 replies] Last: I was going to mention this in the first post, but I tried 5,4,3,7,9 a... (by Smac89)
C++ Game Development?

Hello. I have wanted to make a game for several years now. I heard of C++ so me and 8 other friends ...
[12 replies] Last: Thanks racefreak! Same to you and Reboot Studios :) Hopefully teenager... (by CppCoder101)
Codes between Compilers (1,2)

HI. I use Turbo c++ with dosbox at home, and i wanted to enter an online competition for writing co...
[31 replies] Last: ..oh, right, LWS allows input too now. Calculating factorials up to 1... (by Cubbi)
February 2013 Pages: 123... 43
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.